Who are the top 10 QB’s?

bigbadbuff

4 hours ago, rich homie said:

Interesting how many people have Brady here despite the fact that he's not top 10 in any efficiency measure.

I think he’s on the fringe. Personally if someone put a gun to my head with this, I’d leave him out and go with Brees as superior. He’s got the lesser arm, but I feel more confident that he dink and dunks me to victory.

I am not a Brady fan but I cannot knock as he has to be on the list. I think his performance this year while being down some games has put him back in some to win it. Being down 17-0 against Atlanta at half then coming back to win is impressive, should they have been down probably not but that is a team issue. He is putting up impressive numbers and I know he has some solid weapons that can be arguably top 5 well rounded weapons, he has yet to fall off where you are seeing that with other guys that are younger then him. So for this year I would have to put him in the top 10 if not around 5 or 6. He has thrown more Int then usual but still maintaining a 65% completion, he will be throwing for over 4000 yards and likely to put up 35+ td before the season is over. Not many qbs can do that let alone at 42 years old. Not to mention he is on a new team without having the ability to be with his players for that long before the season starts to build the chemistry with his players and coaches. 

Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Wilson, Watson, Brady, Tannehill, Herbert, Brees, and Stafford. I know not much love from this guy (stafford) but he isn't the issue as he has been putting up great numbers and has made some incredible plays. Also knowing you are out of the playoffs with an injury you still are pushing to play each week. I would love to see him on a team similar to Rivers and Brady where they are just a QB away from contending and they make the trade for him. 

I think Burrow could be argued had he not been injured knocking himself out for the year. The AFC is starting to fill up with young QB talent and will make things interesting for years to come. Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Lamar, Lawrence (expected to be a Jag or Jet), Mayfield, and Tua.

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Mayfield being in the Top 6 is laughable. Even the Top 10. Can he get there? Sure. But right now there is a bare minimum 12-13 guys easily over Mayfield. Minimum. The Big Four, Tannehil, Ryan, Brady, Prescott, Allen, Lamar, and I’d also put Brees, Murray, Stafford, and Carr ahead of Mayfield. 

The recency bias on this forum is incredible. Mayfield has been good, what, his past several games? And one season to boot. 

Around Week 5-6, Mayfield was about 20th on every QB list out there. 

That is a joke Mayfield totally outclassed Tannehill in the head to head.

18 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

People need to relax putting Baker in the top 10. He has near identical stats to Rivers who’s also outside the top 10.

Besides the fact that Mayfield is the best RZ QB in the NFL and is only 2nd in passing to Patrick Mahomes in the 4th quarter of games.

I dont think he is top 10 right now--but he is right outside of it. If somebody wants to slide him in at #10 you could actually make a strong case for it.

His counting stats would actually look a helluva lot better if Cleveland didnt play 3 weeks inside of a hurricane at First Energy Stadium.

Edited by AkronsWitness

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Besides the fact that Mayfield is the best RZ QB in the NFL and is only 2nd in passing to Patrick Mahomes in the 4th quarter of games.

I dont think he is top 10 right now--but he is right outside of it. If somebody wants to slide him in at #10 you could actually make a strong case for it.

His counting stats would actually look a helluva lot better if Cleveland didnt play 3 weeks inside of a hurricane at First Energy Stadium.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/redzone-passing.htm

I don’t know what you mean by best RZ QB there’s other QBs with better stats. The second stats also seems cherry picked and without data lol.

Edited by Blackstar12

15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

He just needs to do it for a bit longer, then he's definitely top-10. Hell, he's been playing like a borderline top-5 QB the past few weeks, but again- he just needs to get more of those games under his belt.   

7 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/redzone-passing.htm

I don’t know what you mean by best RZ stats there’s other QBs with better stats. The second stats also seems cherry picked and without data lol.

He is absolutly the best passing QB in the NFL on Sundays, after 2:35pm, in the 3rd quarter, when its above 50 degrees and slightly overcast. No doubt about it

6 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

It’s remarkable to see QBs putting up better numbers than ever, but to feel so underwhelmed by the names on these lists. If it wasn’t for Mahomes, this would feel like a true dark age for quarterbacks.

Because they're all more physically talented than ever, and surrounding players are all more physically talented than ever, and the schemes are so advanced now, and defenses are so hamstrung into not being able to do their job, that RIDICULOUS numbers are basically synthetically created in a lab rather than coming organically from a quarterback's greatness.

I agree with you. The numbers are what I used to do in Madden franchise mode on rookie difficulty, yet there's something lacking. Gone are the days of prime Manning, Brady, Rodgers and Brees.

26 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Because they're all more physically talented than ever, and surrounding players are all more physically talented than ever, and the schemes are so advanced now, and defenses are so hamstrung into not being able to do their job, that RIDICULOUS numbers are basically synthetically created in a lab rather than coming organically from a quarterback's greatness.

I agree with you. The numbers are what I used to do in Madden franchise mode on rookie difficulty, yet there's something lacking. Gone are the days of prime Manning, Brady, Rodgers and Brees.

Now, 2009 was an outlier year, but that season we had Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Ben, Rivers, Favre, Warner, and Eli all post good-great numbers. Romo, Ryan, Smith, Palmer, Flacco, and McNabb all did their thing. Schaub had MVP type numbers. Cutler had 27 TDs (though lead the league in INTs). Hasselback was subpar, but still competent. 

I am disappointed by the QBs that have replaced them.

20 hours ago, DannyB said:

Okay, I'm gonna try to do this two different ways. Both assume a completely neutral/standard/average team, and that injuries suffered this season are healed just fine. Both lists have the players in tiers, but the names within the tiers are NOT necessarily in order.

If I had to win THIS SEASON, right now...

Patrick Mahomes

Aaron Rodgers

Russell Wilson

Josh Allen

Deshaun Watson

Lamar Jackson

Kyler Murray

Ryan Tannehill

Dak Prescott

Tom Brady

If I had to pick a quarterback to start a franchise with going forward

Patrick Mahomes

Russell Wilson

Deshaun Watson

Josh Allen

Joe Burrow

Aaron Rodgers

Justin Herbert

Dak Prescott

Lamar Jakson

Kyler Murray

Nice list. I might move Allen up a tier in both of your rankings, but can see the argument for where he is.

22 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Huge example of recency bias. Herbert is not a Top 10 QB after one season. Unless he had a Mahomes 2018 type year. 

Herbert being a rookie is irrelevant. 

My list is purely off their performance this season. Only one then on my list a bit high, would be Brady, then.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Nice list. I might move Allen up a tier in both of your rankings, but can see the argument for where he is.

I mean the only thing holding him back for me is that I need to see consistency. If the stretches of Good Josh Allen that we've see a couple times this year are what he can be on a more consistent basis...whoooo boy