Best Team: Packers, Bills or Browns

mdonnelly21

Best Team   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Best Team Right Now

It might be GB but which good defenses have they beaten? They have 1 impressive win on their schedule (Saints). Other than that I see a lot of expected wins (Vikings, although they lost 1, Lions, Falcons, Texans, 49ers, Panthers, Eagles, Jaguars...)

It's Buffalo. They are 9-0 without a hail mary in the final half of the season. They've beaten playoff teams too

Edited by BigTrav

6 hours ago, BigTrav said:

It might be GB but which good defenses have they beaten? They have 1 impressive win on their schedule (Saints). Other than that I see a lot of expected wins (Vikings, although they lost 1, Lions, Falcons, Texans, 49ers, Panthers, Eagles, Jaguars...)

It's Buffalo. They are 9-0 without a hail mary in the final half of the season. They've beaten playoff teams too

GB: 40, TEN: 14
BUF: 16, TEN: 42

You don't think it's impressive that GB had a net 52 point differential in a single common opponent (that was also a playoff team)?

I wasn’t aware Browns were currently in the same stratosphere as Bills or Packers. 

Bills seem more complete but I’ll take Packers for the sake of Rodgers who has won a ‘ship until someone else shows some real playoff oomph. Baker Mayfield is alright and can definitely gash you if you let the play action get guys open but he’s about 2-3 tiers below Allen and Rodgers right now and maybe is better suited to ask for their autograph than to ask to be compared to them ;) .

Browns defence was hinging on rookies and young guys who are injured and haven’t stopped the bleeding vs Packers defence is workable and (IMO) underrated, while Bills are well coached and talented on defence.

All three have good offensive lines

I don’t know how based on recent history of this season and last the Browns are anywhere near the other two.... obviously they could make this look bad in hindsight but It feels kind of unfair to compare the Browns to the Bills or Packers right now cause they’re just.... not that good right now. They’re capable of playing really well but in the AFC North they’ve still been getting beaten pretty steadily so I’m probably biased 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Can I ask why?

GB has the better QB, a much better running game, a better OL (prior to Bakh injury) and a roughly equal defense. BUF is 2 spots higher in DVOA, GB is 5 spots higher in points allowed.

Fair enough, I hadn’t gone into analytics on them just my personal feelings from my little exposure.

I think the Bills offence has more depth in the receiver core, as I don’t feel Adams differs himself over Diggs enough that it would overcome the play of guys like Beasley to give the Pack the WR edge. 

I also like the Bills defence in a way that I think they’ve played way below their potential this season so while they’re closely rated I want to give the Bills the edge because at their best I figure they would be higher ranked. But I could see the Packers too in the name of my guy Za’darius Smith.

I still would pick the Packers as the best team though right now even if Bills seem more rounded just because playoffs can be a different beast and Rodgers has gone and gotten it done while Allen is currently a question mark (not that I doubt he can play well but I’m not letting him overtake the Hall of Famer that easily).

As well im an AFC guy so there’s a potential bias there...

Just now, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Fair enough, I hadn’t gone into analytics on them just my personal feelings from my little exposure.

I think the Bills offence has more depth in the receiver core, as I don’t feel Adams differs himself over Diggs enough that it would overcome the play of guys like Beasley to give the Pack the WR edge. 

I also like the Bills defence in a way that I think they’ve played way below their potential this season so while they’re closely rated I want to give the Bills the edge because at their best I figure they would be higher ranked. But I could see the Packers too in the name of my guy Za’darius Smith.

I still would pick the Packers as the best team though right now even if Bills seem more rounded just because playoffs can be a different beast and Rodgers has gone and gotten it done while Allen is currently a question mark (not that I doubt he can play well but I’m not letting him overtake the Hall of Famer that easily).

As well im an AFC guy so there’s a potential bias there...

I think BUF and GB are fairly similar teams - definitely either is capable of winning it all (and vs each other). Biggest lean I see for BUF is special teams. BUF is really good, GB is really bad. Those plays always have the potential to turn a game's momentum and put similar-ranked units in disadvantaged positions. Honestly also expected to see BUF ranked higher in defense than they are. GB has been climbing the ranks the 2nd half of the year to make this closer, too. Definitely playing better now on that side of the ball.

I'm rooting for a BUF/GB super bowl. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

You don't think it's impressive that GB had a net 52 point differential in a single common opponent (that was also a playoff team)?

Are you actually usingTennessee as an example to a question where I asked 'what good defenses have they faced'?

....tell me you're not. 

As for that BUF game, they were in a slump. Since then they've been pretty much unstoppable. Tennessee were also coming to your ice box, which matters

Edited by BigTrav

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I think BUF and GB are fairly similar teams - definitely either is capable of winning it all (and vs each other). Biggest lean I see for BUF is special teams. BUF is really good, GB is really bad. Those plays always have the potential to turn a game's momentum and put similar-ranked units in disadvantaged positions. Honestly also expected to see BUF ranked higher in defense than they are. GB has been climbing the ranks the 2nd half of the year to make this closer, too. Definitely playing better now on that side of the ball.

I'm rooting for a BUF/GB super bowl. 

The Bills defense has gotten alot better after the first two months.

I want Bills vs Bucs. BAD. I know I'm playing with fire, but damnit I want Brady's head.

22 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

The Bills defense has gotten alot better after the first two months.

I want Bills vs Bucs. BAD. I know I'm playing with fire, but damnit I want Brady's head.

They have been getting better but they're also playing much easier offenses and theyre finally healing up. 

On 1/2/2021 at 10:32 AM, incognito_man said:

transitive property doesn't work for many reasons

I'll counter your argument with sample sizes

Bills have a SOS of 0.512 while the Packers have an SOS of only 0.428. That's huge. Bills BEAT 5 teams with 10+ wins. Packers only played 4 and went 2-2

Bills outscored opponents 168-69 in the final quarter of the year, while the Packers outscored by 130-70

Bills played one of the toughest schedules in the league and are currently the hottest team in the league.

If we want to talk about a SINGLE bad game against a GOOD team in OCTOBER then I'll counter with the Packers losing 38-10 to the Bucs

11 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

transitive property doesn't work for many reasons

I'll counter your argument with sample sizes

Bills have a SOS of 0.512 while the Packers have an SOS of only 0.428. That's huge. Bills BEAT 5 teams with 10+ wins. Packers only played 4 and went 2-2

Bills outscored opponents 168-69 in the final quarter of the year, while the Packers outscored by 130-70

Bills played one of the toughest schedules in the league and are currently the hottest team in the league.

If we want to talk about a SINGLE bad game against a GOOD team in OCTOBER then I'll counter with the Packers losing 38-10 to the Bucs

BUF had the 21st most difficult schedule by DVOA, GB had the 23rd. The schedules are a wash. My response was to someone talking about "beating playoff teams" and how he/she wasn't impressed by GB. I think BUF makes it to the SB. I don't know what you're looking for from me. I think BUF is the best team in AFC right now and GB is the best team in the NFC. And I think they're equally impressive right now.