The Ga❌e has been canceled

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Lol it’s because we both know what OSU is. I’ve lived in Columbus my entire life. If you think the football team is corrupt, I could tell you stories about the university that would appall you.

lol feel ya. That's any big business baby. There is no morality in money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t think you did anything wrong.

It’s just reality. OSU is the “dumb jock” school compared to other Big 10 schools. It’s like USC in the PAC 12. Unfortunately they’re the money makers and will be given special treatment.

Absolutely. That's on the B1G more than it is Ohio State. My issue has been about the principle in this whole situation and I've mentioned it several times. Nothing to do with Ohio State as a program or team. Nobody is dumb enough to think they aren't the crop of the conference and nobody has pretended they aren't. It's the predictability that came with it and the entire laughingstock the conference just made themselves if they don't stand on their rules. It's a sideshow during a sideshow year. Somehow this automatically became about Ohio State because they are the benefactor in the entire thing but they aren't the ones that made the rules/pretended to care about health and safety.

• Like 1

I’m not going to BS you guys on here. I personally knew Mike Adams, Jake Stoneburner, and Leveon Bell. I know how the game is played at OSU.

I love watching OSU football. They’re 2nd behind the Browns for me and it’s a distant 2nd as crazy as that sounds.

I think for me, it doesn’t bother me at a personal level because I’m not a diehard college sports fan in general. This is delusional on my part, but the NFL is the closest to being “clean.” Your team has the most honest chance in the NFL compared to ANY sport.

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't know, fellas. I'm sorry if I pissed y'all off for whatever reason but my issue is with the bull**** being pulled by the B1G and how predictable it all was. Just a bad look

That’s literally 100% of my problem and has been since July. Go back and re-read, especially given that we were playing HS athletics with proper protocols all fall. See: Almost every Covid related post I’ve made.

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Everyone is delusional if they think any program is clean lol. My buddy who played at MSU has told me all kinds of stories about that place and what he was and wasn't able to get away w/.

Former D2 athlete here. Our program had its own skeletons, and we were Saints compared to everyone else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

If that was the case, they would've made the minimum 4 games, not 6. Try again.

OSU should forfeit against Michigan this week, that way they get to 5-1 and have the head to head win vs Indiana for the tiebreaker, because somehow not playing a game is worse than losing by this brilliant rule criteria.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That’s literally 100% of my problem and has been since July. Go back and re-read, especially given that we were playing HS athletics with proper protocols all fall. See: Almost every Covid related post I’ve made.

My issue was never you tho. You made it about you. I was never arguing YOUR stance. I don't know why that's so hard to understand. 

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

My issue was never you tho. You made it about you. I was never arguing YOUR stance. I don't know why that's so hard to understand. 

Maybe it was the direct quotes and questioning what I’m saying. That’s probably part of the disconnect.

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Former D2 athlete here. Our program had its own skeletons, and we were Saints compared to everyone else. 

Don't deny it. This is why I find it silly when people stick their noses up to schools that come out w/ "scandals". Everyone is doing the same thing, people should just put their noses back down and realize they should be laughing b/c the school got busted instead of thinking their school is some prestigious organization.... b/c it's not.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Don't deny it. This is why I find it silly when people stick their noses up to schools that come out w/ "scandals". Everyone is doing the same thing, people should just put their noses back down and realize they should be laughing b/c the school got busted instead of thinking their school is some prestigious organization.... b/c it's not.

Oh yeah. D1 football is the king of corrupt and absolutely a joke. Actually, Basketball is probably as bad if not worse.

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t think you did anything wrong.

It’s just reality. OSU is the “dumb jock” school compared to other Big 10 schools. It’s like USC in the PAC 12. Unfortunately they’re the money makers and will be given special treatment.

Idk if I would call them the dumb jock. I think out of the conference they are the 5th best academic school tied with Purdue. Northwestern, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Illinois were ranked higher than them. With NW and Mich being the only schools ranked in the top25 of all colleges. Wisky, Illinois, Ohio State, and Purdue were ranked 42nd-53th, so pretty close. Also does Michigan get to tout their academics, when there was a story a few years ago talking about how about 60 or so guys were taking general studies as their major. I believe Urbz had a poster made up that talked about the majors the players on both teams were in. Supporting the rumor that Michigan football players are told to take easier majors. Harbs called the program out in '07, saying he knew the program was steering their players into softer majors.

Hell I think USC is top 1/3 of the academic rankings compared to the PAC12 schools, only behind Stanford, UCLA, and Cal

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1