BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Rice is going to be good for the Titans in a year after Rashaan does the annual "Titans don't pick up a 1st rounder's 5th year option so he has a career year and signs elsewhere".

Yeah you’re sure hoping for that 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Rice is going to be good for the Titans in a year after Rashaan does the annual "Titans don't pick up a 1st rounder's 5th year option so he has a career year and signs elsewhere".

It was between Rice and Barnes for me but I have a couple of LBs that are Rice's size already so I went with the younger bigger guy that also has a good spot in Detroit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I'd love for Evans to do that, but right now based on what he's shown, he's not worth the money for that 5th year, unlike CD who I felt would be worth keeping around. Brown also only resigned for a year, so I could see Rice stepping up and getting playing time if not significantly now, then at least good future potential.

They also did it for Conklin.  

But yeah, based on last year, Rashaan wasn't worth >9 mil.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Yeah you’re sure hoping for that 

Obviously.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

It was between Rice and Barnes for me but I have a couple of LBs that are Rice's size already so I went with the younger bigger guy that also has a good spot in Detroit.

I like both and debated them when I went McGrone, but felt McGrone had more upside in coverage.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

They also did it for Conklin.  

But yeah, based on last year, Rashaan wasn't worth >9 mil.

Yep; that was a bad decision as well given how much we've been investing into the RT position since.

1 minute ago, WFLukic said:

Difference between Conklin and Evans is Conklin was actually good then got injured. Evans was never good.

Evans is absolutely a goal line monster. But outside of that... it's been less than desireable at best.