Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz

patriotsheatyan

Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz, which duo with have better careers?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz, which duo with have better careers?

• Winston and Mariota
    • Goff and Wentz

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:11 AM, Yin-Yang said:

It effects the game, which effects the QB.

Trash defense giving up points? Going to be in a lot more (undesirable) pass scenarios. Makes the defense play the pass more than the run, making it harder for the QB - facing more pressure, throwing into tighter windows. It’s what happens when you’re forced to throw more.

Defense can’t stop anyone? The coach/OC has a different game plan, even before the opening kickoff. The playcalls change, third down becomes more critical, playcalling becomes less conservative and thus more risky.

So sure, they’re not on the field at the same time, but a good defense (or great, in your 17’ Eagles’ case) certainly helps a quarterback. Directly, indirectly, whatever - defense helps a QB quite a bit. 

Exactly. Exactly. And exactly.

A defense that helps keep your QB asnd your offense comfortable and in control of the play clock and play calling is a huge advantage for a QB. Arguing otherwise is amateur hour.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:26 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I guess I can see how it effects it more than a little on the extreme ends, but even then that I would say that pales in comparison to again, the 10 men on the field you are actually playing with. I mean playing your game, if you're surrounded by enough talent and are good enough you will score so much that opposing teams will not be able to keep up even if you don't have a great defense (see: 2018 Rams and Chiefs).  If people think a top 5 defense, Alshon, Agholor, Ertz, Ajayi/Blount/Clement and arguably the best OL is a more favorable situation for a QB (not a team, just the QB) than an average defense, Cooks, Woods, Kupp, Gurley and a top 3 OL, then I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Maybe I am under appreciating that offensive cast from 2017, although clearly I wouldn't be the only one since nobody seems to think very highly of that team, historically speaking.

Also let's just this into the Goff vs Wentz thread, thread title is halfway there. Winston and Mariota might not even see 2nd contracts with the team that drafted them.

I am not arguing Wentz support was better. I am arguing it was as good. Not player for player, piece for piece. But overall. Last years Wentz and this years Goff were/are in a position to succeed comfortably.

21 hours ago, Breesus mode said:

The Saints defense is well known for blowing leads and games Drew Brees has given us

Maybe the reason your defense is blowing leads is because the opposing coach and QB are adjusting.

But again, the argument is that once you take Gurley out of the equation and put the game on Goff, the Rams are in trouble. If anyone on the Rams didn't hold up to their end of the deal it is the defense that allowed 45 points. The most scored by NO all year. The most allowed by the Rams all year. How can you blame Goff, who apparently had Gurley taken out of the game and was forced to play well and lead the offense and ended the game with great numbers all by himself.

Lets just call it what it is. Some of the Eagles fans around here have the weirdest boner for Goff. It's been this way for 2 years now. Call it low self esteem. Call it insecurity. Call it what you will. But it's obvious and has been pointed out by fans of other teams in the past.

It aint all Eagles fans. But there is, without a doubt, a select sub section of them that can't handle anyone else at the prom having a pretty dress. And it goes like this in pretty much every thread Goff is involved in:

Rams fans: Wentz is great
Other fans: Wentz is great
Eagles fans: Wentz is great

and then

Rams fans: Goff is great
Other fans: Goff is great
Eagles fans: Goff is Case Keenum

1 hour ago, Non-Issue said:

Lets just call it what it is. Some of the Eagles fans around here have the weirdest boner for Goff. It's been this way for 2 years now. Call it low self esteem. Call it insecurity. Call it what you will. But it's obvious and has been pointed out by fans of other teams in the past.

It aint all Eagles fans. But there is, without a doubt, a select sub section of them that can't handle anyone else at the prom having a pretty dress. And it goes like this in pretty much every thread Goff is involved in:

Rams fans: Wentz is great
Other fans: Wentz is great
Eagles fans: Wentz is great

and then

Rams fans: Goff is great
Other fans: Goff is great
Eagles fans: Goff is Case Keenum

Interesting, this describes rammy to a tee, just change Eagles fans with Rammy and Goff with Wentz.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Interesting, this describes rammy to a tee, just change Eagles fans with Rammy and Goff with Wentz.

Sir/ I've given Wentz his props. He's a magnificent elite Qb. I maybe a troll but i do keep it real..

Wentz is elite.. 

Just now, El ramster said:

Sir/ I've given Wentz his props. He's a magnificent elite Qb. I maybe a troll but i do keep it real..

Wentz is elite.. 

Well I've missed it then... I think most Eagles fan would agree Goff is right there with Wentz. You won't find anyone here who think he is better than Wentz, but that's only natural, can only suppress so much bias. I wouldn't expect any Rams fans to think Wentz is better than Goff either. It's close enough that either stance is defend-able without homerism really needing to come into play. 

Archived