2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But our FAs didn't perform for us. That's a knock on him. Perriman wasn't good for a tier 2 guy. Jenkins when he came back as a tier 2 guy didn't play good. McGovern didn't play to his previous years level. GVR was a fail. Fant was average.

In his 1st FA period... it was all things considered a below average FA.

Yeah I agree. Don’t want to hear any b.s about not the right market etc. We scrimped and saved and really had a poor free agency. McGovern, Perriman and Fant were okay but the rest were meh. 

Sometimes going cheap just to save a few quid comes back to bite you. Like for me I think we need to show some intent this year and be aggressive. Doesn’t mean throw money after older has been players but instead look at the 25-28 year olds and pay them well over a 4 year contract. If we have to overspend a few million a year more then so be it. 

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

WILD IDEA- all depends on the price but I don't think it would ever happen or Aaron would like it.

Trade for Rodgers (if it's a day 3 pick) and draft Zack Wilson to study under him.  Would also be a nice F you to Matt going to work for his younger brother.

A day 3 pick for AARON RODGERS?

what are you smoking?

• Like 1

I think FA costs are going to be a little depressed this year. Half the teams can’t afford to spend much if anything. There will also be players cut that would normally not be. So with lack of competition and possibly more inventory, that reeks of a buyers market to me.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

But our FAs didn't perform for us. That's a knock on him. Perriman wasn't good for a tier 2 guy. Jenkins when he came back as a tier 2 guy didn't play good. McGovern didn't play to his previous years level. GVR was a fail. Fant was average.

In his 1st FA period... it was all things considered a below average FA.

Doesn’t matter, it’s not gonna force him to spend more money than he would normally. That’s not how he was taught. Think about this way, Perriman didn’t do well for us but at least he wasn’t on a Trumaine Johnson contract. And before people say Johnson wasn’t good well he was a stud in LA.

It’s also hard to judge receivers with trash Quarterback play.

38 minutes ago, xrade said:

I still do not know JD’s MO. We know he wants to build through the draft. We know he values a good OL. We know he likes draft picks. Beyond that we know little after one highly irregular offseason.

Andy Reid got Alex Smith for Chiefs. Sean Payton got Drew Brees for Saints. Bruce Arians got Carson Palmer for Cardinals. Their offenses showed up.  That is something JD needs to consider as Watson is probably the youngest of them.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Doesn’t matter, it’s not gonna force him to spend more money than he would normally. That’s not how he was taught. Think about this way, Perriman didn’t do well for us but at least he wasn’t on a Trumaine Johnson contract. And before people say Johnson wasn’t good well he was a stud in LA.

It’s also hard to judge receivers with trash Quarterback play.

My point is is that we have money to spend. I agree he’s not one to overspend on a guy that’s not worth it. But he has to know his FA last year didn’t have the return he would have liked. He drafted well. But FA left quite a bit to be desired. Now this year with more money and with a HC to attract players... I expect him to be more aggressive.

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My point is is that we have money to spend. I agree he’s not one to overspend on a guy that’s not worth it. But he has to know his FA last year didn’t have the return he would have liked. He drafted well. But FA left quite a bit to be desired. Now this year with more money and with a HC to attract players... I expect him to be more aggressive.

We’ll see, outside of brining Robby back idk what more he could have done in free agency. We have to remember players always follow the money and teams get creative when they want a guy. So even though we have a lot of money doesn’t mean we’ll get whoever we want. 

32 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If there was one position on each side of the ball you would be okay with going into next season with besides DT and OT which two would you choose? Assuming we bring back key free agents.

That is a hard question. I would say ILB with Mosley and Cashman coming back and ceneter. 

53 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If there was one position on each side of the ball you would be okay with going into next season with besides DT and OT which two would you choose? Assuming we bring back key free agents.

TE and S for me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Bringing Key FA isn't a strong statement for roster.

I would love Slater for LG and JOK for WLB