• Astros in 4
    • Yankees in 4
    • Astros in 5
    • Yankees in 5
    • Astros in 6
    • Yankees in 6
    • Astros in 7
    • Yankees in 7

Yankees' SP is unquestionably the team's biggest weakness, and in this series, it hasn't been bad.  Severino is a future ace, Tanaka has been pitching like the ace with big game experience, Sabathia has pitched like he's been in this situation a dozen times before, but about 3 years too old, and Gray had a wonderful night tonight.  Every single hitter in the Yankees lineup can do serious damage, and the bullpen, even with Betances pitching like absolute garbage, is quite fantastic overall.  If Betances could get his crap together, which I doubt at this point honestly, it would be phenominal.  But the craziest thing about this team is you feel like things will only get better for them.  This playoffs is monumental for Judge, Sanchez, and Bird, just to get the experience, as well as Severino as a pitcher.  Even if the Yankees fall here, it's only positive.  

The Yankees have an incredible core going forward.  The only thing they need is more starting pitching, especially since Sabathia won't be playing for too much longer.  

25 minutes ago, MysticLeviathan said:

Yankees' SP is unquestionably the team's biggest weakness, and in this series, it hasn't been bad.  Severino is a future ace, Tanaka has been pitching like the ace with big game experience, Sabathia has pitched like he's been in this situation a dozen times before, but about 3 years too old, and Gray had a wonderful night tonight.  Every single hitter in the Yankees lineup can do serious damage, and the bullpen, even with Betances pitching like absolute garbage, is quite fantastic overall.  If Betances could get his crap together, which I doubt at this point honestly, it would be phenominal.  But the craziest thing about this team is you feel like things will only get better for them.  This playoffs is monumental for Judge, Sanchez, and Bird, just to get the experience, as well as Severino as a pitcher.  Even if the Yankees fall here, it's only positive.  

The Yankees have an incredible core going forward.  The only thing they need is more starting pitching, especially since Sabathia won't be playing for too much longer.  

Our SP is great, actually

I just can't stomach the Yankees going back to the World Series. I need the Astros to make a damn play! But as a baseball fan, I love playoff baseball and like what I'm seeing overall. This series can go either way, but I still got the Stros in 6. (Praying every day and night)

I'm curious - does anyone know how much money MLB would stand to gain with a Dodgers / Yankees World Series as opposed to a Dodgers / Houston one? I know that Houston is a solid market, but it's not New York, and I have to imagine that MLB is salivating over the prospect of it's premiere markets coming together on the biggest stage. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm curious - does anyone know how much money MLB would stand to gain with a Dodgers / Yankees World Series as opposed to a Dodgers / Houston one? I know that Houston is a solid market, but it's not New York, and I have to imagine that MLB is salivating over the prospect of it's premiere markets coming together on the biggest stage. 

Obviously.

Archived