The Jacksonville Jaguars secure the #1 overall pick; Trevor Lawrence

pwny

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11501603&w=144

I keep intending to make a thread on here with film breakdown. And every time I look at his film, it’s just “I’m going to do nothing but fanboy if I actually post anything” because there’s almost nothing to nitpick at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pwny said:

I keep intending to make a thread on here with film breakdown. And every time I look at his film, it’s just “I’m going to do nothing but fanboy if I actually post anything” because there’s almost nothing to nitpick at all.

Think we just need to analyze options/wants/breakdown of possibilities at 25 and the rest of our draft.

There just isn't much to do about Lawrence besides exactly that...grin the entire time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Think we just need to analyze options/wants/breakdown of possibilities at 25 and the rest of our draft.

There just isn't much to do about Lawrence besides exactly that...grin the entire time.

Exactly, normally I love draft talk/mocks etc and even though I dont know names I just love to listen. They always skip our pick because its so obvious...or bc Jaguars. Either way

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Exactly, normally I love draft talk/mocks etc and even though I dont know names I just love to listen. They always skip our pick because its so obvious...or bc Jaguars. Either way

Well if we pick someone to protect Lawrence or someone to catch passes from him, they’ll talk a bunch about #25. Or 33. Or 45. Whichever ones fit that bill will get a lot of discussion.

They might still skip over our defense picks though. 

• Like 1

totally random thought that isn't important in the least:

Do we think Lawrence wears 16 in the pros? I heard that he wore 16 because of his love of Peyton, who wore 16 in college, any chance he also makes the jump to 18 at the next level?

Edited by Jaguarfan

26 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

totally random thought that isn't important in the least:

Do we think Lawrence wears 16 in the pros? I heard that he wore 16 because of his love of Peyton, who wore 16 in college, any chance he also makes the jump to 18 at the next level?

It’s been speculated. And no one knows. Gun to my head, I’m guessing 16. 

The closer we get to the draft, the more and more I've been thinking I'd like to see the Jags use a couple of picks to trade up for Kyle Pitts.  Having all those dynamic weapons in KC has to be making Patrick Mahomes' job a lot easier.  We can still get a lot of what we need with our other picks and in free agency. 

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Truthfully would be ok parting with 25 for him if we had an extension lined up.

Am I crazy?

him turning 25 before the season so in theory we should be able to get 10 years out of him as his Game isnt based on athleticism. 

im pretty sure u might be able to get the ravens to go 2nd round + a conditional 2nd next year if we resign him. 

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

The closer we get to the draft, the more and more I've been thinking I'd like to see the Jags use a couple of picks to trade up for Kyle Pitts.  Having all those dynamic weapons in KC has to be making Patrick Mahomes' job a lot easier.  We can still get a lot of what we need with our other picks and in free agency. 

if im choosing between Orlando Brown and Pitts im taking Brown cuz u gotta keep Lawrence healthy. also with out TE coach very fimiliar with Pat Freiermuth it should be an easier transition.  the only worrying thing is Friermuths never really got better in Blocking under his watch. 

13 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Truthfully would be ok parting with 25 for him if we had an extension lined up.

Am I crazy?

I was willing to go that high personally in TCMD, before the GM of that team sold him before coming back to me.

He looks the part of a franchise LT after what he did this year. The odds that our pick turns out to be as good as him sits pretty low. I’d do it and then not worry about the position. Go spend some money on a Safety or something to supplement value per dollar and have a day. 

• Like 1