Who are the top 10 QB’s?

bigbadbuff

On 12/29/2020 at 3:28 PM, BigTrav said:

Prescott, Herbert and Carr are better than Murray IMO. Murray gets pumped up.

I think you could argue Murray over Carr, but Prescott and Herbert are easily better than Murray right now. I've said a few times that Murray might be the most overrated QB in the league right now.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

The Ravens spend the highest amount of cap space on defence vs the lowest amount on offence. 

The Ravens still have had very high level offence output the last two seasons in spite of that division of spending. 

There are few (if any) other teams whose offensive philosophy seems to just be “QB1 do something amazing!” 

And I see very little “pumping” of Lamar on FF tbh. Most of my discussions about him on this site amount to saying “he actually can throw just fine” against a wave of bias.

Because the offense is young and the defense is experienced. Once Lamar signs his second contract, along with Andrews followed by Marquise, Dobbins, etc... and Campbell is off the books along with some other high priced defenders then the offense will have a higher salary than the defense. The Ravens will have to draft to replace defenders while paying their offensive veterans and then it will be the opposite of what it is now.

Ravens have a top 5 TE and good depth there. A good RB stable. A top LT and a good RT that might need replaced if he gets his wish. A respected FB. Who knows with the receivers, sometimes they are open and the ball doesn't get there. Sometimes the ball gets there and they drop it. A lot of inconsistencies and I don't know if it's because of the QB, WR's or just how it plays out when you don't know if you should block for your QB or keep trying to get open.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 11:40 AM, Thomas5737 said:

Because the offense is young and the defense is experienced. Once Lamar signs his second contract, along with Andrews followed by Marquise, Dobbins, etc... and Campbell is off the books along with some other high priced defenders then the offense will have a higher salary than the defense. The Ravens will have to draft to replace defenders while paying their offensive veterans and then it will be the opposite of what it is now.

Ravens have a top 5 TE and good depth there. A good RB stable. A top LT and a good RT that might need replaced if he gets his wish. A respected FB. Who knows with the receivers, sometimes they are open and the ball doesn't get there. Sometimes the ball gets there and they drop it. A lot of inconsistencies and I don't know if it's because of the QB, WR's or just how it plays out when you don't know if you should block for your QB or keep trying to get open.

This is exactly why they practice, I don't know man, this sounds like a lot of excuses TBH.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This is exactly why they practice, I don't know man, this sounds like a lot of excuses TBH.

the real cause of Lamar's "regression" is because our offensive line went from elite to horrible in one season. He will set it on fire again if the Ravens bring in a good guard or center 

27 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

the real cause of Lamar's "regression" is because our offensive line went from elite to horrible in one season. He will set it on fire again if the Ravens bring in a good guard or center 

Your offensive line was better than the Texans by a nice margin yet Deshaun Watson took his game to another level and had his best year to date, sorry, I don't buy that....

30 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Your offensive line was better than the Texans by a nice margin yet Deshaun Watson took his game to another level and had his best year to date, sorry, I don't buy that....

When you're throwing against prevent defence from the second drive of the game onwards you're going to get a lot of volume stats. 

Watson wasn't better his fantasy points were just higher. Watson's track record of great play means he would have to have won more than 4 games last year if he'd actually elevated it, because we know how good he can be. 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

"Regression" for Lamar meant putting up 30+ touchdowns, serving as the linchpin for the 4th best rushing offense of all time, and dragging us to the playoffs while getting COVID, playing with mediocre weapons and losing his best offensive linemen 5 games into the year. Fair to say it was a step back from his MVP season but not a dropoff that raises huge red flags. If that's his floor that's a great sign for him. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 8:26 PM, rocky_rams said:

Tannehill and Mayfield have been helped tremendously by their running games. same as with Goff. His numbers were top notch with Gurley and a great running game. 

I see them all in the same category 

nothing wrong with that...great running game and defense can get you a championship said Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, John Elway, and way past his prime Peyton Manning.

On 2/18/2021 at 3:09 PM, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Watson's track record of great play means he would have to have won more than 4 games last year if he'd actually elevated it, because we know how good he can be. 

Yeah, who cares that the Texans D regressed in points allowed, yards allowed, turns overs, 1st downs, most per drive statistics...the fact that they went from a top 9 rushing game (9th and 8th, in yards and YPA) down to 31st and 18th in respective categories? In the midst of a new HC and a clear fallout in the locker room? Without Watkins’ only steady weapon on offense? 

Saying Watson couldn’t have improved because of the Texans’ record is just silly.

43 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah, who cares that the Texans D regressed in points allowed, yards allowed, turns overs, 1st downs, most per drive statistics...the fact that they went from a top 9 rushing game (9th and 8th, in yards and YPA) down to 31st and 18th in respective categories? In the midst of a new HC and a clear fallout in the locker room? Without Watkins’ only steady weapon on offense? 

Saying Watson couldn’t have improved because of the Texans’ record is just silly.

Any QB in the league can get volume stats against prevent D. Deshaun Watson who’s already a great QB will naturally put up huge stats when he’s playing against prevent d, all game every game.

To me, an elevated Deshaun Watson doesn’t make backbreaking turnovers like in the Colts red zone with the game on the line, for instance.

you gotta look beyond the numbers. This season by Watson doesn’t wow me over anything Matt Stafford’s done a lot of his career. 

Im comfortable ranking Watson top 5-7 or so but it’s not because of this past year. He’s had better years imo

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

47 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Any QB in the league can get volume stats against prevent D. Deshaun Watson who’s already a great QB will naturally put up huge stats when he’s playing against prevent d, all game every game.

To me, an elevated Deshaun Watson doesn’t make backbreaking turnovers like in the Colts red zone with the game on the line, for instance.

you gotta look beyond the numbers. This season by Watson doesn’t wow me over anything Matt Stafford’s done a lot of his career. 

Im comfortable ranking Watson top 5-7 or so but it’s not because of this past year. He’s had better years imo

I’m not commenting on his performance this season. I’m commenting on your take that Watson couldn’t have improved because of their win total, when the team clearly regressed in a significant way in almost all facets.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

I’m not commenting on his performance this season. I’m commenting on your take that Watson couldn’t have improved because of their win total, when the team clearly regressed in a significant way in almost all facets.

Watson’s already a great QB so elevated would be top tier/ elite QB play as I read that. 

a top tier/ eliteQB season wins more than 4 games IMO.

1 hour ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Watson’s already a great QB so elevated would be top tier/ elite QB play as I read that. 

a top tier/ eliteQB season wins more than 4 games IMO.

Again, which completely disregards the one of the most disorganized franchises, the instability at HC, the bad offensive line, the regression in the run game, the regression in the receiving group, and the regression on defense. Judging a QB’s ability on a team’s record is dumb.

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Again, which completely disregards the one of the most disorganized franchises, the instability at HC, the bad offensive line, the regression in the run game, the regression in the receiving group, and the regression on defense. Judging a QB’s ability on a team’s record is dumb.

Watson managed to get 2 wins above a comparably poorly situated team in the Jets. If his season was elite or an elevation of his best previous seasons he’d be able to squeeze out better than 2 wins above Joe Flacco and Sam Darnold. 

7 points against a bad browns defence in a game they lost by 3, turnovers against the ravens that give us too big of a lead for the rest of the game to matter, bad fumble against the colts in their red zone with the game on the line, losing to the Bengals who are worse than the Texans the last few years?

watsons numbers are pretty, but his season wasn’t an elevation of his play for me. He was already a great QB and there he remains just outside that highest tier. An elevated Watson would have been an elite season, and an elite season would have won more games. 

Also “your opinion is dumb”... come on now that’s childish 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

3 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

The Texans managed to get 2 wins above a comparably poorly situated team in the Jets. If their season was elite or an elevation of their best previous seasons they’d be able to squeeze out better than 2 wins above Joe Flacco and Sam Darnold. 

7 points against a bad browns defence in a game they lost by 3, turnovers against the ravens that give us too big of a lead for the rest of the game to matter, bad fumble against the colts in their red zone with the game on the line, losing to the Bengals who are worse than the Texans the last few years?

watsons numbers are pretty, but his season wasn’t an elevation of his play for me. He was already a great QB and there he remains just outside that highest tier. An elevated Watson would have been an elite season, and an elite season would have won more games. 

Also “your opinion is dumb”... come on now that’s childish 

FTFY. You probably put most of the blame for that SB on Patrick Mahomes - after all, an elite QB would be able to put up at least one TD, right? Regardless of the team’s performance around him? No, that’d be silly, because 52 men on a roster, the coach, and the FO all play a part in a football season. 

I’m not calling Watson an elite QB. I’m not saying he improved, plateaued, or regressed in 2020.  I’m saying using wins as the main evidence to any of that is BS. Pick on his performances (which you did in a small way in this latest post), not on the W/Ls.