Who are the top 10 QB’s?

bigbadbuff

I hate that you all are leaving my boy off after he was on pace to shatter every passing record there is; but at least I dont have to deal with FF.coms *insane* infatuation with Wentz any more. Wentz will probably bounce back with some other team (Saints?), but we can finally put the 2016 debate to rest. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I hate that you all are leaving my boy off after he was on pace to shatter every passing record there is; but at least I dont have to deal with FF.coms *insane* infatuation with Wentz any more. Wentz will probably bounce back with some other team (Saints?), but we can finally put the 2016 debate to rest. 

nah.. Wentz will come back strong next year with something to prove. Hurts hasn't shown to be that great of a passer and you need a passer in today's NFL. 

2 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

nah.. Wentz will come back strong next year with something to prove. Hurts hasn't shown to be that great of a passer and you need a passer in today's NFL. 

I agree on needing a passer, but I thought Hurts has shown some signs. Clearly he needs to develop more, but he has been light years ahead of Wentz. 

Wentz needs a fresh start imo. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I agree on needing a passer, but I thought Hurts has shown some signs. Clearly he needs to develop more, but he has been light years ahead of Wentz. 

Wentz needs a fresh start imo. 

I think the benching will humble him and put a chip on his shoulder. He has that kind of mentality. Talent wise, there are few better QBs out there. I expect the front office to make some changes with the staff (keep Doug as HC) and offload bad contracts and acquire talent. Jamar Chase with Wentz will be awesome....

15 hours ago, mission27 said:

The idea that you'd rather have Baker Mayfield, or for that matter Ryan Tannehill or Josh Allen, as your starting QB right now over Tom Brady is laughable to me.

2019 is irrelevant. Guy was playing with the worst offensive supporting cast in the league. Look what happened to that team when he left even with Bill. 

You take 2019 out of the mix and he's been Tom Brady (i.e. GOAT) consistently for 20 years. Including this season. Yes he has a lot of weapons now but there's been a lot of injuries and guys coming in and out of that rotation or taking time to get up to speed, like Gronk and AB. There were games he was basically just throwing to Scotty Miller. You've seen the last few weeks what that offense looks like at full strength. He's also playing for a coaching staff with legit mental disabilities left and right. And yet he's going to get close to or hit 40 touchdowns, 100+ passer rating, and end up as PFF's third ranked QB this year behind Rodgers and Mahomes. 

You ask all the playoff head coaches who they'd rather have under center for the next month, Baker Mayfield or Tom Brady, you're going to get a pretty unanimous answer tbh.

Josh Allen was even better than Tom Brady last year... he has been better for 2 straight seasons and is way younger and only gets better. Why wouldn't you want him starting over Brady. Better in past, better now, and better in future.

After 16 weeks, my rankings would be:

TIER 1

• Aaron Rodgers
  • Patrick Mahomes

TIER 2

• Russell Wilson
  • Josh Allen
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Tom Brady
  • Dak Prescott***

TIER 3

• Lamar Jackson (ascending)
  • Drew Brees (descending)

TIER 4 (literally any of these guys could fill the 9th and 10th spot)

• Ryan Tannehill
  • Justin Herbert
  • Derek Carr
  • Kirk Cousins
  • Kyler Murray
  • Matthew Stafford

*** = Not counting him for this list because he's injured

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

After 16 weeks, my rankings would be:

TIER 1

• Aaron Rodgers
  • Patrick Mahomes

TIER 2

• Russell Wilson
  • Josh Allen
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Tom Brady
  • Dak Prescott***

TIER 3

• Lamar Jackson (ascending)
  • Drew Brees (descending)

TIER 4 (literally any of these guys could fill the 9th and 10th spot)

• Ryan Tannehill
  • Justin Herbert
  • Derek Carr
  • Kirk Cousins
  • Kyler Murray
  • Matthew Stafford

*** = Not counting him for this list because he's injured

Tannehil wayyy too low. Tier 2, or at least Tier 3. Convenient timing after the Packer game. I’d also have Matt Ryan in there at a bare minimum Tier 4. 

Besides those two complaints, it’s a good looking list.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Tannehil wayyy too low. Tier 2, or at least Tier 3. Convenient timing after the Packer game. I’d also have Matt Ryan in there at a bare minimum Tier 4. 

Yeah you could probably put Tannehill in T3, but definitely not T2 IMO. Also forgot about Matt Ryan but I've never been super high on him anyways so :shrug:

I also will throw out Brees outside any of these lists after several weak seasons in a row. He hasn't had an elite season in close to a few years now, and unlike the other top tier QBs, he has lots of weapons. Although, on a career scale he is mostly a stats QB only. He doesn't have the talent of a Hall of Fame QB, nor the rings, nor the awards. 

19 hours ago, mission27 said:

The idea that you'd rather have Baker Mayfield, or for that matter Ryan Tannehill or Josh Allen, as your starting QB right now over Tom Brady is laughable to me.

2019 is irrelevant. Guy was playing with the worst offensive supporting cast in the league. Look what happened to that team when he left even with Bill. 

You take 2019 out of the mix and he's been Tom Brady (i.e. GOAT) consistently for 20 years. Including this season. Yes he has a lot of weapons now but there's been a lot of injuries and guys coming in and out of that rotation or taking time to get up to speed, like Gronk and AB. There were games he was basically just throwing to Scotty Miller. You've seen the last few weeks what that offense looks like at full strength. He's also playing for a coaching staff with legit mental disabilities left and right. And yet he's going to get close to or hit 40 touchdowns, 100+ passer rating, and end up as PFF's third ranked QB this year behind Rodgers and Mahomes. 

You ask all the playoff head coaches who they'd rather have under center for the next month, Baker Mayfield or Tom Brady, you're going to get a pretty unanimous answer tbh.

Don't lump Josh Allen in there with Baker

Baker/Brady, I don't necessarily disagree

But anyone who watches football right now would choose Josh Allen in both the short term and the long term over Brady

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

25 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Brady has joined the likes of Watson and Wilson after last game and Mahomes has fallen back down to that tier as well. 

25 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah you could probably put Tannehill in T3, but definitely not T2 IMO. Also forgot about Matt Ryan but I've never been super high on him anyways so :shrug:

Tier 3 sounds way too low, but this guy is (correctly) using tiers effectively and really separating out instead of just batching a dozen QBs together

With this type of breakout, I think Tannehill probably falls under 3, and I want Brady in the group with him

Lamar should be Tier 2. I will continue to fight that his 2020 season is way better than the masses are giving him credit for

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Tier 3 sounds way too low, but this guy is (correctly) using tiers effectively and really separating out instead of just batching a dozen QBs together

With this type of breakout, I think Tannehill probably falls under 3, and I want Brady in the group with him

Lamar should be Tier 2. I will continue to fight that his 2020 season is way better than the masses are giving him credit for

Brady is like borderline T3/T2 so I just went ahead and gave him the benefit of the doubt and put him T2.

As for Lamar, his inaccuracy issues this year (especially on deep throws) have been really frustrating for me to watch. I love him more than anyone, and his 2020 season has truly been a giant roller coaster, so yeah I could definitely do T2 for him as well.

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Who gets the boot out of the top 10 when Lawrence is drafted in April?

I can already see Jag fans being super annoying regarding anything QB wise...

I’m sure you’re half-joking, but as I say with Herbert and other QBs, two years of great play.