Week 17 - Rams vs Cardinals

RamRod

5 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

It was a comment jrry made yesterday about not valuing someone's twitter takes cause they dont have his "experience". You liked that comment. Therefore, I made the assumption.

And I promise you I have 0 desire to gain the credibility with the 4 like minded posters on this forum. I prefer to be on this side by myself cause I value reading other opinions and takes. I need to see others perspectives (rams and non rams fans). And I like to read articles with new information instead of just saying "nothing will changed my mind. Goff is our best option". Not that you said that, but others have. I'm good on this side 👍

Again, jrry not valuing someone's opinion on Twitter because he believes he has more valuable experience does not equate to him dismissing it strictly because it was found on Twitter. You're just twisting these things into what you want them to be.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

It was a comment jrry made yesterday about not valuing someone's twitter takes cause they dont have his "experience". You liked that comment. Therefore, I made the assumption.

I should be more clear. It has nothing to do with Twitter. Your take isn't going to change my mind. Jon's take isn't going to change my mind. Lunatic's take isn't going to change my mind. You said you could post a bunch of people from Twitter who agree with you. What I was telling you is that they wouldn't change my mind. You could post a bunch of Facebook or FF takes, and they also wouldn't change my mind.

There are a handful of people I trust to have actually watched the Rams and would lend credence to their opinion because of their knowledge of the game (Dan Orlovsky being one). If they were all saying Wolford is better than Goff, I'd go back and rewatch to reconsider my take. It's not about disrespect. It's about me having two eyes and having watched the same game everybody else did. I have a lot of experience in football and trust what I see. That doesn't mean I'm always right, but it does mean that I'm not easily swayed by people disagreeing with me.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

So let me get this straight, with these supposed betting experts we are a bigger underdog with Wolford than Goff and that makes Wolford a better QB? What am I missing here?

Short answer: Vegas felt comfortable putting out a line without knowing who is starting at QB. The difference between Goff and Wolford according to Bill Simmons is 0.5 points. 

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Short answer: Vegas felt comfortable putting out a line without knowing who is starting at QB. The difference between Goff and Wolford according to Bill Simmons is 0.5 points. 

Short response your grasping at straws and reading what you want to in this. Reality is even with his flaws Vegas knows we have a better shot at winning with Goff.

• Like 2

If Goff is healthy, there’s no way Wolford should start. 

Just hope the OL can protect like they did early in the season. 

Goff is an average QB who gives us the best shot at winning. While Wolford is better than Goff at some things, he’s still a below average QB

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

If Goff is healthy, there’s no way Wolford should start. 

Just hope the OL can protect like they did early in the season. 

Goff is an average QB who gives us the best shot at winning. While Wolford is better than Goff at some things, he’s still a below average QB

Yeah This whole Goff topic has become such a cancer here lol

I don’t trust Goff right now. He has yet to prove to me that I should trust him. He has played some GREAT games, He has made some GREAT plays, and He has also won some BIG games. However he has proven that he will also fall off a cliff in any given game and sometimes for a stretch of games. Its usually in the later part of the season too. The 17 turnovers is concerning to me, especially since ever since the Miami game he has 13. In the first half of the season he definitely bad more than a couple that were  unfortunate/unlucky picks. 

When Goff is playing well I’d pick the Rams over anyone in the league without hesitation. If he’s healthy, he has to start. The reason I say all that up there ^ is because I definitely am very critical of Goff.. but I know damn well that he’s more than capable. I don’t think Wolford would do better than Goff. If anything there’s an OFF chance he does. At least in my opinion. I liked many things he did and adding another dimension with legs is one of them. I still think the Rams need to start Goff if he can play. His experience in the playoffs is important, his experience vs Seattle is important, and his experience running the offense is important. I wouldn’t trade that with an off chance Wolford would play better. At least that’s how I see it. Who knows he might go off lol never know with him. 

• Like 1