2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

34 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Jeremy Fowler saying we like JuJu and Will Fuller along with Zach Pascal, seems like we’re going to be very active in the WR Market, still wouldn’t surprise me if we moved on from Crowder to get a more versatile slot weapon I.E. Curtis Samuel or JuJu

We don't need money. It'd be idiotic to cut or trade Crowder when we need offensive talent. I don't think WRs need to be pigeon holed to the slot or outside. Yes some guys do better in certain spots... but you don't sign JuJu and say he cant play on the outside. He has plenty of skill to play on the outside and succeed. Move the best players around to create mismatches. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Becton-Thuney-Linsley-McGovern-Fant

Now thats an OL

I would rather sign just one of Thuney or Linsley and draft iOL on day two. Linsley is 30 and Thuney 29. Not old, but I would prefer we draft a young future 10yr iOL. If we resign Elflein, the young rookie can learn for a year on the sideline or inserted if Elflein or McGovern fail. 

Just now, xrade said:

I would rather sign just one of Thuney or Linsley and draft iOL on day two. Linsley is 30 and Thuney 29. Not old, but I would prefer we draft a young future 10yr iOL. If we resign Elflein, the young rookie can learn for a year on the sideline or inserted if Elflein or McGovern fail. 

We have the money to majorly upgrade our offense this off-season. OL do not age as fast as other positions. A top C and LG combo would do so much for this team. I'm not letting Elflein get in the way of that.

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We have the money to majorly upgrade our offense this off-season. OL do not age as fast as other positions. A top C and LG combo would do so much for this team. I'm not letting Elflein get in the way of that.

It is not so much about Elflein as it is about drafting a young iOL. I just would not prefer 4/5ths of our starting line to be FA’s. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

JuJu, Fuller and Pascal are all what????? Tier 2 WR. 

I like Fuller the most of the 3 but all are very good. 

According to Jeremy Fowler JuJu and Fuller are at the top of our list with Pascal being a tier 2 guy we like alot

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We don't need money. It'd be idiotic to cut or trade Crowder when we need offensive talent. I don't think WRs need to be pigeon holed to the slot or outside. Yes some guys do better in certain spots... but you don't sign JuJu and say he cant play on the outside. He has plenty of skill to play on the outside and succeed. Move the best players around to create mismatches. 

I’m talking about Crowder he’s not good when playing outside and we have to account for Gase’s offense funneling targets to slot WRs. Crowder isn’t stopping me from signing more dynamic guys like JuJu or Samuel and moving on from him 

24 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

According to Jeremy Fowler JuJu and Fuller are at the top of our list with Pascal being a tier 2 guy we like alot

I meant it from the perspective how Douglas targets FA. I think he'll rarely go after the Tier 1 guys(Robinson) and instead attempt to bring him a guy like Fuller, JuJu or Pascal(all a level or 2 below A-Rob)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’m talking about Crowder he’s not good when playing outside and we have to account for Gase’s offense funneling targets to slot WRs. Crowder isn’t stopping me from signing more dynamic guys like JuJu or Samuel and moving on from him 

Crowder is better than both of those guys IMO.

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I meant it from the perspective how Douglas targets FA. I think he'll rarely go after the Tier 1 guys(Robinson) and instead attempt to bring him a guy like Fuller, JuJu or Pascal(all a level or 2 below A-Rob)

Tbh with just the sheer amount of needs we have I would rather go after a bunch of  tier 2 guys

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

I like Corey Davis.  I think he's finally figured it out and would be the ideal partner with MIms on the outside.  I'd be ok moving on from Crowder if we brought in Samuel.  

I’d be happy if we could land Davis and Samuel. And yes in that situation we could think about cutting Crowder. I’d try and trade him Bc we could get something for him. But it would take 2 good WRs in FA and one that is great in the slot like Samuel to move on from Crowder. I guess for me... I just don’t see us signing 2 big guys at WR in FA. I’d love it if we did. I just don’t foresee it happening.