Week 16 - Rams at Seahawks

RamRod

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

So you want to get out of mediocrity by taking the biggest dead cap hit in nfl history and getting a new QB with no first round pick? 

Yeah, it'd be really nice if people would even make the simplest of efforts to understand how the cap and dead money works.

I keep hearing "we need a more mobile QB."  Hey, I've got an idea, how about we protect the one we have?  Without Whit our OL are a bunch of pansies.  That falls on McVay (he needs to amend his system to not be so damn finesse-only - it is possible, because we've seen both Shanahans do it) and Kromer.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

yup. this is LA dude. this isn't St Louis anymore where fans are gonna put up with this ****. Gurley was the second biggest cap hit in history and we replaced him with Akers. Gurley is about to be out the league. Goff will soon follow

You don't understand his contract if you think we can cut him. 

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

With what protection, pray tell?

Look, I'm all for faulting Goff where he deserves fault (and there are plenty of places he deserves fault), but I won't fault him for not standing in the pocket or scrambling to give receivers time to run deep fly and post routes when we haven't done a damn thing to protect him all day.

The McVay play call on 4th down in the red zone was as inexcusable as Goff's pick. You don't run horizontally with slow your as crap HB behind an OL that isn't getting movement. Run the QB sneak again and force them to stuff you again. Odds are they won't. But frankly, he should have called a bootleg pass on 3rd down and a QB sneak on 4th. I don't know why he's so intent on running the ball inside the 5, when you can catch a defense napping with those simple boots. It's the one time slow arse Goff can do some good running. McVay called a terrible game. Goff played a terrible game. The OL played a terrible game. Brown sucked arse. About the only offensive plays who should be patting themselves on the back are Kupp and Woods. They're the only two who didn't suck.

Ready for this?

Goff had some bad plays today (like, really bad. That pick might have been the worst play I've ever seen someone make aside of the butt fumble), but I thought he played fine for the most part. Not great, probably not even good, but fine for what he was given. The playcalls were pathetic again, the WR weren't separating and the offensive line was horrible (just like it was last week). We know if the line plays bad, we get bad Goff. Don't even bother coming at me with the lazy money argument. 

Can someone please defend Mcvay's 4th down call? As much as people love to trash Goff, Mcvay only gets criticism around here from a few posters. Both of them deserve the brunt of the blame for this season. 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I’m just as worried about how much this O-line is getting manhandled as anything else in this game 

Yup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Yeah, it'd be really nice if people would even make the simplest of efforts to understand how the cap and dead money works.

I keep hearing "we need a more mobile QB."  Hey, I've got an idea, how about we protect the one we have?  Without Whit our OL are a bunch of pansies.  That falls on McVay (he needs to amend his system to not be so damn finesse-only - it is possible, because we've seen both Shanahans do it) and Kromer.

The problem is that our OL works well when you have two stud run blockers on the edges (Whit and Hav). Noteboom is a bad run blocker. And the interior isn't capable of dominating most fronts. We need slide Corbett inside to replace Blythe and get somebody powerful in at that OG spot. The OL isn't remotely the same unit without Whit. We need him back desperately. If we get him back for the playoffs, I think we can beat Seattle. But we need to win next effing week. 

Just now, LeotheLion said:

I'm fine with this. But suggesting he get cut (Gurley'd) is just being ignorant of his contract. It's not possible. 

Yeah there's no cutting him. I'm looking now at Vets to bring in for competition. I'd consider Jameis Winston and let him know he has the opportunity to start. Or draft someone in the 2nd round. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

When you're actively rooting against our QB and team in the game thread, it's craptastic behavior. I like you, Rocky, but if you become another poster who is relentlessly negative, I'll just use ignore. It's one thing to criticize Goff for the moronic mistakes he made. It's another to root against him and the team. And that's especially frustrating when he's out there playing through a dislocated thumb. I'm angry at Goff. But I respect the toughness in the second half. There's a lot more wrong with our offense than just the QB. Y'all are living in a fantasy world if you think our only problem is Goff. His boneheaded turnovers are unacceptable, but the interior OL has played one good game (New England) since the Tampa Bay win, we have no deep threat to stress defenses vertically, and McVay has done a terrible job in the red zone and when it comes to making in-game adjustments.

Bro you’re entitled to whatever you wanna do. I don’t care what he’s playing through. Dude makes $40 million a year.

There’s players who go through worse making crumbs compared to him. 

This isn’t fairy tale land where everyone is gonna agree with you. People are entitled to their opinion. If the team plays well they get a good reaction. If the team plays bad and the QB sucks then that’s what will happen. 

I like you too Jerry but if you’re too sensitive to how I feel about Goff then ignore my brotha. No harm no foul 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

One hundred percent. The OL has been bullied the last two weeks 

Realistically most of the season.  I don't even think they were that outstanding with Whit in there, but Whit at least seemed to get the other guys on the line being accountable for their mistakes.

• Like 2

Just now, rocky_rams said:

Bro you’re entitled to whatever you wanna do. I don’t care what he’s playing through. Dude makes $40 million a year.

This isn’t fairy tale land where everyone is gonna agree with you. People are entitled to their opinion. If the team plays well they get a good reaction. If the team plays bad and the QB sucks then that’s what will happen. 

I like you too Jerry but if you’re too sensitive to how I feel about Goff then ignore my brotha. No harm no foul 

I don't care how you feel about Goff. I don't want to come into this forum and see Rams fans rooting against our players and our team. It's not a matter of opinion. Don't bring that negative bull**** in here.

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yeah there's no cutting him. I'm looking now at Vets to bring in for competition. I'd consider Jameis Winston and let him know he has the opportunity to start. Or draft someone in the 2nd round. 

Jameis, Minshew, etc. We need somebody to push him.

• Like 1

You're entitled to an opinion, but not your own facts.  And an opinion that's based on incoherent facts (like one that we should "just get rid of him") is a horribad one - and you're not entitled to invulnerability from people telling you that it's a horribad opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Realistically most of the season.  I don't even think they were that outstanding with Whit in there, but Whit at least seemed to get the other guys on the line being accountable for their mistakes.

I agree. It’s almost as if they lost that edge since Big Whit got injured 

• Like 1

I agree. It’s almost as if they lost that edge since Big Whit got injured 

It infuriates me watching Reynolds, Blythe, and Noteboom play soft football. We're definitely missing some mean streak and toughness. I really wish McVay would play Van over Reynolds. Reynolds had a couple big plays today, but he's so frustrating for most of the game that it's just not worth it. And we need Akers or Henderson. Brown is too damn slow.