Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz

patriotsheatyan

Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz, which duo with have better careers?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz, which duo with have better careers?

• Winston and Mariota
    • Goff and Wentz

57 minutes ago, El ramster said:

But Chiefer and these eagle fans make our point. No matter what Goff does he’ll

never be good enough.. Chiefer talking bs passes, yet he completed

70% of his passes and when he abandoned the run game he brought us back. Despite over coming a blatant 4th down conversion and The Ebola virus that’s known as Marcus Peters. 

70% Percent yet he’s saying he missed some easy passes lol.

I like Goff dont get me wrong, i root for my fellow californians. He went to the same school as my cousin.

Statistically yes he did great and he brought them back from the brink. But at the end of the game, and the final minutes before half-time, when they needed him to make the throws to win the game he didn't make them.

Carson i think hits woods going to the sideline. 

32 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I like Goff dont get me wrong, i root for my fellow californians. He went to the same school as my cousin.

Statistically yes he did great and he brought them back from the brink. But at the end of the game, and the final minutes before half-time, when they needed him to make the throws to win the game he didn't make them.

Carson i think hits woods going to the sideline. 

Does Carson hit Kupp in the back of the endzone in the Vikings game? Like seriously next gen stats say that QBs complete that pass 18% of the time. Players thought Goff was trying to throw the ball away. He completed that pass for a td. He made some awesome throws in the game against the Saints. Do he want some of those throws back? Yes. Brees also will say he wish he had some of his throws back as well. It was a bad throw by Goff but it happens. Cant say if Carson wouldve made that throw or not. We dont know because he wasnt in that situation to make that throw. We can watch an Eagles game and say when Carson makes a bad throw that Goff wouldve made it. Nobody says it because again we dont know because Goff isnt in that situation at that moment making that throw.

21 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

explain?

On the run, Woods coming open near the sideline, i see Carson hitting him to keep the game alive.

I remember Aikman saying that it was an "easy throw"(doubtful Aikman could hit that lol) and how could Goff miss it.

Just my observation. Goff played a great game, that stuff just happens sometimes. 

4 hours ago, eagles18 said:

it was 35-17 at one point... then the trademark collapse of the saints defense happened. While good, Goff doesn't scare anyone. 

Or until McVay and Goff adjusted. But sure, the "trademark collapse" of a 7-1 team.  Goff doesnt need to scare anyone as long as he can put up 400 yards and 3 TDs with a 115 rating with Gurley being "taken away."

But please, tell us more about that quality win vs the Jags. 

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Do you think Wentz's help last year was equivalent to Goff's this year?

Hell yes. Are you kidding me? Wentz played in one game last year where the Eagles defense allowed more than 24 points. And one of those teams was us. The Eagles defense was outstanding. They didn't have Marcus Peters running around like a pop warner replacement.

Where was Todd Gurley when Goff was struggling his rookie season? Was Gurley carrying the team? Or were you sitting in here declaring him a bust along with Goff? People claiming Gurley is keeping defenses honest rather than Goff don't know what they're talking about. Gurley is not a "carry the team on his shoulders" RB. He needs a QB to keep defenses honest or he gets shut down. That is historical fact.

Now I am not saying Gurley is garbo. But anyone trying to argue he is somehow "making" Goff is off his rocker. 

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

philly's 2017 rush attack is not todd gurley level. sorry 

But the passing targets were. And the rushing level was still very good. Add the best defense in the NFL and I would say yes, Wentz had the same level of help last year Goff has this year.

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Last year we were 3rd in rush yards, 4th in Y/C, you guys were 8th in rush yards, 7th in Y/C.

This year we are 18th in rush yards, 22nd in Y/C, you guys are 1st in rush yards, 3rd in Y/C. 

Even regardless of numbers, I think anyone would take Gurley over an RBBC of Blount/Ajayi/Clement last year or Clement/Smallwood/Adams assuming the run blocking is at least solid (which it has been for both of us the past 2 years. Last year ours was great, this year it's been solid/good. Yours was probably in that same solid/good territory last year, and is pretty good this year). After all isn't this guy better than LT!? Must make QBs job easier ;)

Sure anyone would take Gurley over a committee. But that isnt the point. The point is that that committee was very effective. And helped Wentz.

3 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

Hell yes. Are you kidding me? Wentz played in one game last year where the Eagles defense allowed more than 24 points. And one of those teams was us. The Eagles defense was outstanding. They didn't have Marcus Peters running around like a pop warner replacement.

Where was Todd Gurley when Goff was struggling his rookie season? Was Gurley carrying the team? Or were you sitting in here declaring him a bust along with Goff? People claiming Gurley is keeping defenses honest rather than Goff don't know what they're talking about. Gurley is not a "carry the team on his shoulders" RB. He needs a QB to keep defenses honest or he gets shut down. That is historical fact.

Now I am not saying Gurley is garbo. But anyone trying to argue he is somehow "making" Goff is off his rocker. 

Who is saying that? Merely asking if people thought their supporting casts were equivalent. Defense doesn’t help a QB, unless you’re talking wins, but that is amateur hour. 

So you believe Wentz’s supporting cast in 2017 was equal to Goff’s this year? Can you elaborate? I mean clearly this Rams offense is better than last year’s Eagles offense, so is Goff on a different level than Wentz in your eyes? I’d scoff at that notion.

11 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

This isn’t true at all.

Hinting at field position? Ok, let me rephrase it as defense does not DIRECTLY help a QB as they are not on field at the same time, simple. They have 0 influence on how a QB looks when you are watching them. They may may however influence their stats in a number of ways, although I would say it's generally not by much. If you have a really dominant defense, one that forces TOs and shuts opposing offenses down, then you'll have several more close TD opportunities, but also less pass attempts.

Archived