GDT: Browns vs. Titans

titans0021

I can’t stand Mayfield so annoyed we made him look like an all star today. I slept on him. Shocked he for the most part he played well today. Time to move on though. Just need to come out next week and handle the Jags. Defense sucks. They play good enough once every 4 weeks for like a half. Just what you have to expect at this point. Let’s make the playoffs. And see if we can scare some people in it.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Everything we needed to avoid happening this game, happened. I’m not even upset or anything. Just a bad day to have a bad game.

Toss this one out the window and move on.

To me it's hard to toss this out the window.  Well you could because it's been the same issues that we have had since the jump.
This defense is just historically bad.  They can't rush. They blow coverages and simply can not stop an 3rd down to save their lives.

Now, two things that rarely happen, happened today: Henry fumbling and Not getting an 4th and short. Maybe you can throw in the Hump drop, which going back was very much a killer, if we score there who knows, but still....everything that happens after that would be unknown. 

Those are the only two things that I feel we can say went wrong that normally go right for us.
Everything else has been the normal frustrating things:
1. Arthur Smith with head scratching calls. 
2. inexcusable defense on every level.
3. Passing offense that at times is very out of sync if we are down.

1 hour ago, quiller said:

HE WAS REALLY GOOD WHEN ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS APPLY FORCE TO LOS IN RUN SUPPORT AND COVER BACKS, TE LEAKING OUT...

He is not good when expected to read and cover down field.   TAKES HIS EMOTION and DRIVE out the play...      ie. he is better target specific then reading and reacting as a cover man. IMO

You play to his strengths look how **** Lebeau used him the yr he led the league in picks. Let him roam around the field play center field & use his instincts. His confidence is dead this yr & he’s been used more in cover 2 & having to play so far off 

Borders got burned 3 times.

Once on a play action pass that lead to a big game.
Another on stop and go.
Then just on a pass play.

Each of those were big plays. 
He deserved his love early, but his magic has worn off. Teams are going to pick on him like Browns did today.