2021 Offseason Roster Moves

Pastor Dillon

23 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

So this is what having a real GM is like again! Awesome job by Caserio to get Mercilus' cap hit down and get the contract off the books by next offseason. Between the cap being down and bad contracts given by BOB, it seems like Caserio's trying to clear the decks by getting rid of bad contracts and not signing anyone really beyond a 1-2 year deal. 

i didn't even think this was possible... lol... even Merc was like.. "yeah, BO'ob had no idea what he was doing... but I'll take it"  (now he feels guilty)

Edited by jch1911
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, LORK88 said:

Another 1 year signing to the group. 

I see him as fallback if Max Scharping doesn't get up to speed. Right now, the other G has to be whoever doesn't play RT (I hope it's Tytus Howard, I think he could be an absolute mauler at G) so it's Scharping v Taylor for the other spot. 

If Sharping doesn't win the starting spot outright, it's possible he flames out this season and never gets another shot again.

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

I see him as fallback if Max Scharping doesn't get up to speed. Right now, the other G has to be whoever doesn't play RT (I hope it's Tytus Howard, I think he could be an absolute mauler at G) so it's Scharping v Taylor for the other spot. 

If Sharping doesn't win the starting spot outright, it's possible he flames out this season and never gets another shot again.

It definitely fits our offseason narrative: low-risk, low cost volume signings. I feel like this year is going to be one massive season-long tryout because of how many 1 and 2 year deals we have. Anyone who does well gets an extension, anyone who turns out to be a bust can be cut or let walk for no penalty. Honestly, I don't hate it. It's like the draft; the more picks you have, the better odds you have of getting good players. Next year is looking bleak with Deshaun most likely out one way or another so might as well see who proves themselves while we get all our draft capital back. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ET80 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/.amp/news/analysis-texans-sign-qb-5-jeff-driskel-joins-houston

So, QB 5 on the roster (including Watson).

Camp arm, I guess?

That's one crowed QB room. I mean I guess they're assuming Deshaun isn't showing up if everything get cleared up. But 4 QBs seems excessive, especially when Mills needs to get a good chunk of the work, presumably along with Tyrod. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

That's one crowed QB room. I mean I guess they're assuming Deshaun isn't showing up if everything get cleared up. But 4 QBs seems excessive, especially when Mills needs to get a good chunk of the work, presumably along with Tyrod. 

Mills/Tyrod and Findley are the three I see making the team. Watson is sat/traded and Driskell is traded (or maybe this is another zany Coach hire, sort of like how Easterby picked up Josh McCown...)

18 hours ago, ET80 said:

Mills/Tyrod and Findley are the three I see making the team. Watson is sat/traded and Driskell is traded (or maybe this is another zany Coach hire, sort of like how Easterby picked up Josh McCown...)

Findley and Driskell are competing for the 3rd QB spot. It’s not really crowded. 

19 hours ago, ET80 said:

Mills/Tyrod and Findley are the three I see making the team. Watson is sat/traded and Driskell is cut (or maybe this is another zany Coach hire, sort of like how Easterby picked up Josh McCown...)

Meant to say cut, not traded.

On 5/20/2021 at 7:26 AM, ET80 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/.amp/news/analysis-texans-sign-qb-5-jeff-driskel-joins-houston

So, QB 5 on the roster (including Watson).

Camp arm, I guess?

The afternoon guys on 610 were speculating that possibly one of the 3 not names Deshaun  was taking part in the OTA's boycott and that's why Driskel was brought in. 

Or they saw some live reps of one of the guys and thought, WTF

• Like 1