2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Judon saying he wants 20mill per in FA. He can F off for that price. Never has reached 10 sacks. 

LOL!!!!!!! Okay buddy have fun gettimg that and you will be like Clowney sitting at home and Clowney is way better than you. I thnk 10 mil tops for him. I thnk after that see ya. 

Wasn’t Judon tagged last year? If so, his price is where I would expect it to be. He probably won’t get it. But it is not surprising. I expect Dupree to be similar. Pass rushers have traditionally gotten paid. Now it appears that to get paid you need a track record of success. What a novel concept.

I like Henrickson and Okwara as FA DE pickups. My first preference would be Henrickson.  My guess is both will cost $. Assuming we get one of them along with a top WR and iOL, who do you think JD would target at OLB that will not break the bank?

1 minute ago, xrade said:

I like Henrickson and Okwara as FA DE pickups. My first preference would be Henrickson.  My guess is both will cost $. Assuming we get one of them along with a top WR and iOL, who do you think JD would target at OLB that will not break the bank?

I don't see us spending all kinds of money on FA. I think JD will still be wise on the contracts so he does not end up wit a bad contract on the books. 

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't see us spending all kinds of money on FA. I think JD will still be wise on the contracts so he does not end up wit a bad contract on the books. 

i do.  he went the conservative, 1 yr deal route last year to be in this position.  if he plans on drafting QB at 2, he's going out to find a #1 WR and sign a top tier G to help him.

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

This just wont be true. WE have to spend money. Once we cut obvious people... we will have close to 90mill in cap space. So we HAVE TO spend money in FA. 

I don’t think getting a top DE, WR, or iOL will be cap busting moves. If the top tier players we target are going to cost too much, JD will move on. My point is that I think he may target those three positions to get the tier one players and get a few lower tiered players in other areas. After this year I can see JD retaining our own players and lightly dipping into FA to get that one player to fill a hole. He will build through the draft. But I think this year he may splurge a little more.  I am curious as to what lower tiered OLB he may target. 

Jets don't have to spend $$$ on FA but they should.

EDGE, no way we can find Edge at reasonable or cheap price. If Jets want one, they should pay one.

I give a look at Trey Henderickson, Hasson Reddick, Mike Davis, Eric Wilson(first time starter last year), Jarrod Davis (hurt last year), Brandon Scherff, David Andrews or Joe Thuney.

You have to overpay the top end free agents and that is why Ozzie Newsome always targeted tier 2 and 3 free agents because you get similar production at almost half the cost. Douglas operated the same way last year outside of being ready to give Thuney the world(but he's the best/one of the best(top 3)) at his position. 

I would target Reddick personally if we were staying in a 3-4 base but because he's a stand up pass rusher I dont see the fit but he's a guy we could definitely use.

I think Saleh could blend principles with his Seattle/SF scheme by running more 2-4-5 Nickel packages where we use guys like Reddick and an improved Huff as stand up OLB's with Q and JFM pressuring from the middle then in base go 4-3 Under and have Reddick as the LEO(a bit undersized) but with Q, Fatukasi and JFM up front as well you can protect him in the run or play Philips or Basham there in run downs. 

18 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You have to overpay the top end free agents and that is why Ozzie Newsome always targeted tier 2 and 3 free agents because you get similar production at almost half the cost. Douglas operated the same way last year outside of being ready to give Thuney the world(but he's the best/one of the best(top 3)) at his position. 

I would target Reddick personally if we were staying in a 3-4 base but because he's a stand up pass rusher I dont see the fit but he's a guy we could definitely use.

I think Saleh could blend principles with his Seattle/SF scheme by running more 2-4-5 Nickel packages where we use guys like Reddick and an improved Huff as stand up OLB's with Q and JFM pressuring from the middle then in base go 4-3 Under and have Reddick as the LEO(a bit undersized) but with Q, Fatukasi and JFM up front as well you can protect him in the run or play Philips or Basham there in run downs. 

But our FAs didn't perform for us. That's a knock on him. Perriman wasn't good for a tier 2 guy. Jenkins when he came back as a tier 2 guy didn't play good. McGovern didn't play to his previous years level. GVR was a fail. Fant was average.

In his 1st FA period... it was all things considered a below average FA.