Washington Releases Dwayne Haskins

HolmesPriest

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I said he needed another year or two at OSU. He struggled with pressure and downfield accuracy due to footwork and scheme. 1 year starters rarely if ever pan out at the quarterback position.

One year starters are fine, look at Kyler Murray. It’s just all about evaluating the tape. Haskins couldn’t throw deep to save his life, little velocity on his balls and they constantly hung, and was inaccurate on the sidelines anything past 15 yards. I have no idea how anyone graded the guy as a 1st Round Pick, and who thought for a second any team in their right mind should take him before Kyler Murray. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Actually he threw everything as hard as he could on every throw and had no touch.  

I watched every snap of his college tape. His balls tend to hang, and not much velocity. Doesn’t matter if he threw “hard”. Throwing as hard as you can doesn’t automatically equal velocity. 

And it’s not an Ohio State thing. I have a Mid 1st on Fields as of right now, but I had a Late 2nd on Haskins, and wouldn’t of touched him in the 1st if you had a gun to my head. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I watched every snap of his college tape. His balls tend to hang, and not much velocity. Doesn’t matter if he threw “hard”. Throwing as hard as you can doesn’t automatically equal velocity. 

And it’s not an Ohio State thing. I have a Mid 1st on Fields as of right now, but I had a Late 2nd on Haskins, and wouldn’t of touched him in the 1st if you had a gun to my head. 

I think Haskins is a terrible QB, I never would have taken him in the first round either.  But he has a cannon arm.  I've never seen any of his throws "hang" like you are referencing.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I think Haskins is a terrible QB, I never would have taken him in the first round either.  But he has a cannon arm.  I've never seen any of his throws "hang" like you are referencing.  

Haskins a cannon arm...? Are you kidding me? He doesn’t have anything close to a cannon arm. His arm didn’t even come close to Murray’s or Lock’s in the draft either, no where close. 

• Like 3

You could see the body language in Haskins the whole draft night just non shalant big baller creating a brand type deal.

And the way he reacted when Giants passed on him was so bad just like slumped and no emotion I don't think he loves football just more what it brought him.

Rosen also had bad vibes but Haskins was on another level

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is what I seen as well. Haskins has to put his whole body into the same throw jamarcus could make with a flick of the wrist. There’s just no comparison to me. 

Haskins a cannon arm...? Are you kidding me? He doesn’t have anything close to a cannon arm. His arm didn’t even come close to Murray’s or Lock’s in the draft either, no where close. 

??? He has a very strong arm.  Seriously I don't understand what you're saying.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

??? He has a very strong arm.  Seriously I don't understand what you're saying.  

No he doesn’t. If he was currently a starting QB, he’s not even in the upper half. He has an above average arm, but no where close to a “strong arm” or “cannon arm”. You’re the first I’ve ever seen have this take, and I legit have no idea what you are seeing. 

No he doesn’t. If he was currently a starting QB, he’s not even in the upper half. He has an above average arm, but no where close to a “strong arm” or “cannon arm”. You’re the first I’ve ever seen have this take, and I legit have no idea what you are seeing. 

I'm literally shaking my head not understanding what you're talking about either.  

I always thought he was a 3rd round project QB who got massively overdrafted.  I watched him in college throw to wide open track stars against over Matched defenses.

”but but 50 touchdowns bro”

Edited by CP3MVP

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm literally shaking my head not understanding what you're talking about either.  

Murray and Lock had the strongest arms of the draft class. Both rocket arms. (Not Laser Arms like Allen, but rockets). Lock probably the strongest and Murray a close second. Haskins arm came no where close to those two, and Haskins and “strong arm” and especially “cannon arm” should not go in the same sentence. 

Edited by BayRaider