From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

And now Twitter going crazy saying OTs going early and people trying to trade up after u post this lol we must protect the guy at all costs

Lol, I just saw Alt trending. 
Chargers, Pats all hoping they don't draft him. 

Because Chargers fans want WR

Pats want a QB. 

Edited by KingTitan

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Definitely feels like we're comfortable just relying on Bill to develop/produce an offensive line with whats already in the room and later round picks if need be.

It's me talking, but I don't know if it's thinking he can turn water into wine, but it's more of guys with great skills, that just need to be coached. 
I think we can agree, this class has a lot of guys with potential to be developed. Now Alt showed the most consistent skills in college and is ready to go now.
But thinking about someone like Jones for the Browns last year. By game 3-4 or whenever he was ready to play and doing well, before injury. 

Maybe a guy in the 2nd that didn't show the consistency in college, but could be a NFL starter with coaching sooner rather than later?

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's me talking, but I don't know if it's thinking he can turn water into wine, but it's more of guys with great skills, that just need to be coached. 
I think we can agree, this class has a lot of guys with potential to be developed. Now Alt showed the most consistent skills in college and is ready to go now.
But thinking about someone like Jones for the Browns last year. By game 3-4 or whenever he was ready to play and doing well, before injury. 

Maybe a guy in the 2nd that didn't show the consistency in college, but could be a NFL starter with coaching sooner rather than later?

Could be, but the issue to me isn't just that we need a LT, we need an LT, RG and RT. Regardless of how deep the draft is at OL, we can't afford to use 3 picks on offensive linemen because of our needs at S, DL, ILB and WR(or TE/weapon, whatever). Trading back and picking up more selections opens up more possibilities, but not sure how likely it is we pick up an extra 3 picks that we can hope to become starters.

Skor and Cushenberry are the only two guys who we can rely on at their positions going in to the draft on the o-line.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Could be, but the issue to me isn't just that we need a LT, we need an LT, RG and RT. Regardless of how deep the draft is at OL, we can't afford to use 3 picks on offensive linemen because of our needs at S, DL, ILB and WR(or TE/weapon, whatever). Trading back and picking up more selections opens up more possibilities, but not sure how likely it is we pick up an extra 3 picks that we can hope to become starters.

Skor and Cushenberry are the only two guys who we can rely on at their positions going in to the draft on the o-line.

Brunskill is going to play a part in that. I think he is the most reliable fall back plan. I don't think they aimed to replace every guy on the line. Someone is going to have to play and they will have to hope someone improves with coaching. Charles was signed to compete as well. 
Also, I'm confident they will still sign maybe one more FA.

Not top 10 line, but from the bottom to the middle would be great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Ideally, the goal should be getting good value over anything else. Trying to spread a limited number of picks into covering our needs in a balanced way does nothing for me, TBH. Taking OL off the board completely with our Day 2 and 3 picks if we go OT in the 1st is nonsense to me. 

Yeah, I don’t think RG is that big a need. Brunskill is ok and we probably can’t spend the entire draft on OLs.

I trust Callahan a ways, but I push back on the idea he can just suddenly make a left tackle out of nothing, which I think it maybe what the thought process of too many is.

We get a top end tackle, I trust Callahan to make a competent RG out of Charles or Brunskill, and maybe also a competent RT out of Radunz/NPF/Duncan/Ojukwu.

You don’t need every position to be stellar, you just need a good unit. But since one of Levis’s biggest weaknesses is decision-making under pressure, betting in being able to fix those holes with late picks is a big, big gamble.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy Continued:

Still a lot of buzz Alt gets selected before our pick. 
Teams calling about trade up: Oakland, Denver and Vikings. Depending on which QB is there. 
They truly feel there are OL starters that can be found throughout the draft. 
Talked to a scout that has a strong voice and LOVES Odunze.
Defensive line was stressed as a scouting point. 
They feel confident in the strength of the OL in the draft and ability to significantly improve their OL room. 
Pennix stuff doesn't feel real, but with QB's you never know. 
Intel say the Patriots aren't settled on QB. Truly new era up there. 
Could definitely picture a scenario of 1. Williams 2. Daniels 3.  Alt 4. Maye 5. Harrison Jr. 6. Nabors 
Then would anyone trade up for McCarthy?
Don't want to go lower than 13.

I said last week that I think the Pats are a bigger threat to draft Alt than the Chargers. Now the talks of ppl trading up for OT!

WR at 7 still lives!!! 

• Like 2

I would think the idea if they go that route with the OL would be to take a statue that isn't set in stone yet and mold it. 

Opposed to taking a raw clump of mud and trying to make something out of that.

If that analogy makes.

There are some good prospects with some holes in their game, if they can be minimized and be part of a strong unit, I'd call that a win.

Or

Just take Alt if he is there. Whatever. lol

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, 615finest said:

I said last week that I think the Pats are a bigger threat to draft Alt than the Chargers. Now the talks of ppl trading up for OT!

WR at 7 still lives!!! 

If people want to trade up for OT, then it makes me feel the league rates only a few as instant starters. So the Titans would need to get theirs first.

Or

if they want to trade ahead of us to get an OT. I'm happy if Harrison Jr or Nabers falls to us. lol

Edited by KingTitan

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

I am preparing myself for Brock damn Bowers.  That way I won't be as disappointed if it's some dumb stuff that's only a little dumb (I think taking Nabers or Odunze over Alt is a little dumb).

I like Bowers but if we pick a TE at 7 it will hurt me. I just wish 4 QBs would go before us so we are guaranteed Alt or one of the #1 receivers lol

If it goes Williams, Daniels, Alt, Harrison, Latham, Nabers before us at 7, I think that is worse case.

3 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

I like Bowers but if we pick a TE at 7 it will hurt me. I just wish 4 QBs would go before us so we are guaranteed Alt or one of the #1 receivers lol

If it goes Williams, Daniels, Alt, Harrison, Latham, Nabers before us at 7, I think that is worse case.

I think worse than that is Latham being available and Maye not.

Those six go, we’ll have outstanding trade up offers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

I think that’s actually a pretty good scenario for us because I feel one of Minnesota, Denver or Vegas would trade up for Drake Maye. Reload on our draft capital while still potentially adding a guy like Olu Fashanu.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I think that’s actually a pretty good scenario for us because I feel one of Minnesota, Denver or Vegas would trade up for Drake Maye. Reload on our draft capital while still potentially adding a guy like Olu Fashanu.

Getting a third rounder and Olu would make me very happy. Olu has tremendous upside and is still pretty polished.

Hell, getting a third and any of Fashanu, Fautanu, or Fuaga would make me pretty happy.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Getting a third rounder and Olu would make me very happy. Olu has tremendous upside and is still pretty polished.

Hell, getting a third and any of Fashanu, Fautanu, or Fuaga would make me pretty happy.

Definitely wouldn't mind a trade back and getting one of those OTs in this scenario. Just hate missing out on a "blue chip"

Edited by Justin615$