The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

On 4/2/2023 at 1:10 PM, Lionized said:

We good to start discussing agreeing to trades, or are we still waiting? 

I don’t think that there is a problem with trades right now. Typically trades occurring around June-July, but I don’t think that there is a downside of doing it. I haven’t yet had confirmation that @HvacRaider and @SaveOurSonics will be returning. They haven’t logged in since January. So I wouldn’t allow a trade to go through if it involved one of those two teams until they confirm they are returning. 

Just some house keeping updates. We are starting to think about a keeper declaration deadline and date to start the draft. Stay tuned there. 

Also, because we have a new manager @NYRaider and there are a few rules changes kicking in this year, I wanted to clarify a few things.

- The flex position is becoming a SuperFlex position. So there will NOT be an increase in the number of starting players/week. 

- There will NOT be an increase in keepers (12 total)

- There will be a cap of two QB keepers, and an active roster max of three QBs. So, going into the draft if you have 2 QB keepers, you may draft 1 QB. If you have 1 QB keeper, you can draft 2 QBs. 

- There will be a slight reduction in QB scoring compared to last year  

- The IR spots must be vacated at some time before the draft, so it makes adding players to rosters easier. 

- We will be changing the draft from 6 to 5 rounds. So with twelve keepers and five draft rounds, each team will consist of 17 players after the draft

@WE-R-Lions @winitall @Bigbear72 @deathstar @HvacRaider @JaguarCrazy2832 @Oregon Ducks @Sllim Pickens

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 2

1.01 is on the block for anyone wanting to throw the bag at it. I would like to wait till after the nfl draft to make a decision on it. 

QBs Goff, Wentz, White, Ridder 

RBs Harris, Akers, Edwards, Hines, Haskins

WR Juju, Lockett, Watson, Agholor, OBJ, Bell Marshall

TE Thomas Fant Hurst 

All are available. 

• Like 1

Major Shootout

Players & draft Pk's Available for trade:

QB's: SF Trey Lance, LV Jimmy Garoppolo, Was Sam Howell

RB's: SF Christian McCaffrey, Phi Rashaad Penny, Ezekiel Elliott, Atl Cordarrelle Patterson

WR's: Ari DeAndre Hopkins, Cin Tyler Boyd, Min K.J. Osborn, Hou Nico Collins

TE: NO Juwan Johnson

Draft Pk's: 1.09, 2.09, 4.07, 4.09, 5.08

Looking for player & / or draft pk upgrade.

Edited by WE-R-Lions
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 2:51 PM, WE-R-Lions said:

@sammymvpknight & I have decided to use the NFL Draft weekend as the deadline for all GM to check-in moving forward. Any GM that hasn't checked in at that point will be replaced. 

This year, only @HvacRaiderhas not checked in.

I feel like that is relatively early to be replacing people.  Albeit people who are active should be checked in by then but also some are not active until fantasy season starts which typically is in July.  If we know by July 1 if someone is in or out, we have a month to replace them and that is plenty.  Not sure why these are starting so early this year when people aren't even active in the forum and they never have been restarted this early in the past.  

On 4/10/2023 at 9:52 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I feel like that is relatively early to be replacing people.  Albeit people who are active should be checked in by then but also some are not active until fantasy season starts which typically is in July.  If we know by July 1 if someone is in or out, we have a month to replace them and that is plenty.  Not sure why these are starting so early this year when people aren't even active in the forum and they never have been restarted this early in the past.  

I have no desire to replace managers. But with that said, I think that July 1 is late. It’s not about replacing a manager it’s about replacing him/her with a good manager. Not someone who is going to sign up for 10 different leagues because they like to draft (and subsequently orphan their teams) or those that impulsively sign up for a team at the last minute in a whim. Managers who are looking to add a league are often looking right now. By the time July rolls around the majority of those owners won’t be looking. Also, ideally this would be an active league, not just during the draft but before and after the draft. There are many leagues who are currently trading assets right now in preparation of the upcoming fantasy season, and that simply cannot happen when we don’t even know who the managers are. 

I’ll discuss the possibility of pushing back the check in date, but I don’t think it’ll be July. Ideally we’d get through the NFL draft, as that is often a trigger to remind people that they are a part of a dynasty league. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

I have no desire to replace managers. But with that said, I think that July 1 is late. It’s not about replacing a manager it’s about replacing him/her with a good manager. Not someone who is going to sign up for 10 different leagues because they like to draft (and subsequently orphan their teams) or those that impulsively sign up for a team at the last minute in a whim. Managers who are looking to add a league are often looking right now. By the time July rolls around the majority of those owners won’t be looking. Also, ideally this would be an active league, not just during the draft but before and after the draft. There are many leagues who are currently trading assets right now in preparation of the upcoming fantasy season, and that simply cannot happen when we don’t even know who the managers are. 

I’ll discuss the possibility of pushing back the check in date, but I don’t think it’ll be July. Ideally we’d get through the NFL draft, as that is often a trigger to remind people that they are a part of a dynasty league. 

You can find potential replacements now, but give someone a break and not replace them officially until July. Especially when they have been one of those better owners and been here for a while.  

And the trading done now is between about 3 teams.  If we waited until after the NFL draft at least, people would be more active and working on their team but fantasy football is out of the minds of 80% of fantasy players right now.  You can't even sign up for new Fantasy football leagues until July on any site so its not in the minds of people right now.  And yes the league should be active pre draft to after the season but there is no reason to be active right now, and since nobody has ever had to be active in a fantasy football league in April, most of the teams don't check in here regularly this time of year.  There just is absolutely zero benefit to starting this early and in the other league led to mix ups on previous trades because again, some of the members arent checking in here.  Its crazy IMO to be pushing this at this time.  

26 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

You can find potential replacements now, but give someone a break and not replace them officially until July. Especially when they have been one of those better owners and been here for a while.  

And the trading done now is between about 3 teams.  If we waited until after the NFL draft at least, people would be more active and working on their team but fantasy football is out of the minds of 80% of fantasy players right now.  You can't even sign up for new Fantasy football leagues until July on any site so its not in the minds of people right now.  And yes the league should be active pre draft to after the season but there is no reason to be active right now, and since nobody has ever had to be active in a fantasy football league in April, most of the teams don't check in here regularly this time of year.  There just is absolutely zero benefit to starting this early and in the other league led to mix ups on previous trades because again, some of the members arent checking in here.  Its crazy IMO to be pushing this at this time.  

HVAC has been here one season. I hope we don’t need to replace him/her. But serious managers are going to start caring about their dynasty team by the end of the NFL draft. That’s not the minority…that’s the majority. We have 11 out of 12 managers currently accounted for. That’s certainly not the minority. We have already recruited one team manager for this league, and that is one less manager that will be seeking our a spot in Freaks league or one of the many other available leagues come July. 

I personally don’t like having to recruit people a month before our draft. Certainly, we could waitlist potential managers but typically managers have a finite amount of leagues that they want to participate, and waiting that long risks losing good potential managers. I personally think that if a manager doesn’t show by June…they are unlikely to show. Especially if they do not frequent this forum. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

HVAC has been here one season. I hope we don’t need to replace him/her. But serious managers are going to start caring about their dynasty team by the end of the NFL draft. That’s not the minority…that’s the majority. We have 11 out of 12 managers currently accounted for. That’s certainly not the minority. We have already recruited one team manager for this league, and that is one less manager that will be seeking our a spot in Freaks league or one of the many other available leagues come July. 

I personally don’t like having to recruit people a month before our draft. Certainly, we could waitlist potential managers but typically managers have a finite amount of leagues that they want to participate, and waiting that long risks losing good potential managers. I personally think that if a manager doesn’t show by June…they are unlikely to show. Especially if they do not frequent this forum. 

My Bad, HVAC has been in multiple leagues I have been in and always is active and involved.  And just because people checked in when you tag them here, it doesn't mean they are checking in regularly to see activity or who has something for trade because its not that time of year.  

And as I said, I am sure we can talk to people and tell them we might have a spot and have a few people ready to go if needed.  I just don't get why this is an issue when we have never started this early and never had issues with filling slots.  Just seems like an excessive change when litterally no other league is starting now or has any discussion in the threads other than Phreaks which has many of the same players.  

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

My Bad, HVAC has been in multiple leagues I have been in and always is active and involved.  And just because people checked in when you tag them here, it doesn't mean they are checking in regularly to see activity or who has something for trade because its not that time of year.  

And as I said, I am sure we can talk to people and tell them we might have a spot and have a few people ready to go if needed.  I just don't get why this is an issue when we have never started this early and never had issues with filling slots.  Just seems like an excessive change when litterally no other league is starting now or has any discussion in the threads other than Phreaks which has many of the same players.  

There are TONS of leagues that have started by now. Perhaps not the 2 or so other leagues on this forum... I believe in being transparent with achievable and reasonable expectations. 11 out of 12 teams have checked in. I’m not in a hurry to kick anyone out of the league. We have sent numerous messages to HVAC, including a different email account not linked to this forum. It’s not like we aren’t trying. But there will be an expectation that managers will check in within a reasonable amount of time. For the many reasons listed, I don’t believe that July is reasonable. I’m not opposed to a date set later than the one set by We-R-Lions, and it’s something that we are discussing.  

We-R-Lions and I aren’t getting anything out of this. We have put in a ton of work to make sure that this was a functional league while it was circling the drain when USMC went AWOL. We aren’t asking much…we just ask that our managers check-in and they update their team. It’s really not THAT hard