Worst Power 5 Schools?

Danger

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Give me your Bottom 5 or so schools from Power 5 schools for not only this season but in terms of recent years and upcoming seasons.

I can only think of two schools that really stand out to me. Kansas and Rutgers.

Vanderbilt, Oregon St, Syracuse, Virginia, Boston College, Illinois, Indiana

1 hour ago, Supersuavesky said:

Illinois is at least playing it smart and Vandy has shown some flashes of improvement.

The others? Yeah, hot garbage. 

Virginia is also playing better, but I just went with teams I don't hear much from or haven't heard anything from in years.  Northwestern, Purdue, Kentucky have a decent year every so often so I left them off.

22 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Until recently I would have had Texas at the top of that list. Absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be dominant year in and year out with their resources.

Remains to be seen what Herman can and will do.

I don't think you understand the question. It's not most underachieving, it's the worst. And Texas is nowhere near the worst.

20 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Doesn't Indiana have the most losses in college football history? They gotta be up there

Yeah but they aren't necessarily one of the worst teams in recent memory and for the upcoming years.

Rutgers 2016 - 

Penn State - 39-0
Michigan State - 49-0
Ohio State - 58-0
Michigan - 78-0

In the past 3 seasons, they've beaten 3 FBS schools.

New Mexico
Indiana
Kansas, the other worst school in the Power 5.

57 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Yeah but Rutgers had some decent seasons in the Schiano years and even went 5-1 in bowl games under him. 

The mid-2000s were ridiculous as far as WTF goes. I mean, Purdue was 5-0 and the #5 team in the nation at one point in 2004. Rutgers was 9-0 and #7 in the nation at one point in 2006. South Florida was 6-0 and the #2 team in the nation in 2007. That very same year, Kansas (yes Kansas) was 11-0 and the #2 team in the nation. Also, that very same year, Missouri was #1 in the nation and playing for a shot at the National title in the Big 12 Championship game. Yet again, that very same wonderful 2007 season, the Boston College Golden Eagles were 8-0 and the #2 team in the nation. I think it's safe to say that the mid-2000s, especially 2007, simply don't count towards reality. 

9 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I think it's safe to say that the mid-2000s, especially 2007, simply don't count towards reality. 

Yeah, pretty much this about 2007.

I remember as a die-hard OSU fan VERY excited since we just beat UM and were headed to the ROSE BOWL, ranked #7 in the nation. Then, the unthinkable happened, and SIX ranked teams ahead of them LOST, OSU moved up to #1, and was playing a 2 loss LSU team in the National Title Game. OSU deserved all the hate they got in 2006 after getting EMBARRASSED against Florida, but that 2007 year they overachieved and were beaten by 14 in a game that they never should have been in due to a host of others choking in the final week of the season.

Archived