Winter Holiday Dinner plans?

ET80

Figured we're past Thanksgiving, but I'm going to need ideas and such.

Regardless of what Winter Holiday you celebrate (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, Festivus) you're more or less likely to have some sort of special dinner - and even if you don't celebrate anything, who doesn't like a good brisket recipe?

So, I've made a soft commitment for prime rib and rack of lamb for my family...

• Like 3

Everything is a bit different this year.  I believe we are doing our celebration on Christmas Eve this year, which means no meat due to the Bible or something.

So, I’m making straight seafood.  Not 100% certain on the menu yet, but likely crab nachos, scallops and shrimp two ways, lobster ravioli, and throw any excess seafood into a pasta with pesto.

It will all depend on what type of fresh seafood I can get in the days before.

Not sure on dessert yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Not sure on dessert yet.

I'll need your advice when the time comes - I was saved by pies the size of a Digornos Pizza from Sam's this year for Thanksgiving, but I do want to get in a personal creation this time.

13 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

excuse me ?
We're not even done with Day 3 of the best 4 day holiday known to man....Mr. Premature Mastication

Hush, I'm nearly done drinking my egg nog and putting up the lights...

Don't get between me and my 'nog.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I'll need your advice when the time comes - I was saved by pies the size of a Digornos Pizza from Sam's this year for Thanksgiving, but I do want to get in a personal creation this time.

I got you, but if you use them against me in the food draft 2, the house gets its cut and I get 10% of every vote you get. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

I'm doing a prime rib and smoked turkey parts. Not messing around with another whole turkey.

Unrelated to this holiday season: My dad requested an entire smoker full of cornish game hens for xmas this year. Maybe up to 20 birds, 3-5 styles, 3-5 birds per style... I told him maybe after COVID isn't raging when we can have enough people over to make it worthwhile. Seems like a birthday/summer grillout/4th of july type of meal rather than xmas, but I am intrigued. 

Assuming that they happen, probably do like normal: ham for my family, leg of lamb for the wife’s.

Think I’m braising in pineapple juice this year. Keeping it classic. Some winter spices too (anise, cinnamon, cloves, etc.).

For the lamb, probably a cumin and garlic rub, with a little rosemary and thyme.

• Like 1