GDT: Browns vs. Titans

titans0021

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Fully expect to play down to the Jags level next week and the Lions the week after. Probably go 1-1 in those two games.

It is definitely possible. We have seen enough of this team to know who they are. Defense rarely steps up. Offense is momentum roller coaster ride. They are predictably unpredictable. I am here for the highs at this point. Haha. Just please scrape out enough wins to get the division. Which I believe we will. 

9 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Everything we needed to avoid happening this game, happened. I’m not even upset or anything. Just a bad day to have a bad game.

Toss this one out the window and move on.

That's my thinking.  We slept on a good team after stomping probably our most hated AFCS rival.  Cleveland was a good run defense, and got out ahead.  We had a little bad luck at the start, and it exposed our weaknesses.  It is what it is.

Not gonna cry like it's the end of the world.  We were all doing the same after the Colts loss and we came out strong the next two weeks.

But yeah, we really, really need to name a dang DC and spend some draft capital on the DL.

Just now, KingTitan said:

Corey Davis balled out. That was nice to see.

Line wasn't great today.
Could have used Jonnu for some more speed. 

Defense......I can't state how bad this defense is. I know I say it a lot but it is just.....bad man. 

defense lost this game

it's not worth overthinking it any differently

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

At this point, they should really just stop talking to Byard. 
I know he works his butt off, watches ton of film but it's frustrating to hear him talk and read his quotes especially when he has so little positive impact on these games. 

that's the lather, rinse, repeat the defensive players have been saying to tie with Vrabel's "we gotta coach better"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

that's the lather, rinse, repeat the defensive players have been saying to tie with Vrabel's "we gotta coach better"

Yea honestly listening to players and coaches interviews are pointless. They are going to say pc coaching stuff, which is what they should do. Only time I slightly care is when they are talking about injuries. 

I’m not going even going to scream and yell or in this case type in capital letters to show how mad I am 

I’m more defeated than anything else

Titans will beat the Jags and Lions and stumble their way into the playoffs one way or another 

I’m just upset that after 3 straight 9-7 seasons that even if we go 10-6 11-5 this year that we really havnt taken a leap yet with this team

It’s crazy how much skill we have at the skill positions in Tannehill Henry Smith AJ Davis and Humphries but our O-Line is a hole without Lewan and our defense is a dumpster fire and even a dumpster fire would be offended being compared to this Titans defense 

Atleast with LT Newhouse has won a SB so he’ll probably take over at LT soon

But this defense my god we are screwed and it’s the reason yet again we aren’t SB contenders 

Too many players go missing on a weekly basis

Byard is atop the list every week 

No pass rush yet again couldn’t even tell you if Roberson played today 

Jayons injury will really hurt as we go on, couldn’t tell you what Compton did today 

Boarders finally got exposed 

If we ever get Adoree back he will help but we probably aren’t seeing him until it’s playoff time it’s starting to feel like 

Fulton is our 2nd round pick but he’s missed so much time this year between Covid and injuries I really don’t know what to expect if he actually gets activated soon

Whiffing on the 2 pass rushers we signed this year is going to cripple this team in the playoffs as well

Havnt even touched on the coaching staff I’ll make a separate post about them 

I know Vrabel is stubborn but man I just can’t believe he or anyone else doesn’t stand up and say what’s going on with the defense is unacceptable and something has to be changed 

Nevermind all the neat adjectives that go along with a defense like mean and tough and physical and what ever you call a good defense 

There’s just nothing to this defense

We don’t scheme anything good up ever

We never trick and opponent into a good coverage that causes and INT or forces a sack 

Most of the INTs we have this year we’re created on tipped balls, jump balls, or Hail Mary attempts 

When we get a sack it’s because someone worked their @ss off to beat their man to get to the QB

Very rarely do we ever draw up a nice schemed blitz that involves anyone ever 

What made today even more frustrating is it’s one thing to get carved up all game by precise passing but serious without exaggeration anyone of us could have put up Bakers numbers today because literally every TD he threw was to a wide open guy with no Titan any where near the receivers 

So how much of that is scheme and how much of that is the players?

There’s Allegedly a lot of communication issues but is that because the scheme isn’t good and it’s making it hard for the guys to play fast and not think?

Or are the players just this bad?

Byard was the best safety in the league or one of them for the last few years and now he looks like an average Joe out there 

The Landry TD today Butler is playing Zone, no one is behind him or near him, Byard started to move left and jump the route of an invisible guy then gets fooled by Bakers eyes and Landry’s wide open 

There’s no way Byard is this bad which is leading me to believe this scheme that Vrabel and Bowen are trying stinks and needs to be thrown out 

Vrabel isn’t picking up the phone to call Peas

So this season is going down the drain and we are wasting 1 season of the very short window we have to make a run at a championship 

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Wouldn’t matter unless Vrabel’s put his ego to the side and had hired a real DC.

Yea totally. I think the play calling could absolutely be better. Sometimes I watch tho and I am like I don’t know if the greatest coaching could make up for the lack of talent on d. We don’t have one dude who gets a lick of consistent pressure on d. And none of the linebackers do it anywhere consistently. Landry is ok. Dudes are getting historically wide open on this d. Idk. We have to invest hard on d this off-season. We need talent badly at every level of the d. This will be a crucial offseason. We cannot repeat what we did last offseason. The draft is going to be key.