Who should kick rocks? 2021

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I understand that.... but when you pay him 14m for 5 games again.... I’ll be telling you I told you so!  The dudes not a 15/16 game a year guy.  I don’t care if it’s 7m.... what’s the point of having him if he won’t come into camp in shape and won’t fight thru small injuries and play.  

And yes 3 new starters kinda stinks but we essentially had 2 new starters this year.  Do I want to redesign the 60% of the OL? Absolutely not.... but it’s what’s best for the team and cap situations and the OL will be able to handle Change.... they adapted well this year.  I’d rather have 3 new good quality starters then go into the year with 2 new G’s and TB and start some back up like Sam Young again.

essentially your gonna have to have 3 New starters anyway (if incognito retires/gets cut and Jackson gets cut) cuz TB ain’t gonna show up for many games 

If we don't get Agholor back and shake up the OL, we're setting ourselves up for offensive regression. TB needs to come in next year in shape, but tackles are very hard to find and I don't think we have leverage. If we cut him, who starts at RT next year? Parker can't do it consistently. Young sucks. No good tackles ever really hit the market. Do we draft one in the 1st/2nd and see what happens? I'd rather keep him even if we have to eat a few games a year. As unpopular as that might be.

18 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we don't get Agholor back and shake up the OL, we're setting ourselves up for offensive regression. TB needs to come in next year in shape, but tackles are very hard to find and I don't think we have leverage. If we cut him, who starts at RT next year? Parker can't do it consistently. Young sucks. No good tackles ever really hit the market. Do we draft one in the 1st/2nd and see what happens? I'd rather keep him even if we have to eat a few games a year. As unpopular as that might be.

Why would you trust Trent Brown? Even if he came in shape, he’ll make excuses to miss games. He’s lazy. 

It’s already a hole, you’re just looking at it on paper seeing it’s filled, which is a way too simplistic analysis. 

Edited by BayRaider

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

So just keep paying him to regardless of how little he cared this year?  
do you really think him being overweight and thus not practicing all of camp didn’t contribute heavily to his “injury” week 1, 3 plays in.... that kept him out til week 5? 
do you think he really gave it his all to be on the field and just couldnt physically play all those games?  

There needs to be discipline on this team and it starts with him.... his covid fiasco was ridiculous and significantly cost the team.

You can replace him.... the replacement might not be as good as TB can be but at least he’ll be out there.  If you bring TB back your gonna get 8 games max out of him.... so your better off with a Replacement RT that’s 70,80% as good but plays.... cuz your Sam Young backup types are only 40/50% as good 

18 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We'll see bois. I mean I'm also open to moving on. I just want to know that there's some kind of actual plan in place. Not drafting another developmental tackle who gets steamrolled for 16 games.

Richie's probably retiring so if we cut Jackson and Brown we'll be replacing 3 starters on the OL. Risky move especially since Carr is so dependent on having a good OL to be successful and we saw how our depleted OL hurt Jacobs production all year. 

• Like 2

I wouldn’t be oppose to bringing in Riley Reid, whose almost certain to be cut by Minny.

32 years old... 15 games played and started per season for the last 2 seasons.... pretty darn dependable throughout career:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/ReifRi00.htm

Rieff would prolly cost 7-8M (absolutely worst case).  He cut his pay down to 5.9M this year so he’d probably sign did about that.

....and draft a 2nd/3rd round RT for the future.  There’s some good talent that should be there.

https://sisdatahub.com/players/618

‘20:  953 snaps- 4 sacks + 1 penalty 

Trent ain’t the only RT out there.... and to be real honest his play wasn’t at the same level as early last season when he did play 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Richie's probably retiring so if we cut Jackson and Brown we'll be replacing 3 starters on the OL. Risky move especially since Carr is so dependent on having a good OL to be successful and we saw how our depleted OL hurt Jacobs production all year. 

Yes..... it’s risky but teams regularly retool and OL.

and if you role with Trent you still got 3 new Starters for at bare Minimum 6 games... cuz he’ll be out here and there 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yes..... it’s risky but teams regularly retool and OL.

and if you role with Trent you still got 3 new Starters for at bare Minimum 6 games... cuz he’ll be out here and there 

Gabe hasn’t got any money guaranteed has he ? Hopefully we can redo his contract and keep him. He’s played through injuries and would rather keep him unlike ‘ sick note’ Brown. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Gabe hasn’t got any money guaranteed has he ? Hopefully we can redo his contract and keep him. He’s played through injuries and would rather keep him unlike ‘ sick note’ Brown. 

I think Gabe is average and that is being generous. He is a professional and actually plays, but doesn’t create holes in the run game. I guess his pass blocking is better because Raiders oline was good in that regard. People keep saying it’s a lot to lose 3 starting OL but we playing majority of 2020 with backup LG, and RT and still had a good offense. I think Gabe should take a pay cut. He’s been overpaid for a few years now 

16 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I wouldn’t be oppose to bringing in Riley Reid, whose almost certain to be cut by Minny.

32 years old... 15 games played and started per season for the last 2 seasons.... pretty darn dependable throughout career:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/ReifRi00.htm

Rieff would prolly cost 7-8M (absolutely worst case).  He cut his pay down to 5.9M this year so he’d probably sign did about that.

....and draft a 2nd/3rd round RT for the future.  There’s some good talent that should be there.

https://sisdatahub.com/players/618

‘20:  953 snaps- 4 sacks + 1 penalty 

Trent ain’t the only RT out there.... and to be real honest his play wasn’t at the same level as early last season when he did play 

Good find. We can find a solid vet  RT without breaking the bank. Usually the big earners play LT 

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

I hope we punt Witten to the Sun. I hate how Foster didn't get much PT.

With TB's cap hit coming down next season, he can be a trade chip to a team like CIN. I'd rather ship him out for a mid-late pick as opposed to outright cutting him.

That would be nice to trade Brown for a mid round pick

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Gabe is average and that is being generous. He is a professional and actually plays, but doesn’t create holes in the run game. I guess his pass blocking is better because Raiders oline was good in that regard. People keep saying it’s a lot to lose 3 starting OL but we playing majority of 2020 with backup LG, and RT and still had a good offense. I think Gabe should take a pay cut. He’s been overpaid for a few years now 

You might want to look at Jacobs TD run against the Broncos and check what Gabe does. 0 sacks allowed and 3 penalties on the year ? 

Edited by Dessie