Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

The defense has been bad nobody is ignoring that. After 7 years of Carr starting, I've seen enough. We aren't going anywhere with him. There's no argument or debate, Carr is a losing QB with the Raiders. Time to change the face of the team and try something different

7 seasons and near NFL record losing is enough for me. 

Probably isn't you but everytime someone mentions Carr losing, posters point to everything around Carr and not the QB himself. It is possible he is apart of the problem of the team but not the only issue

I think because he is our QB and a RAIDER so he has many of our support because of that. Pryor SUCKED and he had many of us supporting him too. Russell is the only QB I think the whole fanbase was wanting out by the end of his time here because he was/is a loser in life and sucked as an NFL QB. Carr is a 'losing' record QB but isn't a loser person or suck on the field. If he's off the team I will wish him well except for when it's at our advantage for him to not do well. Against us or a game we need his team to lose. So he IS the Raiders starting QB and will have MY SUPPORT until that changes. Then I'll wish him luck except for when it hurts the Raiders. 🤪

With that said I 100% understand the desire to move on from Carr but until that happens, why not support the guy?  To change the things we have control over (our thoughts/spoken words) and to have the wisdom to know what we can't change. Gruden is the one in control and Mike's job is to know what he wants/needs and find the pieces that fit to Gruden's coach's schemes. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Rookie coop

lol well you brought up that Carr doesnt like to work with young / rookie WR?? 
What am i supposed to do?
Quote vets saying that he loves to work with rookies?

No ill bring up rookies who are telling a different point than the picture you are trying to paint. 
and again, ill take that actual players who are there words, over yours. 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

lol well you brought up that Carr doesnt like to work with young / rookie WR?? 
What am i supposed to do?
Quote vets saying that he loves to work with rookies?

No ill bring up rookies who are telling a different point than the picture you are trying to paint. 
and again, ill take that actual players who are there words, over yours. 

You’re right we just have to wait and see what wrs decide to stay/come into the fold and how our rookie wrs develop. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You’re right we just have to wait and see what wrs decide to stay/come into the fold and how our rookie wrs develop. 

Ill def give you Cooper though, something happened. But it wasnt until his 3rd season. So it kinda shows Carr worked with young talent, but also carr was young in his 2nd and 3rd / maybe something happened and Carr told Coop off. 
From there weonly drafted;
Andre debose Rd 7
Marcell Atemn Rd 7
Hunter Rd 5
Until Ruggs and edward this year. 

We have definitely consistently tried to add Carr with Vet talent every offseason. 
But maybe Carr didnt love working with Rookies because theyve been 7th rounder / UDFA who fans demand to see more of ala Keelan Doss, but actually just arent deserving of the snaps. 

8 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Ill def give you Cooper though, something happened. But it wasnt until his 3rd season. So it kinda shows Carr worked with young talent, but also carr was young in his 2nd and 3rd / maybe something happened and Carr told Coop off. 

They both lost trust in one another. I also don't think their personalities ever really clicked. Throws like these don't help either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

From there weonly drafted;
Andre debose Rd 7
Marcell Atemn Rd 7
Hunter Rd 5
Until Ruggs and edward this year. 

We have definitely consistently tried to add Carr with Vet talent every offseason. 
But maybe Carr didnt love working with Rookies because theyve been 7th rounder / UDFA who fans demand to see more of ala Keelan Doss, but actually just arent deserving of the snaps. 

I was saying carr currently obviously a younger carr has to deal with younger players. Last I read was cooper upset that he was open and being ignored. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2795505-jon-gruden-seems-to-rip-derek-carr-for-not-throwing-to-open-amari-cooper.amp.html

it is interesting how after Cooper we never drafted another wr that high again. Instead tried vets.

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I was saying carr currently obviously a younger carr has to deal with younger players. Last I read was cooper upset that he was open and being ignored. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2795505-jon-gruden-seems-to-rip-derek-carr-for-not-throwing-to-open-amari-cooper.amp.html

it is interesting how after Cooper we never drafted another wr that high again. Instead tried vets.

ye for sure, but after coop, we never had a realistic rookie for Carr to lean on / develop. especially with how many other WR we brought in. He had to focus on building chem with the new vets over a 7th round rookie?

Coop can be mad for being ignored, but he developed a brutal case of drops for us, especially on 3rd down. Catch the ball before you become a diva hahah. 
all in, we got a 1st out of Coop after his play really dropped off for us. Yes it sucks, but I think there is more to that story than just Carr not throwing to him. (plus why did carr stop throwing to him)

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

They both lost trust in one another. I also don't think their personalities ever really clicked. Throws like these don't help either.

so classic that the seattle one didnt draw a flag lol.
and yea they def wernt great throws, but the Seattle one, could argue Carr was throwing low to protect Coop? but coop tried to stay on his feet and got lit up? 
No idea though. 
Then Den one, Carr def got cooper killed with a bad throw

17 hours ago, G said:

I think because he is our QB and a RAIDER so he has many of our support because of that. Pryor SUCKED and he had many of us supporting him too. Russell is the only QB I think the whole fanbase was wanting out by the end of his time here because he was/is a loser in life and sucked as an NFL QB. Carr is a 'losing' record QB but isn't a loser person or suck on the field. If he's off the team I will wish him well except for when it's at our advantage for him to not do well. Against us or a game we need his team to lose. So he IS the Raiders starting QB and will have MY SUPPORT until that changes. Then I'll wish him luck except for when it hurts the Raiders. 🤪

With that said I 100% understand the desire to move on from Carr but until that happens, why not support the guy?  To change the things we have control over (our thoughts/spoken words) and to have the wisdom to know what we can't change. Gruden is the one in control and Mike's job is to know what he wants/needs and find the pieces that fit to Gruden's coach's schemes. 

Im a Raider fan 1st and foremost. I support the team getting better in the offseason. These players come and go. Im sure Carr is a nice guy and good family man but that's irrelevant when it comes to winning. Before the last 20 years this franchise was one of the all time leaders on win percentage in the NFL. We have fallen behind the times in the NFL and other organizations have passed us up with more progressive actions.

I believe we have plateau with Carr as QB. Other teams would not tolerate a 47-63 record as a starter and would have moved on

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

ye for sure, but after coop, we never had a realistic rookie for Carr to lean on / develop. especially with how many other WR we brought in. He had to focus on building chem with the new vets over a 7th round rookie?

Coop can be mad for being ignored, but he developed a brutal case of drops for us, especially on 3rd down. Catch the ball before you become a diva hahah. 
all in, we got a 1st out of Coop after his play really dropped off for us. Yes it sucks, but I think there is more to that story than just Carr not throwing to him. (plus why did carr stop throwing to him)

Yea idk interesting tho

• Like 1

The Raiders have won 2 games with Carr when he has thrown 2 ints, browns in 2018 45-42, and Den last game this season. 
and have never won when he threw 3. 

Tom brady threw 3 ints in the second half in the NFC Championship game and Won
Russell Wilson threw 4 Ints in the first half if in an NFC Championship game and won
--

I think it is clear that we cannot run a high risk O, as when we turn the ball over we lose. 

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

The Raiders have won 2 games with Carr when he has thrown 2 ints, browns in 2018 45-42, and Den last game this season. 
and have never won when he threw 3. 

Tom brady threw 3 ints in the second half in the NFC Championship game and Won
Russell Wilson threw 4 Ints in the first half if in an NFC Championship game and won
--

I think it is clear that we cannot run a high risk O, as when we turn the ball over we lose. 

Curious how many games we’ve won with carr only throwing 1 td or less. 

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Curious how many games we’ve won with carr only throwing 1 td or less. 

17 Wins Total, only 3 wins with 0 TDs. all 3 wins with 0 TDs where with Gruden (run focused). 
2014 - 1 win 
2015 - 1 win
2016 - 4 Win
2017 - 2 win
2018 - 1 win
2019 - 5 win
2020 - 3 win