2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

8 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Since he came off the juice? You mean when he showed up on the raiders practice squad a week after he got reinstated and he was only active for two games because he wasn’t in shape because he didn’t have an off-season? Oh I see

The funny thing everything you just said about Irving you can say about Rankins(Two years removed from his impact year). The difference is Rankins wasn’t suspended an actually played so we can see that Rankins hasn’t been good since the eight sack year.  And remember this is on the Saints defensive line that includes two other first round guys and some back up they had 13 sacks last year and just got paid. Each of these last year’s 1.5 sacks and 2 sacks how does that help us. Malik Collins had 4 sacks the year we signed him to a prove it deal lol

Sure he was a first round pick but if you compare their measurable’s and athleticism David Irving was actually better. 
Sheldon Rankins

height 6-2(not that it matters)

weight 305

40:5.03

vert 34

3-cone:7.44

arm length:33

David Irving

height 6-7(not that it matters)

Weight 290

40: 4.84

vert 38

3-Cone 7.27

arm length:35

So where do you get that Rankins is more talented? The best part is David Irving comes at the veteran minimum.

and if we’re doing the quote thing...

“IN HIS LAST 13-GAMES PLAYED, IRVING COLLECTED 11 SACKS AND 13 TACKLES FOR LOSS. ON A PER-SNAP BASIS, THE 6-FOOT-7, 290LB LINEMAN WAS ONE OF THE MOST IMPACTFUL PLAYERS IN THE NFL.”

And yes I did watch film Rankins(I don’t comment on a player unless I do ) but by the looks of what you’re saying  I bet you’ve never watched the David Irving film. I’m sure this is all new info to you. Here’s some film to ponder..

You do understand how PED's work correct?  The guy has done nothing since the 2017 where he was busted for PED's.  If you don't PED's enhanced his game in 2017 then you have no clue how PED's work.  

Let's talk about talent.  One guy was a top 12 pick in the NFL draft and the other was an undrafted FA, clearly there is a perceived talent gap by NFL GM's.

Rankins has been hampered by injuries and Irving is a quitter who cheated to get ahead.  He was on our practice squad last season and did nothing for us in terms of production.  That is on a team with arguably the leagues worst interior pass rush.  If he would have had any impact he would have seen the field and produced, which he did not. 

If you're confidant with Irving as our starting 3T going into the season you literally have zero clue what you're talking about.  I wan't to take a chance on Rankins a 26 year old former 12th overall pick who produced like a stud his last healthy season.  I am not saying break the bank for him but a 2 year 16 million dollar deal for a 26 year old former top 15 pick at a major area of need is well worth the risk.

You wan't to go into the season starting a guy who's only productive season was a PED enhanced 2017 season, quit football, has done zero since he quit, is on a team that needed any type of spark from the interior DL last season and barely saw the field.  Got it.... 

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You do understand how PED's work correct?  The guy has done nothing since the 2017 where he was busted for PED's.  If you don't PED's enhanced his game in 2017 then you have no clue how PED's work.  

Let's talk about talent.  One guy was a top 12 pick in the NFL draft and the other was an undrafted FA, clearly there is a perceived talent gap by NFL GM's.

Rankins has been hampered by injuries and Irving is a quitter who cheated to get ahead.  He was on our practice squad last season and did nothing for us in terms of production.  That is on a team with arguably the leagues worst interior pass rush.  If he would have had any impact he would have seen the field and produced, which he did not. 

If you're confidant with Irving as our starting 3T going into the season you literally have zero clue what you're talking about.  I wan't to take a chance on Rankins a 26 year old former 12th overall pick who produced like a stud his last healthy season.  I am not saying break the bank for him but a 2 year 16 million dollar deal for a 26 year old former top 15 pick at a major area of need is well worth the risk.

You wan't to go into the season starting a guy who's only productive season was a PED enhanced 2017 season, quit football, has done zero since he quit, is on a team that needed any type of spark from the interior DL last season and barely saw the field.  Got it.... 

LOL so what I’m hearing let’s ignore the measurable‘s film and statistics and chalk it all up to PED? Correct? 

LOL then you defend yourself position by using their draft status. Your response to film is draft status(Think about that alone). 

I don’t mean disrespect but you gotta come better than that.

I’m sure you know how talented players go I drafted because of suspensions for marijuana abuse.

And I think it’s pretty well documented that the reason why he didn’t  was because of marijuana use(which is a non-issue now for obvious reasons)not because of a PED. and of course he Explained why it was PED was on a technicality but of course you’re not gonna acknowledge that part because You need it in order to make your point because again nothing you’re saying is backed up by film or Proof of superior athleticism outside of draft status. 

4 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Wasn't he just smoking weed though? Pretty sure that's not enhancing **** when it comes to playing sport.

here is the situation with that 

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/26/dallas-cowboys-david-irving-ped-suspension-explanation/

The main issue that he had and the reason why he retired is because he like to smoke weed in the NFL didn’t allow that at the time. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Wasn't he just smoking weed though? Pretty sure that's not enhancing **** when it comes to playing sport.

His first suspension was PEDs. 4 games.

His second suspension was for weed. 4 games. 

His third was a tentatively indefinite suspension. No chance it was just weed that time. I don't recall them ever releasing the details, but whatever he got popped for, they skipped the extra steps right to an indefinite ban. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

LOL so what I’m hearing let’s ignore the measurable‘s film and statistics and chalk it all up to PED? Correct? 

LOL then you defend yourself position by using their draft status. Your response to film is draft status(Think about that alone). 

I don’t mean disrespect but you gotta come better than that.

I’m sure you know how talented players go I drafted because of suspensions for marijuana abuse.

And I think it’s pretty well documented that the reason why he didn’t  was because of marijuana use(which is a non-issue now for obvious reasons)not because of a PED. and of course he Explained why it was PED was on a technicality but of course you’re not gonna acknowledge that part because You need it in order to make your point because again nothing you’re saying is backed up by film or Proof of superior athleticism outside of draft status. 

I don't have hours to sit here and debate you on film.  

Yes, I am chalking his 2017 season up to PED use, the guy has done zero since then and you're confidant with him going into the season as our starting 3T?  You seriously have no clue what you're talking about.  Literally zero. 

The guy got caught juicing and came up with some lame excuse as to why he had elevated testosterone levels just like every cheater who has ever been caught and you believe him.  Come on man....

Once again if you're banking on Irving being an impact 3T based off of a juiced out 2017 season and cherry picked stats you have to be one of the most optimistic people this world has ever seen.  I bet you walk around all day and view the world like you're in an Enya video LOL 

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

His first suspension was PEDs. 4 games.

His second suspension was for weed. 4 games. 

His third was a tentatively indefinite suspension. No chance it was just weed that time. I don't recall them ever releasing the details, but whatever he got popped for, they skipped the extra steps right to an indefinite ban. 

Exactly right.  This guy has zero clue what he is talking about and just spews nonsense. 

According to this guy we have no need to go after a 3T we have David Irving hahahahah

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I don't have hours to sit here and debate you on film.  

Yes, I am chalking his 2017 season up to PED use, the guy has done zero since then and you're confidant with him going into the season as our starting 3T?  You seriously have no clue what you're talking about.  Literally zero. 

The guy got caught juicing and came up with some lame excuse as to why he had elevated testosterone levels just like every cheater who has ever been caught and you believe him.  Come on man....

Once again if you're banking on Irving being an impact 3T based off of a juiced out 2017 season and cherry picked stats you have to be one of the most optimistic people this world has ever seen.  I bet you walk around all day and view the world like you're in an Enya video LOL 

He’s played three games since then two of those games were after retirement one of those games he had a sack in lol. 

Well the I did was I looked at his film(it might be a good idea for you to look at the film also)and said “Hey The last time he had an off-season he was really good” 

Yeah I’m going to believe the guy with all of those measurable‘s and film like that of course. 

and for the record I’ve been pretty vocal about saying we should probably draft a defense of tackle either day one or two(preferably 2) i’ve just also made it very clear that based on the film from the last time he played He has the ability  to be the starting three technique on this team Also. I never said don’t draft anybody.

But again as I stated before the problem is when you don’t watch film, you have to resort to citing draft status and contradictory arguments(like when you said he hadn’t done anything for two years because he was retired when Rankins hasn’t done anything and didn’t retire)for why a player is better. 

you don’t need hours just watch film I think each of the videos I sent you were about 15 minutes each that’s about 30 minutes tops.

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's also the same excuse we've heard for years. Cut guys for cap space! Sign a remedial player we can easily ditch for cap space! Cap space! Cap space! We all scream for cap space!

And then we sign Carl Nassib, Jason Witten, Jeff Heath, and a plethora of other replacement level talent to bloated contracts and do objectively dumb crap like making Mariota the highest paid backup in the league with a virtually untradable contract. 

Meanwhile, we got the Saints down there in New Orleans proving time and time again that there's plenty of wiggle room when you have a franchise that knows what the hell it's doing. 

We're run by amateurs. Not just poor scouts and bad luck, but actual jokes who get fleeced by FAs and trades more frequently than Gruden says "c'mon man!". 

I'm really shocked at the amount of blind sheepish faith and denialism going on. I guess that's the stage of grief we're now in though.

Saints haven’t won in awhile, are in cap hell and have no QB. Not sure that’s the model we’re after. We also beat that powerhouse with all our jokesters last year. 

Edited by Geezy

18 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

He’s played three games since then two of those games were after retirement one of those games he had a sack in lol. 

Well the I did was I looked at his film(it might be a good idea for you to look at the film also)and said “Hey The last time he had an off-season he was really good” 

Yeah I’m going to believe the guy with all of those measurable‘s and film like that of course. 

and for the record I’ve been pretty vocal about saying we should probably draft a defense of tackle either day one or two(preferably 2) i’ve just also made it very clear that based on the film from the last time he played He has the ability  to be the starting three technique on this team Also. I never said don’t draft anybody.

But again as I stated before the problem is when you don’t watch film, you have to resort to citing draft status and contradictory arguments(like when you said he hadn’t done anything for two years because he was retired when Rankins hasn’t done anything and didn’t retire)for why a player is better. 

you don’t need hours just watch film I think each of the videos I sent you were about 15 minutes each that’s about 30 minutes tops.

Nothing to see here boys, we're all set at 3T going into the season because this guy has a few cut up's of juiced out player who had 7 sacks in 2017, quit football after he was busted has come back and couldn't even crack the starting lineup on a team that may have the worst interior DL in football.  Good thing you're a couch GM and not the real thing....

Do you even understand what PED's are and no I am not going to explain them to you? LOL

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I think you are forgetting how poorly Carr plays without protection which is why they spent so heavily on the Oline to start with. If you can't protect Derek, everything falls apart quickly for your offense. Remember 2018?

There’s still plenty time left to put together a solid unit. I know you’re an advocate of drafting and developing right? That’s what the good teams do. We got James and Simpson waiting in the wings and we still are in the mix with Gabe, Richie and Good. Sign one of them and draft a RT. 

Cable did a great job with Miller, who you were very hard on. Why can’t he do the same with guys like James and Simpson? I’m not as worried as most. I know Gruden values offense and we’re not going to be rolling out Lester Cotton Sr. Next season. 

A lot of people were dogging Gruden for needing to spend on his high priced offense to be successful. Now we’re going the cheaper route, and guys are losing their minds. I’ll wait till the process plays out before I rush to judgement. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

You know the 3 of our offensive lineman from last year haven’t been signed by other teams yet right among other players at the same position that may be better right?

We spend on OL, it’s a problem. We try a more frugal approach it’s a problem lol i don’t get it. Richie and TB didn’t play last year, Rod is a stud but OC isn’t a premier position you should be spending $13m on, and everyone has wanted to get rid of Gabe for years. Comical.