Best Team: Packers, Bills or Browns

mdonnelly21

Best Team   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Best Team Right Now

The 9-3 Browns are a home underdog to the 7-5 Ravens. They haven't gotten (or earned, I dunno) respect yet so I don't think they shouldn't keep being included in these comparisons.

Maybe if it was Browns v Dolphins v Patriots v Raiders they would have a chance to compete in the poll.

On 12/8/2020 at 10:42 PM, Forge said:

Bills > Packers > Browns. 

I'm all in on my boy Josh Allen. 

@Forge  What are you thinking for a point spread if Packers vs Bills were on the schedule for next Sunday ?
Location doesn't seem to matter as much for 2020, but gimme your thoughts for a game played in Buffalo. thx

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

@Forge  What are you thinking for a point spread if Packers vs Bills were on the schedule for next Sunday ?
Location doesn't seem to matter as much for 2020, but gimme your thoughts for a game played in Buffalo. thx

Honestly, I feel like Bills are a dog in that scenario. Not much. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Browns are a feel good story and their fan base deserves to watch this success, but they’re not even close to the level of the Bills/Packers, both of whom are legit Super Bowl contenders.

I mean, c’mon now, they have a negative point differential while having played one of the leagues easiest schedules.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Archimedes said:

The Browns are a feel good story and their fan base deserves to watch this success, but they’re not even close to the level of the Bills/Packers, both of whom are legit Super Bowl contenders.

I mean, c’mon now, they have a negative point differential while having played one of the leagues easiest schedules.

I don't disagree that we're not on the level of those two teams, but let's just say the point differential is highly skewed by two big losses (one being week one with a brand new coaching staff and schemes going up against the Ravens in a COVID-shortened offseason) AND the fact that we took our foot off the breaks in games where we had big leads and let other teams score some points just in an effort to burn some clock. Games vs. the Eagles and Bengals, IIRC, both scored with like a minute or less left on the clock when they were down multiple scores. Nick Chubb vs. the Texans literally stepped out of bounds at the one just to end the game when we could have won that game by 10 instead of 3. The Titans and Cowboys scored in bunches to make the score closer, but I don't think anyone who watched those games would deny that the Browns were thoroughly the better team in those games despite the somewhat close scores.

Like I said, I agree we're not as good as those teams, but there's reasons why our point differential is vastly skewed.

7 hours ago, Archimedes said:

They're improving, though, and if Baker continues playing like a top-10 QB then they're legit. I actually think the Browns would give Buffalo fits. Allen is prone to an off game every now and then, and the Browns offense would put Buffalo's defense on their heels since they have so many different ways of attacking now that Baker is playing well. I think they're a very strong team. 

They def have to prove they belong, though. They've beaten a couple of good teams in the Titans and Colts, but they've also barely beaten some trash teams like the Jags, Texans, Eagles, etc...Still, they're heating up at the right moment. If the defense can play consistent- they could make some noise. 

26 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

They're improving, though, and if Baker continues playing like a top-10 QB then they're legit. I actually think the Browns would give Buffalo fits. Allen is prone to an off game every now and then, and the Browns offense would put Buffalo's defense on their heels since they have so many different ways of attacking now that Baker is playing well. I think they're a very strong team. 

They def have to prove they belong, though. They've beaten a couple of good teams in the Titans and Colts, but they've also barely beaten some trash teams like the Jags, Texans, Eagles, etc...Still, they're heating up at the right moment. If the defense can play consistent- they could make some noise. 

And Allen has played like a top 5 QB this season. He’s arguably been the 3rd best QB this year after Rodgers and Mahomes. If the Browns path to success over the Bills relies on Allen playing below his typical level this year, that tells you about the difference between those teams. They’re a mid-tier team who’s been able to bubble up because of the schedule. Nothing wrong with that, but I think they’re the weakest playoff team in the AFC.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I don't disagree that we're not on the level of those two teams, but let's just say the point differential is highly skewed by two big losses (one being week one with a brand new coaching staff and schemes going up against the Ravens in a COVID-shortened offseason) AND the fact that we took our foot off the breaks in games where we had big leads and let other teams score some points just in an effort to burn some clock. Games vs. the Eagles and Bengals, IIRC, both scored with like a minute or less left on the clock when they were down multiple scores. Nick Chubb vs. the Texans literally stepped out of bounds at the one just to end the game when we could have won that game by 10 instead of 3. The Titans and Cowboys scored in bunches to make the score closer, but I don't think anyone who watched those games would deny that the Browns were thoroughly the better team in those games despite the somewhat close scores.

Like I said, I agree we're not as good as those teams, but there's reasons why our point differential is vastly skewed.

That’s fine.

You could improve your point differential by 40 and you’d still be below every team that’s currently holding a playoff spot in the AFC, as well as the Ravens.

And you’d still be over 20 points behind the playoff team that has the worst point differential.

And that’s having played a very easy schedule.

I’ll be extremely happy for you guys if you end up making noise in the playoffs and prove me wrong. I don’t think any other fan base has in the NFL has earned it more. But I certainly wouldn’t bet any money on y’all to win a playoff game.

Edited by Archimedes

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

but they've also barely beaten some trash teams like the Jags, Texans, Eagles, etc..

On the scoreboard, sure. Jags were gifted their last score to make it look close. Eagles scored a TD with 30 seconds left to make it look close (5 points). Browns could have won by 10 vs the Texans in a windstorm and still the Texans were down 10 when they last got the ball so they never had the ball with a chance to tie/win.

Titans and Cowboys scoreboard looks close too, but there was never a threat.

The Browns have done a great job of not losing to teams they shouldn't lose to. The Raiders got us in another bad weather game when we were without Chubb but we dropped 2 TD passes that could have been the difference in that game.

Browns defense could give up 30 points to any offense so as a team they aren't great. They are however a threat because they can score with anyone if their running or passing game gets going. If both are working they are downright scary on offense.

• Like 1