Jaguars fire GM Dave Caldwell

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Adam Peters / Robert Saleh / Mike McDaniels...that's a good trio to hire 

Yep, which ever team hires this trio is gona set themselves up well for the future 

Eric Bienemy & Joe Brady will also get HC jobs this offseason i'm sure

I've always had a soft spot for the Jags...loved their late 90's/early 2000's uniforms, Brunell was one of my favourite QB's back in the day cuz like me, he's a lefty, and i liked McCardell, Jimmy Smith, Fred Taylor, Marcus Stroud, John Henderson, etc. They've been bad too long. Hope they turn it around. 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Adam Peters / Robert Saleh / Mike McDaniels...that's a good trio to hire 

Saleh reportedly reached out to JAX/Khan last year to show his interest in the HC gig so...

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Solid choices. Any college guys you like or you wanna stick to NFL only?

Haven't dug too deep on the prospects in those ranks. I know Shaw, Mullen, Campbell, and Harbaugh could be looking/interested.

Would prefer one of the three I mentioned though.

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Yep, which ever team hires this trio is gona set themselves up well for the future 

Eric Bienemy & Joe Brady will also get HC jobs this offseason i'm sure

I've always had a soft spot for the Jags...loved their late 90's/early 2000's uniforms, Brunell was one of my favourite QB's back in the day cuz like me, he's a lefty, and i liked McCardell, Jimmy Smith, Fred Taylor, Marcus Stroud, John Henderson, etc. They've been bad too long. Hope they turn it around. 

The thing is, one of the things you worry about with defensive minded head coaches is that they will lose their OC if the offense balls out. That's probably not going to happen for a bit with McDaniels given his personal struggles, so I think that there is some built in stability there...i know that sounds a little callous, but i think it's true 

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Haven't dug too deep on the prospects in those ranks. I know Shaw, Mullen, Campbell, and Harbaugh could be looking/interested.

Would prefer one of the three I mentioned though.

🤮 to Shaw and Harbaugh, probably they other two as well. Saleh seems like a solid hire and I could see why he's a good fit. They need a QB whisperer to go with their rookie, but that could be their OC. I'm less worried than others about an OC getting hired away. Just pay the heck out of a coordinator and he'll usually stay.

53 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

My top 3 would probably be Bienimy, Brady, or Saleh (assuming McDaniel or LaFleur come along).

Brady is super intriguing but he needs at least one more season IMO to see how he adapts after other teams had a year to review his offensive scheme. The other thing I worry about is his ability to put a staff together.

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

I mean every other team is doing it. I want the Chargers to do it now as well (both GM and HC) and start the search early.

Huh? You think the Chargers don't have a good thing going? We'll swap you QBs, coaching staff, and front office for a 2027 5th round pick. 😁

19 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Huh? You think the Chargers don't have a good thing going? We'll swap you QBs, coaching staff, and front office for a 2027 5th round pick. 😁

You can have our current coaching staff and GM for free. Everything else is off the table 😂

• Like 1