BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

10 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Nah it is but you're looking the other way. Like 50% to 60% double teaming isn't a huge difference, where as 10 to 20% pass rush win rate is double. Yet in terms of distance apart on the graph, they're the same.

Like someone from a quick glance might see Armon Watts hanging in the top right quadrant with a seemingly high double team rate, but reallh Quinnen Williams is much more effective since he wins twice as much even if he's double teamed a bit less in % terms.

I think you objectively do not understand how graphs work.

He's graphing players who are doubled between 0-70% of the time. None of those players are winning more than 30% of their pass rush snaps (and apart from a big outlier in Aaron Donald, none of them are winning more than around 25%). I don't know how you could argue anyone would think Watts has a high win rate when the graph very clearly shows that he does not regardless of how often he's double teamed.

Edited by Blue

Unrelated shower thought: Daniel Jones is just the other New York team's version of Mark Sanchez. Plenty of physical talent, awful football IQ, can't take care of the ball to save his life taken to genuinely comical heights.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Blue said:

Unrelated shower thought: Daniel Jones is just the other New York team's version of Mark Sanchez. Plenty of physical talent, awful football IQ, can't take care of the ball to save his life taken to genuinely comical heights.

Not exactly what I think about in the shower but that’s okay buddy!

200.gif

• Like 2

15 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Been a brutal year for BDL injuries. Feels like its gonna be who's healthiest in December the way things are going.

*Glass shatters*

steve austin wrestling GIF by WWE

”Wait a minute is that…it is!!! It’s Cancun’s music!!!!!”

stone cold wrestling GIF by WWE

• Like 1