Around the League week 17

textaz03

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

Wait a second, did you just really bring up quality of opponents?  You understand that over the past 2 years  almost all of his wins came against teams drafting in the top 5, right?  Yeah, Dak loves playing against weaklings (except the jets) and in 4th quarter blowouts.   That's where he excels.   \

All the *COWBOYS* Wins.

You are still missing the point. Dak himself played well against better opponents, we just didnt win. Or do you not remember your boy Zeke costing us games against the Saints and Vikings; playoff teams? 

Everything I said is 100% true.  Dalton is playing behind a beat up OL that's missing 4/5 starters... 3 of which were UDFA.  Last year, Dak played behind 3 pro bowlers on the OL and La'el Collins who had a phenomenal year. 

Collins and Smith missed or played hurt almost the entire year. Do you not remember the Jets when they were both out? And PS - it was 2 probowlers. Smith and Martin made it.

And although this year we have had injuries, the OL's demise has been greatly exaggerated. 

Last year, Dallas had a top 10 scoring defense giving up 20 PPG.  This year, Dallas gives up 30 points per game and is historically bad against the run.  Yet, Dalton simply wins more than Dak.  Those are facts. 

The defense during Daltons amazing 3 game win streak against the worst teams in the NFL with back up QBs has led the entire NFL in take aways. Those are facts.

But, here's the biggest fact... Dalton is doing this while making $27M less than Dak.  If Dak can't win more than Dalton, why the hell are we paying Dak $27M more than Dalton?  Do you understand how good this team could be if it invested $27M into the defense?  

Tell me again - how did Dak do against the Rams, Browns and Seahawks? And how did Dalton do against Arizona and Washington?  Those are the first 5 playoff teams we played (assuming skins get in).

But I am not having the $$ debate again with you. Because everything you have said all year has been proven 100% wrong and you still keep beating that drum.

Sorry that bringing Dak's shortcoming's to your attention hurts your feelings but you need to understand that stats and charts do not win football games.

ha! how original. 

Dak against quality opponents: 

3 games 103/154 67% 1240 yards 8 td, 3 int (2 hailmarys), 101 rating

Dalton against quality opponents:

2 games  65/102 64% 551 yards, 3tds, 3 ints, 75 QB rating

Dak - team had the lead or was within 1 TD in the 4th of every game despite the defense giving up 36 ppg - opponents have won 10 games this year on average

Dalton - team lost by an average of 23 points per a game despite the defense giving up 36 ppg - opponents have won  9 games this year on average

Edited by Matts4313

Matts, do you ever get tired of just being wrong?  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/probowl.htm

Smith, Martin and Fredrick all made the pro bowl.  So did Amari and Zeke.  Collins did not make the pro bowl but should have.  Dak also had a defense that gave up on average 10 less ppg.  I get it... it's gotta sting that both Cam Newton at $1M and Dalton at $3M have better winning % than Dak with far less talent around them.  It's ok champ, keep your head up.  Maybe one day someone will come up with a chart or graph that help you understand that winning more while costing less money is a good thing in the salary cap era.  

35 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Matts, do you ever get tired of just being wrong?  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/probowl.htm

Smith, Martin and Fredrick all made the pro bowl.  So did Amari and Zeke.  Collins did not make the pro bowl but should have.  Dak also had a defense that gave up on average 10 less ppg.  I get it... it's gotta sting that both Cam Newton at $1M and Dalton at $3M have better winning % than Dak with far less talent around them.  It's ok champ, keep your head up.  Maybe one day someone will come up with a chart or graph that help you understand that winning more while costing less money is a good thing in the salary cap era.  

Wiki didn't have Fredrick. He must have been a replacement?

And why do you keep acting like the team wins are solely a qb stat? You know that's not true.

And why do you keep ignoring context? It makes you look like you are trying to manipulate.

And do you *honestly* believe Dak wouldn't have crushed the scrubs Dalton did?

You lost all credibility when you said you wanted cam. That is honestly the most stupid argument I have ever heard. Should we take this to mfl gen? Maybe get a poll? So the entire world can tell you how dumb that statement is?

5 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I see I have stumbled in another Dak thread. I will see myself out.

Some exciting games this week though, to end the season. Honestly wasn't even sure if we would make it here.

Which ones are you excited for, besides the east.

Most of the playoff spots are secure, excluding the 3rd wc in the afc.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Wiki didn't have Fredrick. He must have been a replacement?

And why do you keep acting like the team wins are solely a qb stat? You know that's not true.

And why do you keep ignoring context? It makes you look like you are trying to manipulate.

And do you *honestly* believe Dak wouldn't have crushed the scrubs Dalton did?

You lost all credibility when you said you wanted cam. That is honestly the most stupid argument I have ever heard. Should we take this to mfl gen? Maybe get a poll? So the entire world can tell you how dumb that statement is?

I NEVER said I wanted Cam.  I said Cam at $1M + $30M in other players is better than just Dak at $31M.  Obviously cam has a better winning % than Dak did this year. Cam, while winning more than Dak, did so with a ton of nobodies on offense.  Seriously, there’s not an offensive skill player on the patriots roster that would even get playing time in Dallas.  Paying Dak $31M this year did nothing but hurt the team.  If the cowboys somehow make the playoffs it will be because of Andy dalton did what Dak couldn’t... and did it for $28M less.

Edited by The_Slamman

40 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are silly. WINS ARE NOT A QB STAT!

So why exactly is Dak being paid $31M if not to win?  What other player on the team is more responsible for wins and losses?  If wins are not a QB stat, shouldn’t we shop for bargains at the QB position and bolster the entire TEAM?  Cause right now the cowboys are winning more with a $3M QB than they did with a $31M QB.  If it’s really about the betterment of the TEAM... Dak’s either has to be paid on a team friendly deal or he’s gotta go.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

So why exactly is Dak being paid $31M if not to win?  What other player on the team is more responsible for wins and losses?  If wins are not a QB stat, shouldn’t we shop for bargains at the QB position and bolster the entire TEAM?  Cause right now the cowboys are winning more with a $3M QB than they did with a $31M QB.  If it’s really about the betterment of the TEAM... Dak’s either has to be paid on a team friendly deal or he’s gotta go.

You are being purposely dense just to be combative. Congrats, you think Dalton beating a bottom 3 team with a back up QB is a great feat... while shaming a QB that gave us the lead against a top 3 NFC team with minutes to go.

Its the most stupid thing I have ever read. But we dont have to agree on everything. 

Daks not going awywhere. Maybe you should? You said you were switching to the Raiders. Id hate for you to suffer through top 10 QB play when you be looking at Mark Davis's haircut. 

11 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Once Dallas is eliminated.....assuming that happens, I’m hopping on board the Bills bandwagon. That’s an impressive team, with a fun offense. Allen isn’t getting nearly enough MVP hype. He’s just as deserving as Mahomes or Rogers  

Diggs was the best off season acquisition.  Bills are the real deal.  I don't think anyone wants to play them.

All this QB talk and how it equates to wins. 

Let's try this on. Did anyone notice that when Fletcher Cox went out of the game Dallas's offense caught fire?

The running game featured Zeke for 105.

The passing game had multiple 100 yard receivers.

The QB threw for almost 400 yards.

Funny how a dominant DT has THAT much impact on an entire defense.

But let's keep drafting DBs high in our next draft. - sorry, had to throw that one out there.

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

All this QB talk and how it equates to wins. 

Let's try this on. Did anyone notice that when Fletcher Cox went out of the game Dallas's offense caught fire?

The running game featured Zeke for 105.

The passing game had multiple 100 yard receivers.

The QB threw for almost 400 yards.

Funny how a dominant DT has THAT much impact on an entire defense.

But let's keep drafting DBs high in our next draft. - sorry, had to throw that one out there.

5 of the 6 CBs making at least $15M/yr (Ramsey, Humphrey, White, Slay, Jones, and Howard) are on teams slated to make the playoffs. The two teams paying their Top 2 CBs at least $14M/yr (Baltimore and Miami), more than Dallas pays its entire starting secondary, have better defenses than this team could dream of.

But keep raging as this team drafts a decent #2 corner in the second round roughly every 3-4 years. It's clearly their biggest inhibitor as a franchise.

Edited by matt79511