From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

The Guy:

From my understanding, the Vikings wanted to come up. But only talked about one of their 1st round picks, 4th, 5th a pick next year, maybe 3rd? Felt they could get McCarthy later for cheaper.
Titans wanted both 1sts, both 4ths and a pick next year. Titans knew jets were going to take OT.  Bill Callahan loved Lathum more than the remaining OT's. 

Didn't think Kool-Aid would be there, debates and talks about him today. 
DL is going to be looked at. 
LB might not be the priority. One guy said not much difference between top rated (most popular) and guys that can be had later. 

Guy expects WR to be the pick if they stay at #38 (Roman Wilson), Polk. Some in the building like Walker from UNC. 
Character concerns with Mitchell are real. 

Seeing the Twitter love for Dejean. Going to ask around about the teams feel. I don't think they had a lot of contact with him. pre draft. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy:

From my understanding, the Vikings wanted to come up. But only talked about one of their 1st round picks, 4th, 5th a pick next year, maybe 3rd? Felt they could get McCarthy later for cheaper.
Titans wanted both 1sts, both 4ths and a pick next year. Titans knew jets were going to take OT.  Bill Callahan loved Lathum more than the remaining OT's. 

LB might not be the priority. One guy said not much difference between top rated (most popular) and guys that can be had later. 

Guy expects WR to be the pick if they stay at #38 (Roman Wilson), Polk. Some in the building like Walker from UNC. 

Seeing the Twitter love for Dejean. Going to ask around about the teams feel. I don't think they had a lot of contact with him. pre draft. 

I am so glad to see this.

Because it's true.  Garbage class.

Not loving their WR list though.  Wouldn't hate Wilson.  Would not be happy about Polk or Walker.

Kool-Aid would make me very happy.

17 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy:

WR has to be the pick, the drop off after the 2nd is big in my opinion. Polk has been growing on me but he’s like the WRs we already have he has no speed.. i wouldn’t mind Wilson but 38 seems rich for him.

Is love kool aid tho 

polk is a dawg and i wouldn’t be mad at all if we got him, but i would prefer a faster guy. having said that….tez walker is very much not one of those faster guys i would prefer lol.

the trade down option is going to be interesting. there’s going to be a lot of talent left at 38.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

polk is a dawg and i wouldn’t be mad at all if we got him, but i would prefer a faster guy. having said that….tez walker is very much not one of those faster guys i would prefer lol.

the trade down option is going to be interesting. there’s going to be a lot of talent left at 38.

Yea Polk is a dawg he’s just not fast at all and I’d take Franklin over Tez in a heart beat

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 10:53 PM, KingTitan said:

Some notes:

There is a growing feeling that Joe Alt will be picked before 7. 

Titans like JC Lathum. Bill Callahan really has a thing for him.
Titans think highly of Junior Colson. 
Malik Nabers is a favorite of Brian Callahan. 
TJ Tampa is someone that Wilson likes.

Other guys with some favor in the draft room:
Dominck Puni
Matt Goncalves 
Jacob Cowing

Andres Peat. Tyrus Bowers ,Kwon Alexander and Quandre Diggs have high chances of being post draft signings, depending on how the draft plays out. 
Justin Simmons wants almost 11-12 million a year. 

april 7th lol. he's still got it!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Yea Polk is a dawg he’s just not fast at all and I’d take Franklin over Tez in a heart beat

i'd be quite happy with franklin but i suspect he'll be gone by 38. bills, pats, chargers all could take WRs before we pick.

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i'd be quite happy with franklin but i suspect he'll be gone by 38. bills, pats, chargers all could take WRs before we pick.

Yea tru, I could see the pats possibly going OT tho but the bills and chargers definitely goin WR unless they trade down 

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

april 7th lol. he's still got it!

What if I said he was just guessing this whole time? and was actually like just an account that works for like some law firm. LOL 

Would people be mad? lol

I think it was Franklin that looked like he did no prep at the combine...I'm out on him(if I'm thinking of the right guy)...he looked like a guy that has always gotten by on talent. He literally messed up every drill at the combine. 

I am a Michigan fan and like Roman Wilson, but early second seems high for him...but similar to McCarthy he was n to asked to do much so hard to evaluate. He does have speed and shiftiness so could be nice in the slot. 

i gotta be honest….i still can’t quit keon coleman, despite myself lol. he’s boom/bust for sure but there’s a shot he turns into a really good d-hop replacement (stylistically- obviously the chances he’s as *good* as d-hop are slim). beyond him, franklin, and mitchell, i don’t actually see any WRs i’d love at 38. at that point unless there’s good talent at other positions on the board (dejean, newton, etc) i’d be looking to trade back and maybe look at a javon baker

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Same.  There are a lot of receivers I would like in a vacuum, but Mitchell is a head above them imo.  Obviously I don't know anything first hand about him off the field, so who knows?  If the goal is WR, I would like to see a trade down.  Mitchell, Coleman, Franklin, McConkey, and later Wilson or Burton would all be guys I'd be pretty happy with, especially if we get more picks.  Running out of draft capital where you can get an impact guy.

10 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Yea tru, I could see the pats possibly going OT tho but the bills and chargers definitely goin WR unless they trade down 

Yeah, I think a couple of receivers almost certainly go in that run, but the Pats and Commanders could very easily go OL.  And I think it's already at the point in the draft where teams are gonna have different opinions on the receivers left.

3 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

I think it was Franklin that looked like he did no prep at the combine...I'm out on him(if I'm thinking of the right guy)...he looked like a guy that has always gotten by on talent. He literally messed up every drill at the combine. 

I am a Michigan fan and like Roman Wilson, but early second seems high for him...but similar to McCarthy he was n to asked to do much so hard to evaluate. He does have speed and shiftiness so could be nice in the slot. 

Franklin's combine was not good.  At least not his drills.  But for such a lean receiver, he plays a really physical game.  And he's got speed and height out the wazoo.  I think he'd be a great fit because he needs a little seasoning, and we wouldn't need a ton out of him year 1, but with his upside, he could be a true No. 1 receiver in a year, when Nuk is gone.

I'm praaaaaying it's not a WR. I could live with Latham if they really liked him and maybe they thought of him as good value for a top 10 pick, but forcing a WR here is really not necessary, unless McConkey is still there or the Mitchell stuff is a smoke screen. Any other name and it's a big mistake IMO.  

• Like 1