Week 15: NYJ vs LA Rams

Bobby816

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Rams thought we were pushovers but Donald was still in the backfield a ton, he just missed a lot of sacks. 

Donald is always in the opposing backfield.  He could probably justify getting and RB salary as well.  But did you notice that he only got in the backfield when he moved to the right side?  Becton and Elflein kept him out.

Edited by xrade

26 minutes ago, xrade said:

Donald is always in the opposing backfield.  He could probably justify getting and RB salary as well.  But did you notice that he only got in the backfield when he moved to the right side?  Becton and Elflein kept him out.

Yeah definitely, Becton is the immovable object if the phrase were a person and Elflien is so much better than Lewis who’s average at best. I think the left side is locked up for the foreseeable future. 

34 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah definitely, Becton is the immovable object if the phrase were a person and Elflien is so much better than Lewis who’s average at best. I think the left side is locked up for the foreseeable future. 

Agree, but what makes Becton even more amazing is how well he moves his feet for such a large man.  I also love the way he simply slides with the pass rusher trying to go around him, especially when the pass rusher is playing wide-9.  He just casually slides with the defender without lunging or running out to chase him.  He looks like a 5 year all-pro vet in that regard.  I loved when he blocked Brockers 5 yards down the field and on another player got Brockers on the ground.  That is a 6'5" 305 pound all-pro D lineman.  Becton and Elflein seem to have formed some kind of simpatico in a very short time.  I think I read somewhere that Fant also allowed zero pressures on Sunday.

Get a top iOL in FA and draft iOL on day three to compete with the incumbent and I say we are set for next year at least.  In subsequent years we can add as needed via any route.

29 minutes ago, xrade said:

Agree, but what makes Becton even more amazing is how well he moves his feet for such a large man.  I also love the way he simply slides with the pass rusher trying to go around him, especially when the pass rusher is playing wide-9.  He just casually slides with the defender without lunging or running out to chase him.  He looks like a 5 year all-pro vet in that regard.  I loved when he blocked Brockers 5 yards down the field and on another player got Brockers on the ground.  That is a 6'5" 305 pound all-pro D lineman.  Becton and Elflein seem to have formed some kind of simpatico in a very short time.  I think I read somewhere that Fant also allowed zero pressures on Sunday.

Get a top iOL in FA and draft iOL on day three to compete with the incumbent and I say we are set for next year at least.  In subsequent years we can add as needed via any route.

I wish they’d play Clark to see what he has. I think McGovern is solid and giving the OL some more time to gel will be huge. 

It took me until Tuesday to get over this disaster. Now I am just resigned to the fact we are going to continue to be irrelevant for the foreseeable future. Our two best players for the next few seasons will be our left offensive tackle and our stud defensive tackle. 14 will continue to be under center, and the idiot might even find a way to save his job. 

I had a really bad feeling after he fired Gregg Williams that he had too much power, and now he has a victory over the Rams on the road. That just might be enough to satisfy our ridiculous owners.

Lawrence is going to look good in Black, white, gold and teal. 

<<Expletive>>.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

but sacks are overrated blah blah blah....perfect example of why they are NOT. 

Oddly enough he got his hands on Sam multiple times but Darnold broke the sacks. I mean this kid goes down when 3rd string DL hit him but the day he’s facing the best interior D-Linemen since Reggie White he’s got grease on his jersey. 

11 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Oddly enough he got his hands on Sam multiple times but Darnold broke the sacks. I mean this kid goes down when 3rd string DL hit him but the day he’s facing the best interior D-Linemen since Reggie White he’s got grease on his jersey. 

Yeah for real. I'll give him credit when its due and he did a terrific job staying upright all game, but its going to cost us the best QB prospect we ever could of had.