Where does Tannehill and Henry rank among all time QB/RB combo seasons?

TitanLegend

Tannehill: 286/430, 3,482, 8.0ypa, 31td, 5int

Henry: 321 carries, 1,679 yards, 5.2 ypc, 15td, 1 fumble(1 lost)

With 2 games still remaining. How many QB/RB duos in history can compare to this, and where does it rank all time?

Off the top of my head, Manning/James, Warner/Faulk, Aikman/Smith and duos like that come to mind, but curious what fans of different teams who have seen other top seasons think overall.

I had to double take at that Tannehill stat line, it's crazy how good he's been in Tennessee after we saw what, 50 games of him looking like a solid NFL QB at best? Certainly never looked like a great QB there but his numbers over the past 1.5 season are top 5. How does Gase have a job again?

Right off the bat Warner-Faulk 99 & 01 were certainly better combos. Warner was the MVP in each of those seasons, while Faulk put up 2400 YFS w/ 12 TDs in 99, 2100 YFS w/ 21 TDs in 14 games in 01. 04 Manning/James you had an all time QB season w/ James as a 1st team all-pro. So no higher than #4. I think I'd give this duo edge over Aikman/Smith though.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I had to double take at that Tannehill stat line, it's crazy how good he's been in Tennessee after we saw what, 50 games of him looking like a solid NFL QB at best? Certainly never looked like a great QB there but his numbers over the past 1.5 season are top 5. How does Gase have a job again?

Right off the bat Warner-Faulk 99 & 01 were certainly better combos. Warner was the MVP in each of those seasons, while Faulk put up 2400 YFS w/ 12 TDs in 99, 2100 YFS w/ 21 TDs in 14 games in 01. 04 Manning/James you had an all time QB season w/ James as a 1st team all-pro. So no higher than #4. I think I'd give this duo edge over Aikman/Smith though.

I always saw it. Was severely limited by the supporting cast in Miami.

• Like 1

1981 San Diego Chargers are up there with Fouts/Muncie. 

Dan Fouts:

- 360/609, 4802 passing yards (led NFL)

-33 passing TDS (led NFL), 17INTS, 

- 59.1%

- 300.1 YPG (led NFL)

- 7.43 N Y/A (led NFL)

- Only sacked 19 times for a 3% sack rate. Remarkable with the amount of passes thrown. 

Chuck Muncie:

- 1,114 rushing yards

- 19 rushing TDS (led NFL)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 5:10 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Beat me to it. Honestly not to minimize what these guys have done but in the 90s and 2000s we had some pretty beastly QB/RB duos.

Just some that come off the top of my head:

Jim Kelly/Thurman Thomas

Elway/Terrell Davis

Trent Green/Priest Holmes

Philip Rivers/Ladanian Tomlinson

then there’s the three duos you mentioned...

From just this past decade, you had Brees/Kamara and Roethlisbeger/Bell with some fantastic seasons.

If we’re talking all time, I’d likely rank it top 10 to 20ish. That’s just a lot of history to compete with. If we get specific and isolate to the past decade, they’re probably a top 5 duo I’d think.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 10:10 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Manning/James had like 3 or four years that were better than Tannehil/Henry this year imo.