Patriots 2021 Free Agency

JohnCena

On 1/15/2021 at 3:34 PM, ChazStandard said:

I came in to post that Kerrigan would be a classic BB signing, an underrated veteran who his whole career on a sub-par team.

...I was going to say Kerrigan might sign for cheap to play on a contender.

Then I realised WAS and NE had the same record this year, and now I feel sad.

He's not gonna get paid that much anyways I think he has 10 sacks combined in the past 2 season, and I know he didn't play a lot this year but there's a reason for that it's not like he was injured, and plus he's going to be 33 if we wanted to bring him in we likely could. 

Although I don't see how Bill brings him in for our D-Line Bill likes size upfront and if we do bring him in he'd play OLB and usually Bill likes our OLB to have the versatility to be able play coverage unlike most other teams which Kerrigan isn't great at so idk. 

• Like 1

Another under the radar guy to look into would be John Ross .. one of those "more of an athlete than a football player" types.. 4.22 40 time which is probably one of the fastest ever recorded. 

He's battled injuries and never really developed into a major threat on the Bengals.. but I think he could be a Cordarelle Patterson type which would be really helpful to inject more speed into this offense. Gunnar is a horrendous kickoff returner.. he could help there as well as receiving / rushing change of pace type guy to keep defenses on their toes. Sign him to a cheap 1-2 year deal and let him compete for a spot on the roster. 

I wouldn't count on him because he has under performed and has an injury history.. but adding Curtis Samuel, John Ross and a top 2 round draft pick would add A LOT of speed to go around Jacoby Meyers. 

7 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Another under the radar guy to look into would be John Ross .. one of those "more of an athlete than a football player" types.. 4.22 40 time which is probably one of the fastest ever recorded. 

He's battled injuries and never really developed into a major threat on the Bengals.. but I think he could be a Cordarelle Patterson type which would be really helpful to inject more speed into this offense. Gunnar is a horrendous kickoff returner.. he could help there as well as receiving / rushing change of pace type guy to keep defenses on their toes. Sign him to a cheap 1-2 year deal and let him compete for a spot on the roster. 

I wouldn't count on him because he has under performed and has an injury history.. but adding Curtis Samuel, John Ross and a top 2 round draft pick would add A LOT of speed to go around Jacoby Meyers. 

I have a big concern with the injury problem. I'm pretty sure the injuries are leg related and he's been injured as you said for most of his career.  I would hate to give him a roster spot and see him end up getting hurt leaving the Pats short handed.

I try to stay away from players like this that you can't count on to stay healthy.  It's just like the draft, I hate it when we draft someone that has a lengthy injury history. EX  Dominique Easley

• Like 1

Who from the current crop of WRs is sticking around next season? Meyers is the only definite. Harry is still on his rookie deal, so may as well stay, but apart from that we’re looking at a total rebuild of the corps.

The sticky question is what to do with Edelman. What’s his cap hit next year?

54 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Who from the current crop of WRs is sticking around next season? Meyers is the only definite. Harry is still on his rookie deal, so may as well stay, but apart from that we’re looking at a total rebuild of the corps.

If it was me, I'd cut everyone but Meyers, but that won't happen for many reasons.   Here's two, BB doesn't spend money on WRs and he believes all players can be coached up to be effective in the Pats system.  He keeps Harry.

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

I would say only Meyers and Harry getting his final shot and doing something. 

Edelman has MAYBE one year left of decent football.. they should try to trade him for a 3rd/4th to a team who needs him. 

3 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Jules is 6M.  2.6M Dead/3.4 Saved if we move on from him.

I could almost see the Bucs calling for him if Godwin leaves.  TB12 gets the band back together for one last year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IheartMyV8 said:

You ain't kidding.  Watching solid passes bouncing off of RBs over and over... and over... and over... 

You not kidding, you left out 2 overs!😁  I don't watch TB that much but I swear Ronald Jones II runs with his eyes closed. I don't no how many time he ran up a OL back with a seam right there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, m haynes said:

You not kidding, you left out 2 overs!😁  I don't watch TB that much but I swear Ronald Jones II runs with his eyes closed. I don't no how many time he ran up a OL back with a seam right there.

He's had some really good games.  I'm wondering if his quad issue is lingering.  F'nette had some good runs.  Even Godwin... probably the most frustrating of them all.

52 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Brady sure could use James White.

White will be in Florida next season.. you can almost guarantee it. All we can hope for is that they pay enough that the Pats get a decent comp pick. Does anyone remember if they got one for Shane Vareen? I'm sure he will get a similar deal