The Jacksonville Jaguars secure the #1 overall pick; Trevor Lawrence

pwny

I will say, watching Trevor tape has taught me one thing:

I really hate the Clemson offense. I get that it's super successful at the college level and thus they have no reason to change it, but I don't think it does Trevor any favors in terms of showcasing his arm talent. Obviously the talent shines through, but so much of the offense is predicated on throws that a QB with a lesser arm could make. I'm sure a lot of college offenses are like this, since there is QB change so frequently. 

But I do think it plays a large role in why some people find Trevor's tape underwhelming. 

Edited by Jaguarfan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaguarfan said:

I will say, watching Trevor tape has taught me one thing:

I really hate the Clemson offense. I get that it's super successful at the college level and thus they have no reason to change it, but I don't think it does Trevor any favors in terms of showcasing his arm talent. Obviously the talent shines through, but so much of the offense is predicated on throws that a QB with a lesser arm could make. I'm sure a lot of college offenses are like this, since there is QB change so frequently. 

But I do think it plays a large role in why some people find Trevor's tape underwhelming. 

The same thing was said about Watson too. And it’s quite clear that Trevor is doing some stuff in that offense that even Watson didn’t do. And it’s quite clear he can make the throws that the offense tries to minimize. That’s all that matters.

Mostly I think that he’s reached the point of evaluation fatigue. As that Denny Thompson tweet from 2017 notes, he’s been on track for being a number one pick for 5 years, since he was in high school. People are just tired of talking about how incredible he is and want something to nitpick. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pwny said:

The same thing was said about Watson too. And it’s quite clear that Trevor is doing some stuff in that offense that even Watson didn’t do. And it’s quite clear he can make the throws that the offense tries to minimize. That’s all that matters.

Mostly I think that he’s reached the point of evaluation fatigue. As that Denny Thompson tweet from 2017 notes, he’s been on track for being a number one pick for 5 years, since he was in high school. People are just tired of talking about how incredible he is and want something to nitpick. 

That's why again, I've kind of stopped watching him. He's an elite QB prospect. 

Just going into guys who could be options starting at #25 and later.

It doesn’t sound like the Jags are going to “tip their hand” about the QB pick until the draft. The Jags are saying all the right things about evaluating each QB, blah, blah, blah.

Prepress yourself for all the dumb articles about Fields going 1st when the Jags go up to Ohio State for their Pro Day. I promise you it’s coming.

7 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

It doesn’t sound like the Jags are going to “tip their hand” about the QB pick until the draft. The Jags are saying all the right things about evaluating each QB, blah, blah, blah.

Prepress yourself for all the dumb articles about Fields going 1st when the Jags go up to Ohio State for their Pro Day. I promise you it’s coming.

I think we'll know in the next couple months/prior to the draft. They just got the staff together/haven't analyzed any tape yet. Not surprised this is the way they're playing it.

I mean there’s a reason you can’t buy a Lawrence Jaguars jersey, but you can buy a Lawrence Jets jersey, or a Fields Jaguars jersey. 

And maybe I’m reading a little into it when Bevell mentioned Trevor just as Trevor then paused a bit before mentioning Justin Fields by his full name. But it seemed like a guy who mentioned the guy we were drafting and then had to search for another name in his head. 

• Like 1