Bears/Packers GDT 11-29-20

beardown3231

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Maybe because he's listening to Ted. That's my point. I've never been a FIRE TED!!! guy but at some point, you have to clean house in more ways than just the coaching staff, GM and scouts, and you sure as hell can't fire the owner. Who's the common denominator?

Exactly. This team has sucked for the majority of years that Phillips has been employed by them. And people shouldn't use the argument that he makes the McCaskeys a lot of money. The team could hire a monkey to fill Phillips' role and not much would change financially.

He was also part of the process of renovating Soldier Field into an ugly *** spaceship looking thing that has the lowest seating capacity in the NFL and reputation for one of the worst playing surfaces also. So what good has this guy done again to warrant keeping him?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'd argue it should even be closer since the defensive TD ignoree two bs so-calls.

This is true.

That being said we are still too pass happy. 

Monty had 50+ yard run....he's done for the day. In all seriousness, I agree, but I also think it's been more because of situational game play. And I would usually NEVER defend this.

Anyone been watching Ifedi at RT? How has he looked?

I haven't but I will later. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Exactly. This team has sucked for the majority of years that Phillips has been employed by them. And people shouldn't use the argument that he makes the McCaskeys a lot of money. The team could hire a monkey to fill Phillips' role and not much would change financially.

He was also part of the process of renovating Soldier Field into an ugly *** spaceship looking thing that has the lowest seating capacity in the NFL and reputation for one of the worst playing surfaces also. So what good has this guy done again to warrant keeping him?

My whole take on Ted is that yes, he's very savvy and makes the McCaskey's alot of money but  I think they could make MORE with someone else. Chicago is the 5th(?) largest market in the league and I don't think Ted has utilized that to his advantage as much as he should. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Do we actually know how much input he actually has before claiming that he's like a devil talking into George's ear? God there's such rush to judgement to start creating scenarios. 

Who said "devil?" I'm not creating a scenario. It IS the scenario. He literally is 50% of the team sitting in on interviews. He deserves blame. I didn't say he's a devil that deserves to be hung. I said he should either be fired or he should resign. I'm not sure why that's so bad and so egregious to consider. Since he's been here and involved in SOME aspects of the football operation, they have been **** and clearly new GM's and HC's aren't doing the trick

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Who said "devil?" I'm not creating a scenario. It IS the scenario. He literally is 50% of the team sitting in on interviews. He deserves blame. I didn't say he's a devil that deserves to be hung. I said he should either be fired or he should resign. I'm not sure why that's so bad and so egregious to consider. Since he's been here and involved in SOME aspects of the football operation, they have been **** and clearly new GM's and HC's aren't doing the trick

Since we're assigning blame today. In that scenario George deserves about 80 percent of it. 

4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

My whole take on Ted is that yes, he's very savvy and makes the McCaskey's alot of money but  I think they could make MORE with someone else. Chicago is the 5th(?) largest market in the league and I don't think Ted has utilized that to his advantage as much as he should. 

Theo Epstein, if he helps turn the Bears around like he did the Cubs he would basically be the King of Chicago for ever.

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

Since we're assigning blame today. In that scenario George deserves about 80 percent of it. 

Sure he does, which is why if he'd actually hire a President who knows **** about football and not god damn taxes, we can assign blame to that guy and not a f***ing CPA

I'd still like to eliminate that 20%, by the way

• Like 1

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Sure he does, which is why if he'd actually hire a President who knows **** about football and not god damn taxes, we can assign blame to that guy and not a f***ing CPA

I'd still like to eliminate that 20%, by the way

That's essentially what Pace is here for. For now. 

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

Theo Epstein, if he helps turn the Bears around like he did the Cubs he would basically be the King of Chicago for ever.

I don't follow baseball so I'll take your word for it lol. I just know that I've been calling for his head for 2 decades now and for good reason. 

• Like 1