2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Saleh spoke about he this isn't just a business and that he will do everything for his players and always be there for them.

I know this sounds absolutely crazy, but could this really get to the point where Watson says trade me to to jets, that's the only place I'll go, I don't care how much money I lose, I'm never playing here again, I'll sit out.

Again, totally crazy but he's already made a lot of money and could continue making money with endorsements regardless of if he's playing or not. 

1 minute ago, mattmanz91 said:

I know this sounds absolutely crazy, but could this really get to the point where Watson says trade me to to jets, that's the only place I'll go, I don't care how much money I lose, I'm never playing here again, I'll sit out.

Again, totally crazy but he's already made a lot of money and could continue making money with endorsements regardless of if he's playing or not. 

I doubt he goes that far and I think when Houston decides to trade him they will first start with us because of the #2 pick and our plethora of draft capital. 

• Like 1

Hopefully, this will end the mass exodus of talent that we have had to endure the last few seasons: the Richardson's, Williams', Adams', Bell's of this world. They likely would want to be a part of this Saleh regime. Hopefully, we can now keep the guys we want to keep. 

Unless I am reading it wrong, Houston would save $21M if Watson is traded pre June 1. I am sure that has to be added to the equation.

Recap:

Watson is unhappy with ownership and FO so much so he wants out without a formal request just yet.

Houston is $18M+ over the cap and Watson would save $21M.

Houston lacking draft picks.

Jets have need and ammo.

Watson “liking” tweets, brother a fan.

Other players advocating for Watson to join Jets.

All in all, my opinion is that the Jets chances of getting Watson have gone up a bit.

Prob would take 3 1st's but its worth it ... tho id give em to em only over 3 years ... #2 this year ... one next year ... and one the year after 

Having a franchise QB would be worth that ... at the very least ... personally I dont think there is anyone who's topping that as an offer especially if Watson says he doesn't wanna go there.

having a great qb and a likable coach ... really should help our organization get other talent without having to overpay.

14 minutes ago, xrade said:

Unless I am reading it wrong, Houston would save $21M if Watson is traded pre June 1. I am sure that has to be added to the equation.

Recap:

Watson is unhappy with ownership and FO so much so he wants out without a formal request just yet.

Houston is $18M+ over the cap and Watson would save $21M.

Houston lacking draft picks.

Jets have need and ammo.

Watson “liking” tweets, brother a fan.

Other players advocating for Watson to join Jets.

All in all, my opinion is that the Jets chances of getting Watson have gone up a bit.

lol... If so, texans would waste no time to trade him..    Left column is for dead money.

14 hours ago, Bianconero said:

I doubt Watson was watching thee presser but funny how Saleh mentions how he develops personal relationships with all of his players and then right after DW Tweets this

You'd be surprised what these players watch. Wouldn't surprise me if he was paying attention to it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Money is the ultimate motivator for most of these players. Makes so much sense to understand that as a coach. 

Play hard=wins wins=checks

True and lets be real its the motivation for nearly all of us. Most of everyone works hard to try and get the next step up for them. And that next step up means more money. Its no different than playing good and getting that next contract. 

• Like 1