Mock draft thread

Ftn49

My latest and best mock so far using pfn mock draft simulator cos it lets you have free trades. 

We trade 12, 102 next years 1st for pick 7 from Detroit. 

JLaw and fields went 1 and 2 in mock. 

7. Zach Wilson QB BYU

We trade 43, 156 and next years 5th for 49, 91 

49. Asante Samuel Jr. CB Florida State

91. Patrick Jones EDGE Pitt

117. Aaron Banks OG Notre Dame

154. Daelin Hayes EDGE Notre Dame 

173. Jose Borregales K Miami (FL)

182. Robert Hainsey OG Notre Dame

196. Tariq Thompson S San Diego State

228. Josh Ball OT Marshall

238. Ben Skowronek WR Notre Dame

Abit heavy on Notre Dame players but they were best available at that point plus i think Daelin at 154 is a steal. 

• Like 1

I started messing around with the PFF version just to have some fun. In the first one, Lance was available at 12 and Denver offered me #40 and their first round pick in 2022 and 2023 and I couldn't say no to that. Totally screwed the rest of my draft though because I was out of sorts. The thing that really threw me off was their draft prospect rankings though. I drafted guys earlier only to find much better values later on and it was kind of annoying. That's why you'll see some weird double ups here. Also, not going to lie...by the end, I had forgotten what guys I had already drafted and I ended up with like a million edge guy 

#40 - Gregory Rousseau 

#43 - Sam Cosmi 

#102 - Jalen Mayfield. I already took one tackle, but Mayfield is likely RT exclusive, so he's more likely a replacement ofr McG. Not sure how I pass him up this low when I think a lot of people expect him to go in round 2. 

#117 - Quinn Meinerz, G/C, Wisconsin - Whitewater. Living on that senior bowl hype. 

#156 - Daelin Hayes, EDGE, ND

#173 - Nico Collins, WR, UM 

#182 - Josh Myers, C, OSU. So yeah, this one threw me off when I saw him here. Meinerz plays both Center and Guard (played a lot of guard at senior bowl) so I don't think that this is a straight double up, but not sure how you bypass Myers here. 

#196 - Keith Taylor, CB, UW. He's very tall. This was probably the toughest part about this draft was finding where to grab a CB. This is definitely too late, but I do have a much higher grade on Taylor (especially for us if we continue to run a similar cover schemes). 

#228 - Trey Dean III, CB/S, UF. Good physical traits. May end up being a safety though, not sure. 

#238 - Shaka Toney, EDGE, PSU. Another edge player. He would actually be a really good fit with Kocurek, to be honest. 

• Like 4

On 2/14/2021 at 3:02 AM, Aussie9er said:

My latest and best mock so far using pfn mock draft simulator cos it lets you have free trades. 

We trade 12, 102 next years 1st for pick 7 from Detroit. 

JLaw and fields went 1 and 2 in mock. 

7. Zach Wilson QB BYU

We trade 43, 156 and next years 5th for 49, 91 

49. Asante Samuel Jr. CB Florida State

91. Patrick Jones EDGE Pitt

117. Aaron Banks OG Notre Dame

154. Daelin Hayes EDGE Notre Dame 

173. Jose Borregales K Miami (FL)

182. Robert Hainsey OG Notre Dame

196. Tariq Thompson S San Diego State

228. Josh Ball OT Marshall

238. Ben Skowronek WR Notre Dame

Abit heavy on Notre Dame players but they were best available at that point plus i think Daelin at 154 is a steal. 

I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY like this draft. Wilson, Sam Jr, Jones, Hayes, Hainsey AND Skowronek?! 🤩🥰

I just did a mock with trades on TDN, and it turned out really well. There were a bunch of trades, too much detail to list here.

#6: Justin Fields, QB Ohio State - I was able to pull off a trade with the Eagles to move up and take Fields. The deal, surprisingly, was very favorable to us. It cost me a 1st, 4th, 5th, 2022 1st, and 2022 3rd. I couldn't say no to that.

#64: Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, Syracuse - I'm extremely intrigued by his size (6'3), his athleticism, and his talent in zone defense. I feel pretty good about him being an immediate contributor to our defense.

#95: Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson - I was all set to take Dazz Newsome later in the draft, but Rodgers was sitting here and I had to pull the trigger. He fits so well into our scheme that he should be an immediate contributor out of the slot.

#111: Patrick Jones, EDGE, Pitt - I really wanted Jason Oweh or Hamilcar Rashed earlier in the draft, but couldn't make it happen. Jones is near the top of my list for EDGE rushers, so I was happy to get him here. I think he could make an early impact on all downs.

#126: Tariq Thompson, S/CB, San Diego State - This was a BPA pick for me. I really like what I'm learning about Thompson, so I was happy to snag him here. He's pretty similar to what Jimmie Ward was billed as coming into the draft - a safety/nickle corner hybrid with great instincts. He's a nice insurance/depth piece for our secondary.

#157: Shaka Toney, EDGE, Penn State - This was a "want" pick for me. He excels in the wide-9 and is a very athletic pass rusher. I don't know how immediate his impact could be, but he's tailor-made for our defense.

#182: Divine Deablo, S, VT - So, I wasn't planning on taking him, but for some reason he was auto-drafted for me and I couldn't stop it in time. I'm not sure why that happened. But, I don't hate the pick. He's a developmental hybrid safety and could blossom into a back-end enforcer with range and great ball skills.

#185: Drake Jackson, IOL, Kentucky - My plan was to take both Jake Anderson and Drake Jackson. I missed out on Anderson because of the auto-pick at 182. I really like both of these guys as C/G options for the future. I think Jackson will be nice depth now and could blossom into a starter somewhere along the IOL in a few years.

#194: Khalil Herbert, RB, VT - This is guy right here. Watching him play this year was like watching Mostert in the playoffs last year. He's not as fast as Mostert, but the cuts, the vision, the burst through the holes - it's there. And, he's a decent receiver out of the backfield as well.

#234: Jimmy Morrissey, C, Pitt - I like Morrissey as a developmental C. He reminds me a lot of Chris Linstrom and Matt Hennessy from the Falcons. Technique and IQ over power and pure athleticism. He's a guy I've been targeting in the 6th or 7th round now for a few weeks.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this haul. IMO, I came away with the following: 

• A franchise QB
  • Rotational RB with starting capability
  • An immediate impact, explosive slot WR
  • Depth along the IOL
  • Immediate impact EDGE & development EDGE
  • Immediate impact CB & depth at S and nickel
  • Like 2

12. San Francisco 49ers
Trey Lance
QB, North Dakota State

43. San Francisco 49ers
Wyatt Davis
IOL, Ohio State

102. San Francisco 49ers
Ronnie Perkins
EDGE, Oklahoma

117. San Francisco 49ers
Walker Little
OT, Stanford

156. San Francisco 49ers
Kary Vincent Jr.
CB, LSU

173. San Francisco 49ers
Shakur Brown
CB, Michigan State

182. San Francisco 49ers
Jaelon Darden
WR, North Texas

196. San Francisco 49ers
Davis Mills
QB, Stanford

224. San Francisco 49ers
Alaric Jackson
OT, Iowa

234. San Francisco 49ers
Chris Rumph II
EDGE, Duke

• Like 2

On 2/14/2021 at 2:58 PM, Forge said:

Lance was available at 12 and Denver offered me #40 and their first round pick in 2022 and 2023 and I couldn't say no to that

My goodness. Yes please. Sign me up for this everyday and 10 times on draft day. 

A project QB in exchange for a future 1st? Plus we get another first on top of that? 

This is like when the nets traded so many picks to the Celtics for Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce 

The only thing is that it makes no sense because Denver drafts in front of us haha

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

Kind of the most ridiculous mock I've done:

12- Slater

43- Mac Jones

102- Joe Tryon

117- Ronnie Perkins

156- Austin Watkins

173- Shakur Brown

182- Kary Vincent

196- Ben Mason

224- Marquez Stevenson

234- Rashad Weaver

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

12- Slater

43- Mac Jones

102- Joe Tryon

117- Ronnie Perkins

156- Austin Watkins

173- Shakur Brown

182- Kary Vincent

196- Ben Mason

224- Marquez Stevenson

234- Rashad Weaver

I’d say. I’d be pumped with it though. Really like Kary Vincent Jr. and although I haven’t really watched any of 156, 196, 224, or 234 the other picks would make this draft an A+.  

Just did a mock on TDF. I don't hate it:

#20: Greg Newsome, CB

#53: Javon Holland, FS

#72: Dayo Odeyingbo, EDGE

#108: Amari Rodgers, WR

#113: Patrick Jones, EDGE

#123: David Mills, QB

#139: Shi Smith, WR

#165: Khalil Herbert, RB

#189: Jack Anderson, OG

#215: Divine Deablo, S

So, came up with this as one of my styled attempts. 

I resigned Moseley, Brunskill, and Trent. Juice, Varrett, Garland, Bourne, and K'Waun walk among others. 

I'm interested in Shanahan style big slots, fullbacks, a bursty Ford style edge bending rusher, corners of every kind, dudes that can return punts and kicks and backup Aiyuk or Deebo, stronger edges to replace Blair/Hyder and spell Bosa, penetrating 1Ts to replace DJ and spell Kinlaw, versatile safeties, and big zone tackles that might play guard for a year and if they play well replace McGlinchey.

These don't all have the same weights to me both because of positional scarcity and because of projectibility - I really, really want to get one of the few bursty edge dudes that project well because pass rush win rate is more closely correlated to NFL success than similar corner metrics - I think you can take corners in the second or third and get more of the tools you need taking advantage of variance in evaluating the position. 

12: Kyle Pitts, big slot, Florida - I love the guy. Made the argument for him on the 9ers. Red zone killer. We need that. Third down killer. That too. Takes gross snaps off Kendrick Bourne and Woerner and Dwelley and even Juice last year and supercharges them (with Kittle as Juice).

43: Ronnie Perkins, burst edge, Oklahoma - love him. Love the speed to power, use of hands, violence, fierceness against the run. I think he would kill mediocre NFL starting tackles like Teven Jenkins one on one because I've seen him do it. 

102: Kelvin Joseph, boundary corner, Kentucky - The best of the corner crop left. I'm just trying to take some projectible NFL bodies with fight and have them succeed at corner with at pass rush that returns to near 2019 levels. Plus, I really liked his tape against Alabama.

117: Drake Jackson, zone center, Kentucky - I love him so much. I think he is the best outside zone run blocking center in the class. Yes he is smol. Yes, he didn't pass protect much. He gets out and owns fools on combo blocks. I still think he would start and slay here. 

156: Robert Rochelle, field corner, Central Arkansas - he's a top 10 corner athlete that currently is not good at playing corner. I'm just trying to high roll a body onto a roster spot. 

173: D'Wayne Eskeridge, flanker, Western Michigan - he kills on slant routes, has sprinter speed and is a fierce YAC boy. One of the few dudes I thought could do a reasonable Aiyuk impression later on. Plus, could return punts and kicks from day one. And I loved his senior bowl route running.

182: Jonathon Cooper - base end, Ohio State - the way he flattens the edge against the run reminds me of Kwity Paye. He uses his hands pretty well as a pass rusher. He is among my mid to late round targets for the Ronald Blair roster spot.

196: Jonathan Marshall, pen 1T, Arkansas - I love his quickness for his size. He was productive and the leader of the Arkansas defense this year. I don't know why he doesn't get more love, but he is among the few dudes I really liked as a bigger penetrating 1T.

7th round picks - 1 corner and 1 safety from small schools with some athletic traits that I haven't personally watched film on yet, but had decent recent year PFF grades. I was out of guys I'd spent time on. Won't list names until I have an actual opinion or personal commitment to them.

Edited by JIllg

On 3/2/2021 at 1:19 AM, Forge said:

12- Slater

43- Mac Jones

102- Joe Tryon

117- Ronnie Perkins

156- Austin Watkins

173- Shakur Brown

182- Kary Vincent

196- Ben Mason

224- Marquez Stevenson

234- Rashad Weaver

Weaver and Perkins that late are gross.

• Like 1

SF

Mac Jones
    QB Alabama
    trade icon
  • SF
    Ronnie Perkins
    EDGE Oklahoma

• SF
    Javonte Williams
    RB North Carolina
    trade icon
  • SF
    Eric Stokes
    CB Georgia
    trade icon
  • SF
    Marvin Wilson
    DT Florida State

• SF
    Caden Sterns
    S Texas
    trade icon
  • SF
    Kary Vincent Jr.
    CB LSU
    trade icon
  • SF
    Shakur Brown
    CB Michigan State
    trade icon
  • SF
    Daelin Hayes
    EDGE Notre Dame
    trade icon
  • SF
    Jaelon Darden
    WR North Texas

• SF
    Janarius Robinson
    EDGE Florida State
    trade icon
  • 2022 TB 2nd
  • 2022 IND 3rd

Just now, GW21 said:

SF

Mac Jones
    QB Alabama
    trade icon
  • SF
    Ronnie Perkins
    EDGE Oklahoma

• SF
    Javonte Williams
    RB North Carolina
    trade icon
  • SF
    Eric Stokes
    CB Georgia
    trade icon
  • SF
    Marvin Wilson
    DT Florida State

• SF
    Caden Sterns
    S Texas
    trade icon
  • SF
    Kary Vincent Jr.
    CB LSU
    trade icon
  • SF
    Shakur Brown
    CB Michigan State
    trade icon
  • SF
    Daelin Hayes
    EDGE Notre Dame
    trade icon
  • SF
    Jaelon Darden
    WR North Texas

• SF
    Janarius Robinson
    EDGE Florida State
    trade icon
  • 2022 TB 2nd
  • 2022 IND 3rd

Whoops. Sorry about the formatting. First mock I tried a PFN where you could trade. I hate that there is absolutely no O-Line help and Javonte Williams is probably going to be seen as a luxury pick, but he’s my favorite back in the draft and I don’t believe we have any backs under contract after this season.