GDT: Browns vs. Titans

titans0021

The Browns just came out with the perfect strategy yesterday and the one we should use every time we play a team with a bad secondary. Just hammered us in the passing game every single time we came out in a run D look.

If teams, early in the game, stack the box and you know they don’t have the DBs to hold up, just throw it. Over and over and over. It will only help the run game long-term.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

The Browns just came out with the perfect strategy yesterday and the one we should use every time we play a team with a bad secondary. Just hammered us in the passing game every single time we came out in a run D look.

If teams, early in the game, stack the box and you know they don’t have the DBs to hold up, just throw it. Over and over and over. It will only help the run game long-term.

Agree.
I mean we have shown we can throw the ball. If he would just develop the passing game to not be sooooooooo dependent on the running game, we could actually take advantage of those things. 

I admire the "we will do what we do approach." I actually love it. 

But can scoring and keeping teams off balance with unpredictable, not stupid middle of field wildcat or routes to your OL, be part of our identity too?

11 hours ago, KingTitan said:

It's weird. 

Do we ignore the fact that we came back from 31 down? Losing 38-7 and lost by 6. 

Does the offense get credit for that?

I mean it is impressive even against a soft coverage. 

To me it tells me if we play the Browns again and Henry gets that first and he doesn't have his once a year fumble we have a chance to win the game.

22 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I barely know how to read these, but I'm guessing this is pretty good. 

Basically he has the highest EPA per play on first and second down in the NFL. EPA/play means how many points are expected to be added based on the result of a single play.

We are super explosive passing on first and second down. 

41 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

The year we finally have an offense that can put up points on anybody, we have a pathetic defense. Beyond frustrating.

Such a shame.
We've had some bad teams. We've had some horrific offenses. Painful to watch. 
However, our defenses have normally been respectable, even in the worst of years. The talent was down and things went south, but never have been so automatic in giving up play after play.

Vrabel has to se it. He has to know it can't stand. He isn't so into himself that he won't change it, right?

He may not do in season because of options, but he has to make a change after. 

6 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I barely know how to read these, but I'm guessing this is pretty good. 

It's saying his EPA per play is the best in the league(the higher on the chart you are the better your EPA) on early downs and he's in the top 10 in completion % above what's expected(the further right the better).

Edit: Just now realizing this has been addressed already. Didn't see there was a new page beyond this post lol

Edited by TitanLegend
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

No we couldn't have drafted him and there was no need.

But yeah the tackle class at TOP is nice. 
Now talk about the people at the bottom that over drafted an OT.

Also...DAMN Landry. And his our BEST guy.  smh.

Landry is just a 2nd tier pass-rusher. Much like Bud Dupree. Dupree ain’t nothing without Watt across from him and playing next to guys like Tuitt and Heyward. We need a #1 guy. We basically have a #2 level OLB and a damn good interior guy but not a great pass-rusher and that’s it. Roberson is bottom of roster at best. Jones isn’t a pass-rusher. Tart is bottom of roster although has made some plays. Poor roster construction all around. I wouldn’t be mad if went every pick this upcoming year on the front 7.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Landry is just a 2nd tier pass-rusher. Much like Bud Dupree. Dupree ain’t nothing without Watt across from him and playing next to guys like Tuitt and Heyward. We need a #1 guy. We basically have a #2 level OLB and a damn good interior guy but not a great pass-rusher and that’s it. Roberson is bottom of roster at best. Jones isn’t a pass-rusher. Tart is bottom of roster although has made some plays. Poor roster construction all around. I wouldn’t be mad if went every pick this upcoming year on the front 7.

if we lock up davis we'll have basically no needs on offense, and we have talent in the secondary. needs to be a front 7 heavy draft for sure. there's really no reason that an impact front 7 draftee and a competent defensive coordinator can't get this defense turned around and humming very quickly. but it's just hard to have a ton of faith after the total disaster that was this past offseason.

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 1