The Jacksonville Jaguars secure the #1 overall pick; Trevor Lawrence

pwny

1 minute ago, pwny said:

I was willing to go that high personally in TCMD, before the GM of that team sold him before coming back to me.

He looks the part of a franchise LT after what he did this year. The odds that our pick turns out to be as good as him sits pretty low. I’d do it and then not worry about the position. Go spend some money on a Safety or something to supplement value per dollar and have a day. 

He's a damn good OT regardless of side imo. If we're about to get our franchise guy, I'm all for doing whatever we need to do to protect him.

The interior is good. But the tackles are still either extremely average (Robinson) or a question mark (Taylor). Getting a guy that's young (who we would have to pay soon, but thankfully there's no one besides Chark that also needs a payday in house on the horizon) who we know can play would likely do wonders for the unit as a whole. With Cam in question contract wise, this would be the time to jump on something like that.

Maybe Cullen and co. from Baltimore can schmooze Urban a bit. They likely saw him dominate rep after rep for the past several years.

I don't think they'll have to do much schmoozing. I can't see Urban going into next season keeping the offensive line as is. He'll likely want to build up the trenches first and Orlando Brown represents the best opportunity to do that this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

He's a damn good OT regardless of side imo.

I fully agree. He’s not playing RT any more tho. He quite clearly wants to be a LT and wants to get paid like one.

We really do need to address both the tackle spots. One guaranteed new starter and one guy to go into a camp battle with the other really should be a priority. Plus getting some more depth along there to make sure that one or two injuries doesn’t mean that Trevor starts taking a large amount of unnecessary shots. 

15 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Go tell him not to worry about it and get the surgery asap imo.

He's a Jaguar, no reason to drag this out.

It’s possible he still has to clear the hospital’s COVID protocols before he can have the surgery. A week of clear tests would make sense, given it’s not an emergency surgery.

On 2/3/2021 at 11:28 AM, pwny said:

I was willing to go that high personally in TCMD, before the GM of that team sold him before coming back to me.

He looks the part of a franchise LT after what he did this year. The odds that our pick turns out to be as good as him sits pretty low. I’d do it and then not worry about the position. Go spend some money on a Safety or something to supplement value per dollar and have a day. 

Only thing i'm a little bit wary of with him, is that particular offense...and how "franchise LT" he'll look in a significantly different sort of scheme.  But ehhh...it's just a small nagging concern, that's always going to be there to some extent, with guys moving to different organizations running different sorts of offenses.  Anyone we'd draft to fill that role, is going to be a bigtime "projection" as well.  If the compensation (draft capital, and contract extension cap impact) starts to climb that high though, it raises the stakes an awful lot.