BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Funnily enough, there's a 7th round guy that I desperately want and even considered taking here in PFA.

I also have a 7th round guy that I desperately want and had as my next guy if Hainsey and Dalman went....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I remember back at the beginning of the offseason when I actually had cap space. Better times.

I think more people will be bumping up on the roster limit versus cap space this year.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

My FA list is 30 players. I have a problem. I think it will be the wild west with everyone having so much Cap space.

6 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I think more people will be bumping up on the roster limit versus cap space this year.

Like 3-4 teams are going to dominate Shark Tank.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Cancun isn't going to use their final 3 Down, so if you'd like to get rid of a guy from your roster, lemme know

OT Morgan Moses is also on the trade block, come get 'em

I think I may have a solution to both of those issues

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

I mean hit me up with a trade offer then

I meant you could 3 down Moses if you're desperate to get rid of him

Fun memory: I remember you being a huge critic of Moses and I drafted him that year. Now you've taken over my old team and he's still on that roster. Poetic.

• Like 1

BDL Free Agency is in about a month. So for those not familiar we break if down into 3 weeks and you can only bid on players of a particular type each week. There are some other rules about outbidding others for players that will be posted in the Threads but is also in the Guideline if you would like a preview.

Unrestricted Free Agents (UFA)

BDL Free Agency occurs much later than the NFL because we like it that way. BDL Free Agency starts at the end of May/Early June. This gives time for all the contracts to settle down and also teams to add those last few pieces they need for the upcoming year.

The 2021 FA Schedule (on a rotating basis)

1. RB/TE/WR/FB - Skill Players Week

2. OL/QB - The Essentials Week 

3. DB/DL/LB - Defense Week 

Basic Rules

• Free Agent Deals and Extensions can range from 2 to 5 years.

• If a multiple year contract the lowest yearly salary is $501

• A team’s active bids may not exceed the salary cap.

• In FA a player will continue to be bid on until 48 hours has elapsed from the previous bid. The initial bid has to be within the week of that position groups free agency period. 

If an offer stands for 48 hours without a new bid then that player will automatically be signed by the winning team and locked on to your roster for the current year. You cannot take a bid back so please bid accordingly and make sure you have the cap space. Please try not to edit your posts as we will be using the timestamp for bid verification. If you do edit your edit time will be the official start time of the bid.

The League Minimum is $501 per year. In FA a player will continue to be bid on until 48 hours has elapsed from the previous bid. The initial bid has to be within the week of that position groups free agency period. 

•  Any bids on FA players must be a minimum of 2 years. 
  • Any bid on a player has to maintain a 50% basis of their real life salary

• To be a 4 year contract, salary has to be greater than $1,500

• To be a 5 year contract, salary has to be greater than $2,000 and maintain a 60% basis of their real life salary.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, rackcs said:

An UDFA in PFA, interesting choice. Does anybody know if that's happened before? I would think it probably has but is rare.

If you’re going to draft one and gamble on him in PFA Washington sure is a fun one to pick.

• Like 3