AFC stacked with young QB talent

notthatbluestuff

34 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

Don't understand this logic. Even if all of the AFC QB's turn into studs, they all have to face each other for 1 AFC SB berth.

There's no garuntee that the AFC QB will be better than the NFC one, and additionally it's not the NBA where having the best player on the field/court is a big advantage. The Team matters.

The 49ers had a very significant QB disadvantage in Feb and that game was damn close for example. Tom Brady lost a superbowl to Nick Foles.......

To be fair i said could be a long time. Meaning that AFC should be favored for a while. Obviously upsets happen.

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Saints and Bucs have no chance to win the Super Bowl....? They are the two most balanced teams in the entire NFL. Last time I checked Saints were 3rd in Offense and 4th in Defense while Bucs were 7th in Offense and 3rd in Defense. 

I’ll be honest with you i don’t see either of those teams getting past the packers or Seattle.  I’m not saying they couldn’t but i would take GB or SEA over both of the south teams right now.

Just now, bigbadbuff said:

I’ll be honest with you i don’t see either of those teams getting past the packers or Seattle.  I’m not saying they couldn’t but i would take GB or SEA over both of the south teams right now.

Interesting. Seattle is way too inconsistent for me and had one of the easiest schedules in the league. 

Since Seattle has a real shot at the #1 seed, I would not be surprised at all to see them in the CCG. However, I fully expect the NFC Super Bowl Representative to be one of: Green Bay, Tampa Bay, or New Orleans. 

3 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

You have (going around by division, not listing them in order of quality) Mahomes, Herbert, Lamar, Mayfield, Burrow, Allen, Tua, and Watson even before adding (in all likelihood) Lawrence and possibly, maybe Fields. That's not even mentioning Tannehill (who's great but we can't exactly call him young) and Carr.

In the NFC, the top guys are either vets (Wilson, Rodgers... Ryan?) or, let's call them advanced vets (Brady, Brees). Kyler Murray and Dak are the only ones that really fit into that exciting young QB category. We'll see how Hurts does going forward, could be one to watch. 

A lot can change in a year (opinions on any number of these guys could change dramatically in a short time) but is the AFC the place to be when it comes to the most exciting QB matchups? Year after year, some of these players will inevitably have to miss out on the playoffs. 

Well, thats kinda due to the AFC having bottom feeders and getting top picks.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Interesting. Seattle is way too inconsistent for me and had one of the easiest schedules in the league. 

Since Seattle has a real shot at the #1 seed, I would not be surprised at all to see them in the CCG. However, I fully expect the NFC Super Bowl Representative to be one of: Green Bay, Tampa Bay, or New Orleans. 

Seattle is inconsistent but Tampa isn’t? I get NO, great roster but I’m worried that Brees being physically limited will rear its head 

Edited by bigbadbuff

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Seattle is inconsistent but Tampa isn’t? I get NO, great roster but I’m worried that Brees being physically limited will rear its head 

Tampa has had a way tougher schedule. Their losses have all been likely playoff teams. Seattle will no-show both good and bad teams. And Seattles Offense looks totally flat lately. Their defense is coming together, but I wouldn’t trust Ken Norton Jr. in the playoffs for a second. He’s horrendous and has no clue what he’s doing. 

Also, roster wise, Tampa is built to win the Super Bowl, on both sides of the ball. Seattles defense needs a ton of work, and that talent discrepancy will show in the playoffs. 

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Not true. Allen, Mahomes, Watson, Lamar, etc...who are widely considered the best of the young QBs all went to teams who were not bottom feeders when drafted. 

36 minutes ago, August4th said:

when these teams have to start giving out big QB contracts >>>>>

and the steelers get cap space back when ben leaves >>>>>>>

Another key point.

It's unlikely even 1 of these QBs will be good enough (elite, generational types) to keep a team a SB contender on an enormous contract, much less multiple of them.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

wtf?

NFC has swung and missed on a lot more top QB in the draft 

Not the AFCs fault that Trubs busted, Wentz fell apart, Goff is average, Rosen failed, Jones is tbd, and Haskins is cut

AFC did most of their damage with players outside of the top 5 (Mahomes, Watson, Josh Allen, Lamar, Herbert)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Another key point.

It's unlikely even 1 of these QBs will be good enough (elite, generational types) to keep a team a SB contender on an enormous contract, much less multiple of them.

I agree in general that its a REALLY dangerous thing to be paying a QB in that 15-20% of cap range

But these guys ARE head and shoulders above their peers (several of them anyways)

15 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

wtf?

NFC has swung and missed on a lot more top QB in the draft 

Not the AFCs fault that Trubs busted, Wentz fell apart, Goff is average, Rosen failed, Jones is tbd, and Haskins is cut

AFC did most of their damage with players outside of the top 5 (Mahomes, Watson, Josh Allen, Lamar, Herbert)

AFC sucks and you know it. 

(im trolling)

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think this is limited to AFC Teams

NFC: Jameis Winston (1)

AFC: Marcus Mariota (2)

NFC: Jared Goff (1), Carson Wentz (2)

AFC: Paxton Lynch (26)

NFC: Mitch Trubisky (2)

AFC: Patrick Mahomes (10), DeShaun Watson (12)

NFC: Josh Rosen (10)

AFC: Baker Mayfield (1), Sam Darnold (3), Josh Allen (7), Lamar Jackson (32)

NFC: Kyler Murray (1), Daniel Jones (6), Dwayne Haskins (15)

AFC: None

NFC: Jordan Love (26)

AFC: Joe Burrow (1), Tua (5), Herbert (6)

Overall

NFC: 1,1,1,2,2,6,10, 15, 26

AFC: 1,1,2,3,5,6,7,10,12, 26, 32

NFC has selected 5 QBs with top 2 picks, AFC has selected 3 QBs with top 2 picks

NFC has selected 7 QBs with top 10 picks, AFC has selected 8 QBs with top 10 picks

AFC has just done a much better job: Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Jackson have all put up All-Pro caliber seasons while Goff and Wentz have faded.

It's pretty ridiculous when broken down like that. Overall, the NFC needs to get their ish together, and the AFC is going to be a pain to get through.