2021 FA and Trade Talks

JetsandI

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Isn't there like, oh I don't know, a middle ground between overpaying for bad contracts and being too frugal?

It seems to me we either get one or the other with this franchise. Not that I am surprised, mind you.

I don't think a GM of one of the worst organizations in professional sports history can just sit back and be patient. I think he has to be aggressive.

But I am but one long-suffering fan, so what do I know?

The thing that has to be realized is if we have another miserable season next year, he will be thrown into a pressure cooker.

Drafting a QB at 2 right now looks like history will repeat itself.

This is turning into a bigger joke than last years FA pick ups. I know this was going to happen. Sure we will get second tier players big deal. Why would any good player want to sign with a team with QB issues and a lousy roster. We could have 180 in cap space, no stars want to come to a 2- 14 team.

4 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

This is turning into a bigger joke than last years FA pick ups. I know this was going to happen. Sure we will get second tier players big deal. Why would any good player want to sign with a team with QB issues and a lousy roster. We could have 180 in cap space, no stars want to come to a 2- 14 team.

And the irony is, we would have been a great landing spot had we gone 0-16 instead of 2-14!

Typical Jets.

29 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

We all knew going into the offseason Douglas isn’t gonna break the bank that’s not his style not to mention we’ve dealt with gm’s in the past who dish out horrible contracts just be patient

Heard that for 10 years. Only year we were half decent we actually brought in players you can play. This same BS has been spouted for years and every time it’s led to mediocrity or worse.  

Just now, drew39k said:

At this point we simply need take Sewell at two or if we believe we can move down to 4 and still get him, do that. Drafting Fields or Wilson and putting them behind this oline is going to ruin them.

If we are keeping Sam then just trade down for a haul because if we will just ‘build through the draft’ we need as many picks as possible. If we do go qb at #2 without addressing the oline then we will be in this never ending cycle. 

Just now, Jag68Sid87 said:

Landing an edge rusher for this franchise is kinda like finding a sexy unicorn for your throuple experience.

Still plenty of talent at the edge and also receiver but time will tell if we can or want any of the top guys.  

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

It’s not like Douglas is whiffing. Guys are signing big money deals with better teams. And how did those teams actually get to the point they’re at? They drafted well. We haven’t. 

Would you pay Thuney and Linsley what they signed? And if yes would you be happy cutting Lewis and GVR and paying those guys $3m extra each to come here? Genuine question because some people online think both those guys were overpaid. Me I think they are worth it but I’d love to know how we’d feel if it was us signing those guys.