Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

how much did you realistically see? A couple sideline shots during games? practice videos?
you could be right, but, I am not going to speculate on something that I barely know the details of

From what I know, Carr tried to gether the entire O this offseason to work together . . 

Talking about preseason practice videos and interviews. Never really seen a wr go out on a limb a support carr on some “t.o. That’s my qb” type sentiment. I could be wrong tho

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Talking about preseason practice videos and interviews. Never really seen a wr go out on a limb a support carr on some “t.o. That’s my qb” type sentiment. I could be wrong tho

“I’m very confident in Derek … I have the utmost confidence in Derek – everyone on the team does because he’s our leader.” 
https://heavy.com/sports/2020/04/raiders-derek-carr-rico-gafford/

https://www.raiders.com/video/james-jones-on-derek-carr-he-s-baby-a-rod-14790910

"I've seen him grow," Crabtree said of Carr. "My first year with him, last year... The guy is amazing. He's got talent. Like I said, we talk all the time on ways to get better on the field and I feel like he has taken that step, taken control of the offense, doing more managing of the game at the end and the beginning. I feel like that gunslinger, he is always going to be a gunslinger and I love that. - Crabtree

“I love him. He’s a guy that’s not afraid to call. If we have a question, he’ll come and see if we have a question before we can even think twice. So, he’s making sure that guys are on top of everything. If we want to come in early, he’s open to doing that. If we want to go to the house and try do something extra, he’s open to doing that. So, he’s a great leader, a great team guy and definitely is somebody that I can lean on for anything.” - Henry Ruggs

there is 4, I am sure I can pull up more. 
but again, just because you dont see Derek Carr coaching up Ruggs, doesnt make it not true. Or turn your eyes away when someone says something positive. 
Ill take Ruggs word over yours, Sorry. 

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

“I’m very confident in Derek … I have the utmost confidence in Derek – everyone on the team does because he’s our leader.” 
https://heavy.com/sports/2020/04/raiders-derek-carr-rico-gafford/

https://www.raiders.com/video/james-jones-on-derek-carr-he-s-baby-a-rod-14790910

"I've seen him grow," Crabtree said of Carr. "My first year with him, last year... The guy is amazing. He's got talent. Like I said, we talk all the time on ways to get better on the field and I feel like he has taken that step, taken control of the offense, doing more managing of the game at the end and the beginning. I feel like that gunslinger, he is always going to be a gunslinger and I love that. - Crabtree

“I love him. He’s a guy that’s not afraid to call. If we have a question, he’ll come and see if we have a question before we can even think twice. So, he’s making sure that guys are on top of everything. If we want to come in early, he’s open to doing that. If we want to go to the house and try do something extra, he’s open to doing that. So, he’s a great leader, a great team guy and definitely is somebody that I can lean on for anything.” - Henry Ruggs

there is 4, I am sure I can pull up more. 
but again, just because you dont see Derek Carr coaching up Ruggs, doesnt make it not true. Or turn your eyes away when someone says something positive. 
Ill take Ruggs word over yours, Sorry. 

Hey I’ll give you that good find. Props.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Hey I’ll give you that good find. Props.

lol really wasnt that hard. just typed in Ruggs on Carr, renfrow on Carr, Crabtree on Carr. 
I think it is more or less, I am willing to look before I make assumptions on Carr. 

I think others just say things to discredit Carr regardless of if they are true.

11 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

lol really wasnt that hard. just typed in Ruggs on Carr, renfrow on Carr, Crabtree on Carr. 
I think it is more or less, I am willing to look before I make assumptions on Carr. 

I think others just say things to discredit Carr regardless of if they are true.

Well ty will, Cooper didn’t really gush over carr. Rookies can’t really say what they want but good find tho

45 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Fixing the defense is going to make or break this Gruden era. Hopefully after last year and what he called "the most horrific play" of his career his urgency shifts on defense. He traded Mack, spent 2 picks on offense. He's invested heavily in offense in trades and free agency. It's been lopsided and his defense has cost him.

Bradley is going to have his work cut out for him. They need play makers at each level and leadership. And if they have to find a pass rush which is no easy fix.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I know a lot will label it as an excuse, but, I truly think Gruden and Carr know the O cannot make mistakes with our D and that is one of the reasons they play such risk averse football. 

I'm a huge fan of Carr but the other day (Fanspeak) Wilson from BYU was there at #17 and I took him. I'd be cool drafting Carr's replacement with how high QB contracts have gone the past few years. If we got an offer for Carr that gave us great value then make the trade but I wouldn't mind seeing how Carr plays with a talented rookie licking his chops behind him. I'd be open to trading Wilson and resigning Carr to a monster contract if he responded at an elite level. 

10 minutes ago, G said:

I'm a huge fan of Carr but the other day (Fanspeak) Wilson from BYU was there at #17 and I took him. I'd be cool drafting Carr's replacement with how high QB contracts have gone the past few years. If we got an offer for Carr that gave us great value then make the trade but I wouldn't mind seeing how Carr plays with a talented rookie licking his chops behind him. I'd be open to trading Wilson and resigning Carr to a monster contract if he responded at an elite level. 

Quickest way to kill Carr's trade value... spend a frp on a QB.

I think we need to move on. Carr is this teams QB, there is no viable option to upgrade him. Therefore, focus on getting better around him.

• Like 1