BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

An UDFA in PFA, interesting choice. Does anybody know if that's happened before? I would think it probably has but is rare.

Not sure. I'd rather do that than draft a guy in rounds 1-7 who goes undrafted for sure. At least I know the team fit.

• Like 2

You guys remember when Jlash kept questioning people about saying they wanted their safeties to land in Baltimore. Then just took, intentionally, a safety that landed in Baltimore.  Bcb remembers 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I have a 5-6 hour golf outing coming up.   Hope I can get this last pick in before it starts.

Drop me a board if you want before you go, I'll be around most of the day

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

You guys remember when Jlash kept questioning people about saying they wanted their safeties to land in Baltimore. Then just took, intentionally, a safety that landed in Baltimore.  Bcb remembers 

I asked Pheltz why he hoped a high pick of his would go to a team with two established starters. I don't care if Washington sits for a while. It's a PFA pick.

So I went back and looked to see how many undrafted guys were taken during PFA solely out of curiosity. Something to note: 2012 - 2014 there were 4 rounds of PFA. And if I remember correctly they were done where it was sent like a big board and then handled from there.

Chicago Ditkas - Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford (2nd pass)
Cuban Smugglers - Nicolas Jean-Baptiste, INT, Baylor (4th pass)
Cuban Smugglers - Lucas Nix, OG, Pittsburgh (3rd pass)
Rhein Fire - Eric Page, WR, Toledo (4th pass)

Boston Berserkers - Lawrence Okoye, INT, England (3rd pass)

Got rid of what was called at the time the "UDFA Scramble," it seems due to that year's expansion

2015 - Present
None

So in the 2 round PFA era, there has never been an undrafted player selected...until now. Jlash and Ar'Darius Washington making history.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

So I went back and looked to see how many undrafted guys were taken during PFA solely out of curiosity. Something to note: 2012 - 2014 there were 4 rounds of PFA. And if I remember correctly they were done where it was sent like a big board and then handled from there.

That is correct.  We sent in a BB in the same manner we do waivers.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

You still think he's going to be good?

You went full on inflammatory blue mode with "OMG BRYANT ISNT EVEN DRAFTABLE IRL LET ALONE BDL!!!". I just liked him, think he's gonna be ok. You made the claims.

• Like 1