From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy;

Vegas and Denver have contracted the Titans about moving up. Maybe before the  draft. 

Teams are trying to get in position for a QB. 

Obviously fit is different, contracts might be different, etc, but I wonder if at any point Denver or Tennessee considered Pat Surtain in a deal like that, given we traded for Sneed, and the rumors, at least like super early this off season, that Denver might deal him.

I haven't kept up nearly well enough with draft pick worth in recent years, but I feel like 12+Surtain might have gotten #7?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Obviously fit is different, contracts might be different, etc, but I wonder if at any point Denver or Tennessee considered Pat Surtain in a deal like that, given we traded for Sneed, and the rumors, at least like super early this off season, that Denver might deal him.

I haven't kept up nearly well enough with draft pick worth in recent years, but I feel like 12+Surtain might have gotten #7?

You think they’re in a hurry to trade the best player on their team 🥴 for an unsure unproven QB, 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

You think they’re in a hurry to trade the best player on their team 🥴 for an unsure unproven QB, 

If the reports are to be believed, yeah, they're trying to trade Surtain. If they want to move up too, not sure why using Surtain would be some outlandish idea if they already want to move him anyway.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm following Allbright who covers Denver and is pretty accurate with the vast majority of his stuff, and he seems to believe they'd very much rather be shopping Sutton, not Surtain, in case of a trade up. However, I think this is them doing their due diligence, in case they can't trade up to 4 or 5.

I'm down to trade down...and I get the thinking about taking advantage of a great offer because it might not be there come draft day...I just hate the idea of trading the 7th pick BEFORE the draft. 

IMO we should only trade 7 once we're on the clock (but acknowledge the risk there, as well)

Edited by deeluxx3

Eh, I will believe a trade into 7 before the draft when I see it and not a second before. 7 is far down enough that it’s impossible to assure that your trade target is there.

Easy for another team to jump you, or if it’s for a QB, easy for the Giants to steal your thunder.

Doesn’t make sense.

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I'm down to trade down...and I get the thinking about taking advantage of a great offer because it might not be there come draft day...I just hate the idea of trading the 7th pick BEFORE the draft. 

IMO we should only trade 7 once we're on the clock (but acknowledge the risk there, as well)

Yeah, I’d hate to trade back before the draft and a true blue chip prospect like Alt, Nabers or even the outside shot of MHJ is there at 7.

For me I’d much rather just go ahead and grab the blue chip guy than to load up on draft picks. Like you pointed out, it’s a risk to wait it out but it’s a risk I’m willing to take.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Yeah, I’d hate to trade back before the draft and a true blue chip prospect like Alt, Nabers or even the outside shot of MHJ is there at 7.

For me I’d much rather just go ahead and grab the blue chip guy than to load up on draft picks. Like you pointed out, it’s a risk to wait it out but it’s a risk I’m willing to take.

I agree on grabbing the blue chip guy. For me, a big win on draft night is grabbing one of MHJ(beyond unlikely), Alt or Nabers at 7. If none of them are avail at 7, that's when I'd be cool trading down. Although I have a feeling we love Odunze.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Eh, I will believe a trade into 7 before the draft when I see it and not a second before. 7 is far down enough that it’s impossible to assure that your trade target is there.

Easy for another team to jump you, or if it’s for a QB, easy for the Giants to steal your thunder.

Doesn’t make sense.

Exactly. Nobody's taking that chance, perhaps only if they know they have a better chance of trading up into the top 4 from 7th, but even that's risky. Obviously, teams are doing their diligence in the (unlikely) event that the board falls completely their way and they have their guy available at 7th.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

Doesn’t make sense.

I mean I don’t think it’ll happened before the draft, I thinks it’s mere talk based on how they feel the draft might play out 1-7. Like you’re basically saying 1 domino effect can change picks, but it’s typical most teams have discussions with teams peeping interest on what it will cost them to trade up. 

• Like 1

I can see the value of moving up to 7 for those teams, but if MIN moves to 2-5 then the top 4 QB's are gone...so I guess the idea would be to grab a WR or Edge. Having said that I don't believe any trade involving us happens until we are on the clock. 

Having said all of that...I would trade today for either scenario. I think doing it early helps better plan out the draft. MJH is going to be gone, Nabers is the best hope at 7 besides Alt, but I would rather have 3 of the top 50 than 2. Option to trade back one of the seconds(LV Trade) and get a third as well as keeping a second. 

I think the only way a trade happens before the draft is if one of those teams got good Intel that their guy will be there.

I think it's highly unlikely that a trade happens before the draft personally. 

I feel it's more preliminary talks about if our guy is there can we talk about getting #7 and this is what we'd trade. 

• Like 1

Nobody is trading before the draft.  Not us with them or them with us.

If a QB drops, which is doubtful but could happen with McCarthy in the mix now, we then weigh a trade with whoever is there for us.  Personally, I'd take a trade down even if Alt is there with other quality OTs available.  I think Latham might be the best OT this year at either OT.  Taking a WR is nice, but we are so desperate for a young LT we might need to pass unless Ran has some other options he likes later.  Best scenario is to trade down, still get our OT and another 2nd round pick or more.  There are other WRs we can get later since the draft is strong at WR.  

• 2 weeks later...

Some notes:

There is a growing feeling that Joe Alt will be picked before 7. 

Titans like JC Lathum. Bill Callahan really has a thing for him.
Titans think highly of Junior Colson. 
Malik Nabers is a favorite of Brian Callahan. 
TJ Tampa is someone that Wilson likes.

Other guys with some favor in the draft room:
Dominck Puni
Matt Goncalves 
Jacob Cowing

Andres Peat. Tyrus Bowers ,Kwon Alexander and Quandre Diggs have high chances of being post draft signings, depending on how the draft plays out. 
Justin Simmons wants almost 11-12 million a year. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Some notes:

There is a growing feeling that Joe Alt will be picked before 7. 

Titans like JC Lathum. Bill Callahan really has a thing for him.
Titans think highly of Junior Colson. 
Malik Nabers is a favorite of Brian Callahan. 
TJ Tampa is someone that Wilson likes.

Other guys with some favor in the draft room:
Dominck Puni
Matt Goncalves 
Jacob Cowing

Andres Peat. Tyrus Bowers ,Kwon Alexander and Quandre Diggs have high chances of being post draft signings, depending on how the draft plays out. 
Justin Simmons wants almost 11-12 million a year. 

Latham's size worries me. He trimmed 20 pounds for his pro day, but he played at 360 despite being just under 6'6 at Bama.

Bill Callahan has earned the right to not be questioned about what he likes in an offensive lineman so I wouldn't be mad if they pick him given that's who he likes, but I hope we don't see a Becton situation where struggling with his weight is a consistent issue.