Week 16: VIKINGS (6-8) at Saints (10-4)

swede700

Game 15

When: 4:30 PM EST December 25th

Where: Mercedes-Benz Superdome (New Orleans, LA)

TV/Radio: FOX, NFL Network, Amazon (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers: TBD

Coverage Map: National

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Saints - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

2 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Any chance the Vikings start to rest starters? Only a 4% chance of making the playoffs. More of a chance that Kirk or Cook end up getting seriously hurt.

I didn’t think teams rested starters if the season is lost. Except for minor injuries, those guys usually get shutdown, I’d assume they’d all play if healthy. Especially with bonuses on the line for some.

Edited by vikingsrule

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

There is no reason for Cook to play the rest of the year. Nor Cousins, but they both will......

Certainly don't want to see Sean Mannion out there. And while Cook probably won't catch Henry, he still has the motivation to try.

25 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Certainly don't want to see Sean Mannion out there. And while Cook probably won't catch Henry, he still has the motivation to try.

It would be bad to have a starter seriously injured in a meaningless game.  The Saints are going to be motivated to try and improve their playoff position as well as a little payback for the way the Vikings beat them in the playoffs in 2017 and 2019.  I'm all for giving the Saints a hollow victory on that last point.

16 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

It would be bad to have a starter seriously injured in a meaningless game.  The Saints are going to be motivated to try and improve their playoff position as well as a little payback for the way the Vikings beat them in the playoffs in 2017 and 2019.  I'm all for giving the Saints a hollow victory on that last point.

I can't do that...I can't give Sean Payton anything.  In fact, I'm all for having some player "inadvertently" run into him on the sideline.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1