2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

28 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I wonder if we may find a better/younger option but I’m disappointed. He was good last year he had the most pass defensed on the team.

Chidobe Awuzie is who I'm hoping for. He's a year younger. Still, it is disappointing. Although not as bad as most the Doomsayers are acting

• Like 1

Just now, taylor made said:

Although not as bad as most the Doomsayers are acting

It's not so much they are "doomsayers" as "mediocrity minstrels" ... everything that is being done right now looks to keep the team built for the 7-9/9-7 "La Meh-a Tar Pits"

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Oh and now we’re at the part on Twitter where we brag about the lack of leaks. “Oh it’s refreshing and so professional” as the rest of the league gets better. I won’t be excited for one year deals where the guy just walks and we stay in this perpetual 6-10 to 7-9 range year after year. This is still the same dumb *** team that let a franchise QB walk for a third round compensation pick in his prime. 

Silver lining 5 or 6 wins gets us in the top 10 to get one of the best QB prospects available in the 2022 draft.

Yeah, that’s all I got. 😂 

1 minute ago, Woz said:

It's not so much they are "doomsayers" as "mediocrity minstrels" ... everything that is being done right now looks to keep the team built for the 7-9/9-7 "La Meh-a Tar Pits"

Perhaps they think they can move Moreland back to play at his natural position on the outside and then they can draft or sign a slot corner.

Hmm... @Thaiphoon ??

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

Rivera absolutely crushed Free Agency last year and the guy can do nothing right in some people's eyes. The amount of negativity here is absurd. We won the division last year if I recall.

Edited by taylor made
  • Like 1

I think y’all are overhyping Darby. He’s been hurt like crazy throughout his whole career. Never turns his head around to make plays on the ball. I’m an FSU fan and when he played for us, he was the same way. Remember this year when Cooper burnt him for the long TD on the go route? He had good coverage but never turned his head around or made a play on the ball and Cooper catches it and just keeps running. 
I am not saying he is bad. But he can be replaced for cheaper. Y’all reading too much into his PFF grade. 

Edited by Umbaugh21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I think y’all are overhyping Darby. He’s been hurt like crazy throughout his whole career. Never turns his head around to make plays on the ball. I’m an FSU fan and when he played for us, he was the same way. Remember this year when Cooper burnt him for the long TD on the go route? He had good coverage but never turned his head around or made a play on the ball and Cooper catches it and just keeps running. 

I think there’s a good chance we move Moreland outside and then sign a slot corner or draft a slot corner in the mid rounds.

• Like 1