From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

that's part of why i think kubiak would be an incredible choice, provided vrabel can swing it (which would be a pretty big task, given his cushy gig in denver).

it seems that the buzz around vrabel is that he could pluck a college guy for OC too, which i wouldn't hate- or perhaps the ideal scenario is lafleur plus a top-flight college QB coach who can take over as OC when lafleur bolts.

so many possibilities.....

Kubiak would be a great hire... absolutely great!!!  But all this excitement about LaFleur or Flip coming aboard with their innovative ideas leaves me feeling underwhelmed at the possibility of going elsewhere.  It's stupid, it's dumb... we're likely to not land either... and an offensive mind like Kubiak's would be great for Mariota... I gotta slow my roll... 

23 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Regarding potentially losing our OC in a year or 2, I'll just repost what I put a couple days ago.

It'd suck to lose our OC but if it were to happen that means 2 things more than likely happen. 1)We had a successful season as a team and 2)Marcus had a very good season.

If you look at the recent successful, next big thing OCs that became head coaches you'll find the team and QB success as a common theme. Here's the quick list some of the recent ones last year as coordinator...

I could keep going but I think everyone gets it at this point. It's not ideal losing a OC early but if it means a big year for the team and Mariota and the offense, I think we'd all take that. So if Vrabel or Wilks (or any defensive coach) means getting Flip or LaFleur (or any young innovative OC) but losing them in a year or 2 after a successful season, that's a risk I'm personally willing to take.

Also there's no guarantee that the OC would leave after a year or 2 anyway. We're going on year 4 of Jim Bob Cooter in Detriot and Darrell Bevell (who was the young, hot start OC at one point) never got a HC gig after 7 years in Seattle.

No doubt!  There's a lot more serious concerns or scenarios than losing an OC to a HC possibility, even as soon as 1 year.  It would mean whoever was being hired away has done a great job with us.   I said that's a concern with LaFleur... but that's a good thing... there's not much there to not like about him.  

9 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Kubiak would be a great hire... absolutely great!!!  But all this excitement about LaFleur or Flip coming aboard with their innovative ideas leaves me feeling underwhelmed at the possibility of going elsewhere.  It's stupid, it's dumb... we're likely to not land either... and an offensive mind like Kubiak's would be great for Mariota... I gotta slow my roll... 

I think one of the reasons I would be excited about Kubiak is because he appears to have shown a willingness and ability to adapt to his team strength's and also has appeared to adapt his offense to today's NFL and stay relevant. While LaFleur and Flip are the young guns who would definitely have the more innovative offenses, I think that Kubiak would be a great fit with Mariota's skillset and our offense wouldn't get stale or anything like that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

I think one of the reasons I would be excited about Kubiak is because he appears to have shown a willingness and ability to adapt to his team strength's and also has appeared to adapt his offense to today's NFL and stay relevant. While LaFleur and Flip are the young guns who would definitely have the more innovative offenses, I think that Kubiak would be a great fit with Mariota's skillset and our offense wouldn't get stale or anything like that.

Kubiak & Lafleur basically are the same their offensive Philosphy comes from the shanahan tree, granted LaFleur May have a better grasp on the passing offense, because Kyle Shanahan stared what bakes his offense more diverse than his father is that he had the privilege of learning passing concepts from John Gruden & he incorporated that in his offense. 

The Guy speaks:

Brian Callahan really impressed Vrabel and they really had a shared vision for an offense. 

The Guy expects Callahan to be named tonight or tomorrow.   

Callahan is meeting with Gruden and Jets for QB Coaching spots. His connection to Gruden goes back to Brian's father Bill.  Working in our favor is that the Vikings, Giants and Colts are only teams besides us that have OC openings. Giants and Colts, he'd be an OC in name only with Shumur and McDaniels being the chief callers there. And nothing has linked him to the Vikings. Barring an unexpected challenge....The Guy feels confident Callahan will be the OC. 

As always..take it as rumor. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy speaks:

Brian Callahan really impressed Vrabel and they really had a shared vision for an offense. 

The Guy expects Callahan to be named tonight or tomorrow.   

Callahan is meeting with Gruden and Jets for QB Coaching spots. His connection to Gruden goes back to Brian's father Bill.  Working in our favor is that the Vikings, Giants and Colts are only teams besides us that have OC openings. Giants and Colts, he'd be an OC in name only with Shumur and McDaniels being the chief callers there. And nothing has linked him to the Vikings. Barring an unexpected challenge....The Guy feels confident Callahan will be the OC. 

As always..take it as rumor. 

Bettcher turning us down makes a level of sense because not getting full control of the defense. Callahan turning us down would be a pretty painful blow.

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Bettcher turning us down makes a level of sense because not getting full control of the defense. Callahan turning us down would be a pretty painful blow.

Yeah. That would make me look sideways. Young QB and offense to mold to your liking

35 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm just thinking we might interview someone else. 

And part of me is scared it is too good a hire and Callahan chooses someone else. Lol. Gotta get broke from my defeated Titans mentality lol

We don’t want to hear it yo a$$ best to make it happen & be at the airport picking up our OC tomorrow jack ?

• Like 2