Bears/Packers GDT 11-29-20

beardown3231

Just now, abstract_thought said:

It's not as though Mitch has a long track record of success. He may have potential to unlock but at this point he doesn't seem to have the mental ability to play QB at the NFL level.

And that may be true. I don't think so though tbh. I don't think he has ever had a real chance here with this lame duck coaching staff nor playing Foxball.

1 minute ago, Pool said:

I get what you are saying but at the same time you are kind of arguing my point for me except instead of realizing you are talking about a coaches actual job you are putting it on Trubisky. 

Yes I'm putting blame on him. He deserves blame. 

2 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

In the day to day operations of the Bears he has nothing to do with it. Not one thing. I don't care if he gets fired so long as Pace and Nagy are. They matter. 

Yes but he was still involved in the GM hiring processes for both Emery and Pace which means George likely leaned on him for input. Don't discount his clout inside this organization.

• Like 1

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

George can do with that opinion as he likes. The problem is he made the wrong hires. 

Maybe because he's listening to Ted. That's my point. I've never been a FIRE TED!!! guy but at some point, you have to clean house in more ways than just the coaching staff, GM and scouts, and you sure as hell can't fire the owner. Who's the common denominator?

Just now, GOGRIESE said:
2 minutes ago, Pool said:

I get what you are saying but at the same time you are kind of arguing my point for me except instead of realizing you are talking about a coaches actual job you are putting it on Trubisky. 

Yes I'm putting blame on him. He deserves blame. 

It's on both, Coaching, QBs, blocking, WRs,.....everyone!. No offense is this bad without plenty of blame to go around to everyone. Top to bottom. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Yes, the score should be 14-27. But i'm more curious about how the offense looks in the 3rd quarter. 

I'd argue it should even be closer since the defensive TD ignoree two bs so-calls.

That being said we are still too pass happy. 

Anyone been watching Ifedi at RT? How has he looked?

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Maybe because he's listening to Ted. That's my point. I've never been a FIRE TED!!! guy but at some point, you have to clean house in more ways than just the coaching staff, GM and scouts, and you sure as hell can't fire the owner. Who's the common denominator?

Do we actually know how much input he actually has before claiming that he's like a devil talking into George's ear? God there's such rush to judgement to start creating scenarios. 

1 minute ago, Pool said:

And that may be true. I don't think so though tbh. I don't think he has ever had a real chance here with this lame duck coaching staff nor playing Foxball.

I don't know if that's fair to say. He's been given numerous coaches and has had the job handed to him simply because of his draft stock. He's done next to nothing to earn a starting job at the NFL level.

It's not as if he was a storied college QB who the Bears ruined. He was highly inexperienced and the Bears rolled the dice on him. And the mistakes he continues to make are simply inexcusable for an NFL QB, regardless of coaching staff.